Current concerns

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I'm someone who watched last season and saw passes falling short, going wild, and getting intercepted because they were just bad. Prove to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that dak has that talent. Go ahead.

Somewhere there are footprints in a sidewalk because construction workers could not prove to you that the concrete was wet.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
QB-Dak and two backups who I have faith in to hold the fort down creates positive vibes. Still some concern over what's between his ears.

TE-a concern with the retirement of Witten. Ok is the best I can conjure at present. Marginally ok. Swaim, Schultz, and the other two should suffice.

WR-a true concern here. I think it will be ok but lots of questions here WR by committee.

Brown, Noah*
Cannon, K.D.
Earl, Malik
Gallup, Michael*
Hurns, Allen*
Lenoir Jr., Lance
Murdock, Marchie
Thompson, Deonte
Williams, Terrance*
Wilson, Cedrick*
Austin*

RB-EE, Austin, Smith, Scarborough FB-Olawale

OL-Starters: Smith, Willams, Fred, Martin, Collins* Fleming SOT. G-Edwards, Kadeem; Martin, Marcus; Robertson, Jay; Stanton, Dustin 2 Guards from the latter OT reserves: Campos, Jake; Johnson, Bryce; Jones, Jarron 2 from the OT reserves. We're in good shape here.

DE-

Armstrong, Dorance* *=starters
Charlton, Taco*
Ealy, Kony*
Hearns, James
Jones, Datone
Larkin, Austin
Lawrence, Demarcus*
Tapper, Charles
Gregory, Randy*

DT-

Crawford, Tyrone* 3/5 *=starter
Irving, David* 3/5
Ash, Richard
Collins, Maliek*-injured 8-12 weeks
Osborne, DeQuinton* 1/3
Price, Brian 1
Ross, Daniel 1/3
Ward, Jihad 3/5

Would like a better 3 to go with the other two DT but we're ok here. Look for some TC changes here.

LB-Lee*, Smith*, LVE*, Wilson*; Thomas 53. One more out of the rest. Will look outside team for another
Lanning, Joel-STs
Lee, Sean-WILL
March-Lillard , Justin-STs
Queiro, Kyle-listed as LB but probably SS
Shockley, Ed-rotation/STs
Smith, Jaylon-rotation all three; some Nickel
Thomas, Joe-R/ST
Vander Esch, Leighton-rotation MIKE/Nickel cover/ST
Wilson, Damien-rotation SAM/ST

S-Heath SS; Jones likely moves to CB; Frazier; Woods; Awuzie moves to FS. These are starters.

CB-Just too much movement and UDFAs to predict much. Jones likely outside starter. Lewis the other. Not sure about SL and Nickel. We're good here although one S with more experience is a pro but the con is taking up a roster spot of an up and comer.
I don't see Schultz beating out Rico Gathers, how could you forget about him?

Ddisco22

Reaction score
QB-Dak and two backups who I have faith in to hold the fort down creates positive vibes. Still some concern over what's between his ears.

TE-a concern with the retirement of Witten. Ok is the best I can conjure at present. Marginally ok. Swaim, Schultz, and the other two should suffice.

WR-a true concern here. I think it will be ok but lots of questions here WR by committee.

Brown, Noah*
Cannon, K.D.
Earl, Malik
Gallup, Michael*
Hurns, Allen*
Lenoir Jr., Lance
Murdock, Marchie
Thompson, Deonte
Williams, Terrance*
Wilson, Cedrick*
Austin*

RB-EE, Austin, Smith, Scarborough FB-Olawale

OL-Starters: Smith, Willams, Fred, Martin, Collins* Fleming SOT. G-Edwards, Kadeem; Martin, Marcus; Robertson, Jay; Stanton, Dustin 2 Guards from the latter OT reserves: Campos, Jake; Johnson, Bryce; Jones, Jarron 2 from the OT reserves. We're in good shape here.

DE-

Armstrong, Dorance* *=starters
Charlton, Taco*
Ealy, Kony*
Hearns, James
Jones, Datone
Larkin, Austin
Lawrence, Demarcus*
Tapper, Charles
Gregory, Randy*

DT-

Crawford, Tyrone* 3/5 *=starter
Irving, David* 3/5
Ash, Richard
Collins, Maliek*-injured 8-12 weeks
Osborne, DeQuinton* 1/3
Price, Brian 1
Ross, Daniel 1/3
Ward, Jihad 3/5

Would like a better 3 to go with the other two DT but we're ok here. Look for some TC changes here.

LB-Lee*, Smith*, LVE*, Wilson*; Thomas 53. One more out of the rest. Will look outside team for another
Lanning, Joel-STs
Lee, Sean-WILL
March-Lillard , Justin-STs
Queiro, Kyle-listed as LB but probably SS
Shockley, Ed-rotation/STs
Smith, Jaylon-rotation all three; some Nickel
Thomas, Joe-R/ST
Vander Esch, Leighton-rotation MIKE/Nickel cover/ST
Wilson, Damien-rotation SAM/ST

S-Heath SS; Jones likely moves to CB; Frazier; Woods; Awuzie moves to FS. These are starters.

CB-Just too much movement and UDFAs to predict much. Jones likely outside starter. Lewis the other. Not sure about SL and Nickel. We're good here although one S with more experience is a pro but the con is taking up a roster spot of an up and comer.
WR- in this order
Hurns
Beas
T. Will
Austin
Thompson
Gallup--Maybe

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Concerns:

Lead WR or producing enough at WR without one.
Special teams being totally overhauled with Rich stealing all our guys away to Oakland.
Safety play. Team to count heavily on young safeties.
Health: Led by Tyron and Sean Lee but health is always a concern.

links18

Reaction score
Awuzie looked good at corner. Are they saying they’re likely to switch him to safety?

So, move Jones back to corner and move Awuzie to safety? Am I supposed to say POSITION FLEX here?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
My concerns in order:

1. The 1T position

2. Linehan

3. Safety position

4. No true receiving mismatch

5. Lose of our ST coach

Verdict

Reaction score
No, I'm someone who watched last season and saw passes falling short, going wild, and getting intercepted because they were just bad. Prove to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that dak has that talent. Go ahead.

Why would anyone try to convince you of something you won't be open minded about. That's a pretty silly.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dak needs to grow some. But I have faith in him long term based on what I have seen since the late 50s.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My current concern is Elliott messing up before the season starts, followed closely by Dak's cigar smoking giving him lung cancer or one of those respiratory diseases. Mike White better pan out for us.