Current odds on where Belichick will be coaching next year

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But he never made a "salad out of scraps" in NE. He had Brady on offense and let him play with the scraps. Belechek always had a loaded defense.
To think Belichick played no role in the success of the Pats is silly. Belichick is one of the greatest defensive coaches ever and for you to say he ALWAYS had a loaded defense is just not true. Do a little research and get back to me ........

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor... The latest,championships and six Super Bowls.

conner01

Reaction score
Anouther washed up coach great. Give me someone innovative like Ben Johnson and I'll be excited.
Flores, Johnson are a couple. But do you honestly think Jerry will bring in a young guy and actually let him run the team? I don’t
Bill is old but he’s one guy jrrry might let actually run things. And he does bring one thing this team has lacked since jimmy and that’s discipline

conner01

Reaction score
But he never made a "salad out of scraps" in NE. He had Brady on offense and let him play with the scraps. Belechek always had a loaded defense.
He got the mist out of the defensive talent he had by using them properly and having a game plan for every game that took away something the opponent did well. He had some stars but overal his real magic was a masterful game plan in defense

FanofJerry

Reaction score
To think Belichick played no role in the success of the Pats is silly. Belichick is one of the greatest defensive coaches ever and for you to say he ALWAYS had a loaded defense is just not true. Do a little research and get back to me ........

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2024/01/11/tom-brady-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-record/72194046007/#:~:text=NFL STATS CENTRAL: The latest,championships and six Super Bowls.
Another thing "anti-Bill' posters are sidestepping is...

During Patriots hey-day...most were applauding the Patriots cap management. Usually...when deciding to trade a player instead of pay before his second contract. That would diminish talent on defense...yet no one talks about it.

Im not saying the Patriots were the only team concerned about their bottom line...but my memory tells me the Patriots were one of the first teams 'analytics' guys were pointing to in regards to money management.

A lot of things seemed to be happening that were on the forefront of football management and football x an o's during Bill's tenure...but his age erases things mysteriously. Seems unscientific to me.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

During Patriots hey-day...most were applauding the Patriots cap management. Usually...when deciding to trade a player instead of pay before his second contract. That would diminish talent on defense...yet no one talks about it.

Im not saying the Patriots were the only team concerned about their bottom line...but my memory tells me the Patriots were one of the first teams 'analytics' guys were pointing to in regards to money management.

A lot of things seemed to be happening that were on the forefront of football management and football x an o's during Bill's tenure...but his age erases things mysteriously. Seems unscientific to me.
My guess is Bill won't ask for (or get) final say on Player Personnel but he will want to bring in a professional Salary Cap guy. I think he's fine with it. See article below.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news...staff-personnel-department-separate-entities/

Stephen and his Applebee's shift manager pal have been awful at all things contracts and the Cap. Stephen will be moved to second hand ticket sales so they can figure out how to get a cut of the marked up ticket prices.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Exactly ........I could only find 4-5 HOF defensive players under his tenure. Yet I'm told his defenses "were always loaded". Anyone who followed the NFL knows he was a genius at taking away an offense's strength and never needed a ton of superstars. What gets to me is how some refuses to give him full credit for his years with Brady. Here's an interesting point......as good as Brady was, why did sing Randy Moss for 3 years? To be clear, I'm not trying to short-change Brady ( that would be silly ) but like even he said they BOTH needed each other.