Current News

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As always, we do NOT allow political, racial, etc. topics, comments or discussions on this site!

This is true no matter your intent, your stance or what side you are on!

triplets_93

Reaction score
Billions of Celestial Objects Revealed in Gargantuan Survey of the Milky Way
NSF’s NOIRLab releases colossal astronomical data tapestry displaying the majesty of our Milky Way in unprecedented detail

18 January 2023

Astronomers have released a gargantuan survey of the galactic plane of the Milky Way. The new dataset contains a staggering 3.32 billion celestial objects — arguably the largest such catalog so far. The data for this unprecedented survey were taken with the Dark Energy Camera, built by the US Department of Energy, at the NSF’s Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in Chile, a Program of NOIRLab.

https://noirlab.edu/public/news/noirlab2301/

triplets_93

Reaction score
Automakers' push to remove AM radio in new cars gets pushback from Capitol Hill

Manufacturers such as BMW, Mazda, Tesla, and Volkswagen are taking AM radio out of new electric vehicles over concerns their engines will interfere with how AM stations sound, according to The Washington Post.

Major U.S. automaker Ford is eliminating AM radio from nearly all of its new vehicles – gas and electric – citing data showing less than 5% of in-car listening is from those stations.

The proposed transition is already facing opposition from a big-time lobby group, Capitol Hill, and beyond.

https://justthenews.com/accountabil...move-am-radio-despite-outcry-safety-officials

Praxit

Reaction score
...dont know where you guys stand on this. But, hell with that.

I usually stay within 10%-15% zone.

Scoop here: Bigger Tips

triplets_93

Reaction score
Based on speculation from the Blancolirio report on the accident: "The Bell 407 helicopter flew into the snorkel as it was dangling down below the Sikorsky S-64E helicopter."

Cal Fire 'HELCO' Mid Air Collision 6 Aug 2023

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Montgomery Brawl was a crazy thing to watch. Dumb people doing dumb things.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Based on speculation from the Blancolirio report on the accident: "The Bell 407 helicopter flew into the snorkel as it was dangling down below the Sikorsky S-64E helicopter."

Cal Fire 'HELCO' Mid Air Collision 6 Aug 2023

NO TCAS! Helicopter Mid Air UPDATE

Juan Browne Report

Both helos were contract and were not required to have the Traffic Collision Avoidance System.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Automakers' push to remove AM radio in new cars gets pushback from Capitol Hill

Manufacturers such as BMW, Mazda, Tesla, and Volkswagen are taking AM radio out of new electric vehicles over concerns their engines will interfere with how AM stations sound, according to The Washington Post.

Major U.S. automaker Ford is eliminating AM radio from nearly all of its new vehicles – gas and electric – citing data showing less than 5% of in-car listening is from those stations.

The proposed transition is already facing opposition from a big-time lobby group, Capitol Hill, and beyond.

https://justthenews.com/accountabil...move-am-radio-despite-outcry-safety-officials
Lol, what a waste of time fighting this. Pretty sure there's a phone app you can get that would just bluetooth right to any radio made in the last decade.

I'm not a fan of lockout features on a car, but just put the AM station access on a subscription basis and watch nobody ever pay for it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
NO TCAS! Helicopter Mid Air UPDATE

Juan Browne Report

Both helos were contract and were not required to have the Traffic Collision Avoidance System.

Ooooh, I like this guy's videos. I got really hooked on his videos about the Oroville dam failure a few years back.

Pretty good content and pretty often there was good drone footage or cam footage from his little plane.

As for the requirement he wants, I think there's probably a lot more to it than the plane just not having it. If there were ever another large fire like the Paradise fire, not sure you can really be picking and choosing from contractors who have such equipment installed. Every day that passes without an adequate response will likely cost thousands of acres and potentially lives. It would be ideal, but unless the government will subsidize or reimburse for the cost of installation, it's hard to imagine it to get traction. I don't disagree with him at all, but some people just can't make it work financially to pass such a requirement. You could find yourself in a situation with a much smaller fleet to choose from.

Last edited:

triplets_93

Reaction score
Lol, what a waste of time fighting this. Pretty sure there's a phone app you can get that would just bluetooth right to any radio made in the last decade.

I'm not a fan of lockout features on a car, but just put the AM station access on a subscription basis and watch nobody ever pay for it.
The trend with auto mfgrs, is to keep refining their product, as they see it.
So, my previous car had AM/FM/CD.
The car before that had AM/FM/CD/Cassette.

My 2020 car has AM/FM/CD Card and bluetooth, and no CD player.

Car Mfgrs expect buyers to have a smartphone with bluetooth and/or a smartphone with all of your tunes in the memory of the phone/phone's memory card.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Another PILOT has died inflight!!

Aug.16, 2023 - Quatar Airways QR579 (DEL-DOH) Delhi to Doha, Quatar diverted to Dubai as 51 year old senior pilot collapsed inflight and died!

2nd pilot death & 4th collapse THIS WEEK!

Aug.14, 2023 - LATAM Flight LA505 (MIA-SCL) pilot died

Aug.9, 2023 - United Airlines UAL1309 (SRQ-EWR) pilot collapsed

Aug.7, 2023 - TigerAIR Flight IT237 (CTS-TPE) pilot collapsed

https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/latam-airlines-pilot-emergency-landing-panama

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sad stuff. Looks like the Boy Scouts are the new Catholic Church. 82,000 claims??!!! Holy cow!!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...-documentary-scouts-honor-trailer-1235566194/
It is sad.

Fwiw, this is almost entirely 1970s and before.
Massive and super strict changes since the '70s
About 500 million scouts total over the years. 500 million (110 million in the USA)

I wasn't a scout, but my son was.
Super strict and safe for kids in that regard. Way safer than summer camps and even regular school environments, if you run the numbers.

But yes, it was a massive scar on them that led them to make necessary changes years ago.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Another PILOT has died inflight!!

Aug.16, 2023 - Quatar Airways QR579 (DEL-DOH) Delhi to Doha, Quatar diverted to Dubai as 51 year old senior pilot collapsed inflight and died!

2nd pilot death & 4th collapse THIS WEEK!

Aug.14, 2023 - LATAM Flight LA505 (MIA-SCL) pilot died

Aug.9, 2023 - United Airlines UAL1309 (SRQ-EWR) pilot collapsed

Aug.7, 2023 - TigerAIR Flight IT237 (CTS-TPE) pilot collapsed

https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/latam-airlines-pilot-emergency-landing-panama

Statistically speaking.....we have been breaking every record by a mile on these types of sudden, unexpected deaths.
I'll leave it at that.
Maybe its the aliens!

triplets_93

Reaction score
Statistically speaking.....we have been breaking every record by a mile on these types of sudden, unexpected deaths.
I'll leave it at that.
Maybe its the aliens!

It's Climate Change of course. And I'll leave it there...