Current odds on where Belichick will be coaching next year

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Why is this board trying to make me thing younger coaches are better without any science to back it?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I didn’t tell anyone what to think. I gave you what I thought. it’s called an opinion.
you dont have science. specifically with Bill...you are using win/loss stats.

i bet if those coaching stints you are using to suggest Bill isnt a good coach...I bet if he still lost but was going for it on 4th and 3 from midfield you would be saying he is "innovative" and up your alley. Even though his record sucks.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Prime Michael Vick wasn’t even passing for 2500 yards and 20 TDs. Go look at his passing numbers. All he did well was run. You’re not going to get very far with a QB that does most of their damage with their legs. The most TD passes Vick had in his first five seasons was 15. He was one of the most overrated players in my opinion. Fans just loved watching him takeoff and run. Even in Philly he only had a couple of 3000 yard seasons and only once did he throw for more than 20 TDs. The Cowboys got their first playoff win in 13 years against him. That was Romo‘s first playoff win. I was never impressed with Michael Vick. Reid’s last two seasons in Philly he was 8-8 and 4-12 with Vick. It led to him being fired.
If Vick had real coaching when he came into the league it'd be a different story. Let him start his career with Reid instead of the garbage Atlanta had. He lost prime years in prison. Reid's team the last two years was just bad, not Vick's fault. His 2010 and 2011 seasons were better than anything he did in Atlanta. Injuries did him in afterwards. In his first five years he was overrated. He was a different QB after prison. Vick is one of the great "what if's" in NFL history. Put 2010-2011 Vick on Philly today and they take the division. If Chip Kelly actually cared about his defensive players and had a real pro offense, they might have won a lot more. Vick and Rodgers have the best deep throws I ever saw.

On the other hand, the Philly paper had one of the all-time great headlines when they signed him. "Hide your Beagle, Vick's an Eagle."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you dont have science. specifically with Bill...you are using win/loss stats.
Coaches are judged by their W/L record and because Belichick has a ton of wins and 6 Super Bowl championships with one QB who’s the goat, some consider him the greatest HC of all time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Vick had real coaching when he came into the league it'd be a different story. Let him start his career with Reid instead of the garbage Atlanta had. He lost prime years in prison. Reid's team the last two years was just bad, not Vick's fault. His 2010 and 2011 seasons were better than anything he did in Atlanta. Injuries did him in afterwards. In his first five years he was overrated. He was a different QB after prison. Vick is one of the great "what if's" in NFL history. Put 2010-2011 Vick on Philly today and they take the division. If Chip Kelly actually cared about his defensive players and had a real pro offense, they might have won a lot more.

On the other hand, the Philly paper had one of the all-time great headlines when they signed him. "Hide your Beagle, Vick's an Eagle."
Coaching wasn’t the problem with Vick. He wasn’t a great passer coming out of college. He reached the level he did because of his ability to run. He was a playmaking machine with his legs. Reid is lucky he didn’t start his coaching career with Michael Vick. Donovan McNab was a much better QB than Vick.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Coaches are judged by their W/L record and because Belichick has a ton of wins and 6 Super Bowl championships with one QB who’s the goat, some consider him the greatest HC of all time.
Name your top 2, not 5...im making this easy on you, most innovative coaches.

Prove to me it was their ideas that had not been used before and how those ideas lead to + win seasons.

Please have multiple ideas each coach authored and why that coach could only be young to have come up with those ideas.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Coaching wasn’t the problem with Vick. He wasn’t a great passer coming out of college. He reached the level he did because of his ability to run. He was a playmaking machine with his legs. Reid is lucky he didn’t start his coaching career with Michael Vick. Donovan McNab was a much better QB than Vick.
He became mechanically a great passer. No one can argue that he didn't have the physical tools to throw well. Watch his passing early in his career and then watch his passing with the Eagles. Damn near a different QB. You don't weigh only 210 pounds and throw the ball 70 yards on a rope because you suck as a passer. And coaching matters. We will disagree on that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Name your top 2, not 5...im making this easy on you, most innovative coaches.

Prove to me it was their ideas that had not been used before and how those ideas lead to + win seasons.

Please have multiple ideas each coach authored and why that coach could only be young to have come up with those ideas.
You’re just looking to argue. lol I gave my opinion of Belichick and now you want my top two most innovative coaches. You’re taking this in a completely different direction just to keep it going and going. :rolleyes: Sorry, but I have better things to do. Find someone else to keep you entertained.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
You’re just looking to argue. lol I gave my opinion of Belichick and now you want my top two most innovative coaches. You’re taking this in a completely different direction just to keep it going and going. :rolleyes: Sorry, but I have better things to do.
Belicheat isn't fixing what's wrong with this team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He became mechanically a great passer. No one can argue that he didn't have the physical tools to throw well. Watch his passing early in his career and then watch his passing with the Eagles. Damn near a different QB. You don't weigh only 210 pounds and throw the ball 70 yards on a rope because you suck as a passer. And coaching matters. We will disagree on that.
It’s not about mechanics, it’s about numbers and putting points on the board. If he couldn’t run, he would’ve been a mid round draft pick. He had a big arm and teams thought they could develop him as a passer. In the NFL, you have to be able to get it done from the pocket and he couldn’t.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You’re just looking to argue. lol I gave my opinion of Belichick and now you want my top two most innovative coaches. You’re taking this in a completely different direction just to keep it going and going. :rolleyes: Sorry, but I have better things to do. Find someone else to keep you entertained.
Dont use 'innovative' if you dont keep a list of what each coach has done innovatively compared to other coaches. Dont use going 'young' as way to distinguish yourself...if 'young' really doesnt provide anything other than 'fire' to make new age players want to go play video games.

Weird how forums discourage posters like myself from trying making sense of things. I am force fed 'W/L record' because that makes a point or sense to some....but when asked to explain how 'young or innovative' is so important....no one wants to suggest anything other than "trust me"

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
It’s not about mechanics, it’s about numbers and putting points on the board. If he couldn’t run, he would’ve been a mid round draft pick. He had a big arm and teams thought they could develop him as a passer. In the NFL, you have to be able to get it done from the pocket and he couldn’t.
But he was doing much better until injuries finally got to him. Again, he had a coach in Atlanta that let him do whatever he wanted to do on the field. He needed a proper teacher. He didn't have one. I know first-hand how much coaching matters. At Rutgers we changed linebackers coach my senior year. I learned more from his about playing the position in one month than I did from my previous coach in three years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But he was doing much better until injuries finally got to him. Again, he had a coach in Atlanta that let him do whatever he wanted to do on the field. He needed a proper teacher. He didn't have one. I know first-hand how much coaching matters. At Rutgers we changed linebackers coach my senior year. I learned more from his about playing the position in one month than I did from my previous coach in three years.
He was doing better, but he only had two seasons over 3000 yards passing. His career high in TD passes was 21. He only reached 20 TD passes twice in his career. Great runner but wasn’t nearly productive enough as a passer. I don’t agree that it was the coaching. Drew Brees was taken with the first pick in the second round of that same draft and became one of the all-time great QBs because of his arm. His ability to throw led to a championship.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
He was doing better, but he only had two seasons over 3000 yards passing. His career high in TD passes was 21. He only reached 20 TD passes twice in his career. Great runner but wasn’t nearly productive enough as a passer. I don’t agree that it was the coaching. Drew Brees was taken with the first pick in the second round of that same draft and became one of the all-time great QBs because of his arm. His ability to throw helped win a championship.
We will respectfully disagree about the coaching.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't.........he's exactly what this team needs. A defensive genius who can make a salad out of scraps. He can bring in an OC off Reid or Shanahan tree.
But he never made a "salad out of scraps" in NE. He had Brady on offense and let him play with the scraps. Belechek always had a loaded defense.