Cut Zeke, Sign and Trade Pollard, Draft Bijan Robinson at 26

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No. No RB in the first. You can get talented runners in later rounds. It is time to move on from Zeke. Even if he takes a pay cut he looked so bad after Pollard went down. He is done and just taking a roster spot at this point. Not sure really what to do with Pollard. His injury really threw a wrench into things.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
And what would you hope to get for Pollard? RB coming off a serious leg injury and just signed to a second contract? I agree with cutting Elliott and freeing up the roster spot. He is very likely all done. But Pollard I thing the approach is to let him hit FA and sign him to a one year deal at far less than the tag price. You run the risk of losing him to another team. If another team wants to pay big bucks for him at this point in his career and coming off an injury...so be it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You can’t do a sign and trade in the nfl as the dead money would cripple you. Or do you mean trade his franchise tag rights? If you get it wrong and no one would pay him as much as a franchise tag costs coming off injury, then you’re stuck with him on your books. It’s also a rule You can only franchise players you intend to keep. So if he says he wants to stay a cowboy and you trade him anyway, you can be severely fined by the NFL, even lose draft picks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No. No RB in the first. You can get talented runners in later rounds. It is time to move on from Zeke. Even if he takes a pay cut he looked so bad after Pollard went down. He is done and just taking a roster spot at this point. Not sure really what to do with Pollard. His injury really threw a wrench into things.
I’m against paying RBs but I’m not against drafting them in the first.

Just use them for 5 years and get rid of them.

After year 3 if you can trade for a first then do it.

Had we just used Zeke for 5 years we’d be sitting pretty but the Jones’s still think football is played like it was in the 90s.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
No first round RB. RB's are relatively easy to find, and don't last long sadly.

The real problem with Zeke is the existing contract- which will hit the salary cap hard whether or not the team cuts him. A renegotiated deal would be best IF he can still play, but that is increasingly debatable. What a catastrophic mistake that was.

stiletto

Reaction score
I just don't think I'd do it. Tag Pollard for a year to see what he can do not having to share with the lumbering Zeke, draft another RB in rd 3 or 4 (there are a ton of decent ones this draft). Draft a new starting Left Guard with a #1 or a starting caliber WR/CB.(OR best player on the board)

They need to sign a couple FA's so they aren't going into the draft taking "Need" picks

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
yea, now we are not supposed to draft in the first round:
RB
DT
QB
WR
OL
DB
LB
FB
P
K
Anyone Else? Sheez, Eagles get 2 first rounders and they may get him.....also Im wondering if jimmy didnt use all those first round picks on Troy, Emmitt, Michael (I know already on team but a first rounder by landry) and everyone else, how in the world would you win 3 in 4 years?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Screw the RB committee, save cap money, get another pick, and draft B.Robinson as the featured back. He has size and speed, and makes a nice target for any QB.....Thoughts?
Idk why we trade zeke though. He still has juice plus he is a franchise player that still has hof potential. Not to mention it will count 10 million dollars in dead cap. That’s 10 million dollars wasted.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Im taking the best player (especially on defense and in the trenches) in rounds 1-4 from UGA, BAMA or Clemson.

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score
Idk why we trade zeke though. He still has juice plus he is a franchise player that still has hof potential. Not to mention it will count 10 million dollars in dead cap. That’s 10 million dollars wasted.
Because zeke is simply finished......go with a younger hungrier powerful back, jerry took zeke in the first didnt he?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
This team has spent a ton of draft capital on defense and they still let down when it counts.

stiletto

Reaction score
LOL!!! We wouldn't be able to get a ham sandwich for Zeke. He's toast and needs to be a June 1 cut to save $11 million and only $5 million dead cap. Problem solved. Everyone knows Zeke is beyond done.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Because zeke is simply finished......go with a younger hungrier powerful back, jerry took zeke in the first didnt he?
3000 more yards put zeke to 13000. Every rb to ever make 13000 plus is on the hall. He can reach that by the end of his current contract. You have to let him try to do it. Hof players carry a lot of cache wjen it comes to a sports franchise’s place in history.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
LOL!!! We wouldn't be able to get a ham sandwich for Zeke. He's toast and needs to be a June 1 cut to save $11 million and only $5 million dead cap. Problem solved. Everyone knows Zeke is beyond done
So I had my numbers backwards on that but still 5 million is a lot to waste and than what is his dead cap in 2024

Sandyf

Reaction score
Screw the RB committee, save cap money, get another pick, and draft B.Robinson as the featured back. He has size and speed, and makes a nice target for any QB.....Thoughts?
So you are absolutely sure Robinson will be there at #26 and there isn't any other team interested in drafting him? Not very good logic. If someone takes him before #26, where does that leave you?