Current concerns

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Shultz knows how to play tight end Rico is still learning
you guys have to also remember that this is a totally different game, don't assume he will be able to step right in. Rico has the advantage of being on the team already, he's more familiar.
I'd be happy with whomever played as long as they play well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For me current concerns today?
1 Injuries
2 suspensions
3 distractions

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Coaching staff is all I am worried about ...... we have talent .........

Gameover

Reaction score
OL
QB

Cowboys go as they go. The OL was terrible in 2017. The QB didn’t play with the same poise and presence in 2017.

Can Smith overcome his back issues?

Is Collins any good?

Can Dak bounce back mentally after some really bad moments in 2017?

Athletes with back issues usually don’t overcome them.

Hopefully better coaching will help Collins, because he sucks. Anointed too soon. I hate this player

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
Current concerns-

Coaches- will they actually design plays/ offensive packages to scheme uses for these new wr's and use them in games? Same for TE's. They haven't shown the ability to get non starters involved much in the past. Often the backup wr's are used as blockers or forced to run the same pattern as starters wether that fits their strength or not.

QB to wr- which qb and wr will begin to put in the countless hrs of extra practice that it takes to form the romo to dez type of connection. Normal practice time just isn't enough to build a good repoirt needed to win tough games.

Defense- we have tons of bodies, tons of guys with position flex, few guys who dominate 1 position.
Really nice spot on summary.

DiResta

Reaction score
Collins concerns me because if his foot problems continue to drag out this is the exact thing that can cost a bubble player his spot
the recovery timelines are usually optimistic at best so if hes not ready i could see them going longer than usual, there or anywhere there may be injuries

tightend seems sketchy to me just based on Garretts dependency on them and now you dont have jack of all trades Witten
this is another position i think they may be watching extra closely in August and going long there could cost somebodies cat their roster spot

the Cowboys have to do better here period
lack of depth cost games last season

DiResta

Reaction score
dont think they have any intention to move Chido
Byron is the guy Kris was talking about in ideal corner build being long strong etc and this also fits Chido exactly
Stephen already said Xavier at safety with Heath at SS i would assume Heath and Fraizer split snaps with Heath backing up Woods

CWR

Reaction score
I don’t like it personally. It would appear to be a band aid to cover up the fact they did nothing at the S position this offseason. Take your promising CB and make him a safety.

Smells like taking your promising 3 Tech rookie DT and moving him to the 1 Tech because your typical cheap 1 Tech plan failed.

I guess I can take small solace in the fact Richard would be calling the shots.

Why does everyone assume Byron will be a starting CB as well? I guess because he used to be a starting Safety? I always figured its Lewis and Cheeto at CB, but considering we haven't done anything at Safety and how talented Cheeto is maybe that is their plan? I am excited to see Woods also. Lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
QB-Dak and two backups who I have faith in to hold the fort down creates positive vibes. Still some concern over what's between his ears.

TE-a concern with the retirement of Witten. Ok is the best I can conjure at present. Marginally ok. Swaim, Schultz, and the other two should suffice.

WR-a true concern here. I think it will be ok but lots of questions here WR by committee.

Brown, Noah*
Cannon, K.D.
Earl, Malik
Gallup, Michael*
Hurns, Allen*
Lenoir Jr., Lance
Murdock, Marchie
Thompson, Deonte
Williams, Terrance*
Wilson, Cedrick*
Austin*

RB-EE, Austin, Smith, Scarborough FB-Olawale

OL-Starters: Smith, Willams, Fred, Martin, Collins* Fleming SOT. G-Edwards, Kadeem; Martin, Marcus; Robertson, Jay; Stanton, Dustin 2 Guards from the latter OT reserves: Campos, Jake; Johnson, Bryce; Jones, Jarron 2 from the OT reserves. We're in good shape here.

DE-

Armstrong, Dorance* *=starters
Charlton, Taco*
Ealy, Kony*
Hearns, James
Jones, Datone
Larkin, Austin
Lawrence, Demarcus*
Tapper, Charles
Gregory, Randy*

DT-

Crawford, Tyrone* 3/5 *=starter
Irving, David* 3/5
Ash, Richard
Collins, Maliek*-injured 8-12 weeks
Osborne, DeQuinton* 1/3
Price, Brian 1
Ross, Daniel 1/3
Ward, Jihad 3/5

Would like a better 3 to go with the other two DT but we're ok here. Look for some TC changes here.

LB-Lee*, Smith*, LVE*, Wilson*; Thomas 53. One more out of the rest. Will look outside team for another
Lanning, Joel-STs
Lee, Sean-WILL
March-Lillard , Justin-STs
Queiro, Kyle-listed as LB but probably SS
Shockley, Ed-rotation/STs
Smith, Jaylon-rotation all three; some Nickel
Thomas, Joe-R/ST
Vander Esch, Leighton-rotation MIKE/Nickel cover/ST
Wilson, Damien-rotation SAM/ST

S-Heath SS; Jones likely moves to CB; Frazier; Woods; Awuzie moves to FS. These are starters.

CB-Just too much movement and UDFAs to predict much. Jones likely outside starter. Lewis the other. Not sure about SL and Nickel. We're good here although one S with more experience is a pro but the con is taking up a roster spot of an up and comer.

Concern about what's between Dak ears? Why?

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ing-Education-Of-Cowboys-QB-Prescott-74903039
Dr. Dak: The Education Of The Cowboys QB
ByMIKE FISHER Jun 12, 2017
We often write about Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott being “wise beyond his years.’’

But it’s not just a cliche; before the Mississippi State product was selected by Dallas in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. he’d already hustled to get his Bachelor's degree in information systems with a Master's degree in workforce leadership.

So the skins are on the wall.

And as he begins his second year as a driving force with America’s Team, he wants another skin.

He wants to get a Doctorate, too.

"Being able to understand people, kind of know what people take to be motivated and learning each and every personality that I can, it definitely helps me out to be a leader," Prescott said in explaining why a PhD in Psychology would benefit him. "It's just stuff I learn from the books. I was learning the motivation, the different personalities and traits that either motivates them or puts them down. Knowing how each guy reacts to something different I think helps me the most.

Johnny23

Reaction score
easy one of the Kardashian/Jenner witches leavimg their current sucker to latching their talons into Dak or Zeke.