Current News

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Current Events Roundup :cool:

• Watching the news this week on this continuing conflict in the Middle East. Israel has the same problem as the Dallas Cowboys. No gameplan, just a business model. They're going to get shut down by the worldwide community, starting with the U.S., if they can't come up with a goal other than keep bombing the crap out of Palestinians. No way to win that, ESPECIALLY in today's media heavy world.
  • Tik Tok. What you folks think about the possible shutdown of that app? Can we speak about it without getting into politics too much? Makes me wonder why no one has made a movie yet where people's social media apps take over since a foreign government runs all the network. Too busy worrying about AI I guess.
  • Coolest new toy. Dragonfire Laser Missile Defense System. Will take down missiles, planes and anything the size of a coin for $13? I'll believe it when I see it. Going back to the 1980's Star Wars system, laser defense systems are definitely known for hyperbole. I thought this was Cold War history, but could see the entire thing coming back with today's technology and threats.
  • Best panic mongering Drudge Report headline this week: Elon Musk will destroy the Earth's magnetic shield.
  • Local but National: DFW fastest growing metro in country for 2023. Houston was 2nd. Atlanta 3rd. More transplant fans to invade our stadium or bandwagon CJ Stroud in H-Town.

Flamma

Reaction score
https://nj1015.com/perth-amboy-donuts-traffic-standstill/

Check out these clowns stopping traffic. scroll down a little for the videos. Two things jumped out at me after watching this video through. These guys are not just rowdy kids having fun. They're pros. The 2nd, those people standing out there on the edge of the donut show, not a single one of them has an IQ over 70. Take that to the bank.

Flamma

Reaction score
My apologies. I should have known better and posted it here in the first place.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So Vladimir Putin makes a speech to the Russian people about the terrorist bombing at the concert. Freaking ISIS claims responsibility, and he doesn’t even mention it ONCE in his speech to his people, instead saying the terrorists were trying to flee to Ukraine. False flag here we come! This guy is nuts and makes the entire world an unsafe place to live. I hope he dies soon, for the sake of world safety.

triplets_93

Reaction score
P Diddy's mansions in LA and Miami were raided today by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

P Diddy has not been named in an arrest warrant at this time. His whereabouts are unknown at this time.

RoboQB

Reaction score
P Diddy's mansions in LA and Miami were raided today by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

P Diddy has not been named in an arrest warrant at this time. His whereabouts are unknown at this time.

Dude tried to flee the country.
They grounded his plane.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Read an article that said ME TOO is about to come to the rap industry with some of these celebs getting exposed. LOL

"Mr. G Thang X, can you please stop referring to women as %*#$#*. How about we use the term "female dog" instead? Great... take it from the start, 3.2.1..."

giphy.gif

triplets_93

Reaction score
Burglars steal as much as $30 million in one of L.A.’s largest cash heists ever, LAPD seeks clues

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ar-burglary-money-storage-facility-30-million

The burglary occurred Easter Sunday night at a facility in Sylmar, CA where cash from businesses across the region is handled and stored, said L.A. Police Department Cmdr. Elaine Morales.

The thieves were able to breach the building as well as the safe where the money was stored, Morales said. Law enforcement sources said the burglary was among the largest in city history when it comes to cash, and the total also surpassed any armored-car heist in the city.

Sources familiar with the investigation told The Times that a burglary crew broke through the roof of the Gardaworld building on Roxford Street to gain access to the vault. But it is unclear how they avoided the alarm system.

The Canada-based security company has not responded to requests for comment.

Creeper

Reaction score
A lot of people do not realize these facilities exist. When I worked for a major international bank we had a business like this based in Long Island, NY. Cash from all kinds of businesses, uncounted, would get picked up by armored cars and brought to this facility where we had people who would count it and then deposit it into bank accounts. It was a service we provided to customers. You would be surprised how much money is collected this way. Airlines, for example, that sell drinks on airplanes used to take cash and then this cash would be collected and brought to our facility. We have 3 major airports in the NY area so there are hundreds of flights in and out every day at all 3 airports. All those drink fees add up. I had the opportunity to tour the facility once when it was only half full. There was only $300 million in cash in the vaults at the time! That's right, I said vaults, plural. And they were huge - at least 20 ft high. Money was stacked on pallets from floor to ceiling in one vault. Standing next to that much cash is surreal. The security was pretty intense. The building was unmarked so no one had any idea what was going on inside. The counting facility was actually underneath the building. You had to go through man-traps to get in. Heavily armed guards were stationed behind bullet proof glass. Cameras everywhere. Employees were searched entering and leaving the facility. Remember, this is all uncounted cash so no one would know if a few bucks were missing here and there - except for the cameras. Armored cars would drop off cash by driving through a heavy door under the building. Armored trucks would leave with counted cash to drop off at banks. This was going on constantly.

In addition to counting the cash, the facility also had to weed out the counterfeit currency. That was pretty interesting to see too.

Anyway, our facility got robbed as well. It turned out it was the owner of the armored car service. He and his wife managed to abscond with millions of dollars but he was eventually caught.

nobody

Reaction score