Current News

triplets_93

Reaction score
The Mexico City International Airport acknowledged in a statement Friday that a man had opened an emergency exit and walked out on a wing of a plane that was parked and waiting for takeoff Thursday.

The airport said the man had been turned over to police.

But dozens of fellow passengers signed a written copy of a statement saying the airline made them wait for four hours without ventilation or water while the flight was delayed. According to photos of the statement posted online, fellow passengers said he acted “to protect everyone, with the support of everyone.”

https://apnews.com/article/mexico-a...it-rebellion-91e3411716e22bfd8778905860a7850f

triplets_93

Reaction score
The first attempt at a US landing on the moon in many decades will occur today around 4:30pm CST. Coverage begins about and hour and half before...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The first attempt at a US landing on the moon in many decades will occur today around 4:30pm CST. Coverage begins about and hour and half before...

One hour of talking and screen monitoring but no HD footage from the landing. The conspiracy nuts still won‘t budge after this.

triplets_93

Reaction score
One hour of talking and screen monitoring but no HD footage from the landing. The conspiracy nuts still won‘t budge after this.
NASA explained that this was a relativity low cost mission by design. NASA said they could fund 10 of these low cost mission for the price one major mission, like one of the ones to Mars for example.

What led to the current lander having a bad landing was simple human error on this relatively low cost mission. The safety covers on the laser navigation devices were not removed before sending the lander for launch.

Oooooops

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Recently, the forum has been rather quiet regarding the war in Ukraine.

Previously, there was quite a bit of dialogue on that subject and, as I recall, the thread managed to stay apolitical.

With that in mind, I am curious what you thought about the Putin interview. The interview itself - whether you agree or disagree - was certainly newsworthy. For those familiar with the history of that area, what is your view of Putin's recount of events leading up to the invasion 2 years ago?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Recently, the forum has been rather quiet regarding the war in Ukraine.

Previously, there was quite a bit of dialogue on that subject and, as I recall, the thread managed to stay apolitical.

With that in mind, I am curious what you thought about the Putin interview. The interview itself - whether you agree or disagree - was certainly newsworthy. For those familiar with the history of that area, what is your view of Putin's recount of events leading up to the invasion 2 years ago?
i’m not sure that one can leave out politics anymore since the politicians have also decided to turn the funding for this into another stalemate. Whether the intervention be right or wrong — because let’s face it, we have caused more harm than good in some areas of the world with our interventions — it used to be this country could always be counted on to fight fascism or communism. I guess those days are gone.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Putin's review of 1500 years of Russian history, while a bit long-winded and rambling, was reasonable. Of particular interest were his comments of recent history -- say, the last 20-30 years.

BTW, I am not a Putin supporter or a Russian apologist... more a student of history for Russia having lived and worked in the Former Soviet Union.

nobody

Reaction score
NASA explained that this was a relativity low cost mission by design. NASA said they could fund 10 of these low cost mission for the price one major mission, like one of the ones to Mars for example.

What led to the current lander having a bad landing was simple human error on this relatively low cost mission. The safety covers on the laser navigation devices were not removed before sending the lander for launch.

Oooooops
Lost cost or not, high definition cameras are CHEAP now. The expensive part I guess would have been engineering one into the lander. How does one forget to remove safety covers? Idiocy.