Cut Zeke, Sign and Trade Pollard, Draft Bijan Robinson at 26

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
This all pointless. Everything points to bmore drafting Robinson which is four picks before us

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Screw the RB committee, save cap money, get another pick, and draft B.Robinson as the featured back. He has size and speed, and makes a nice target for any QB.....Thoughts?
NOPE, there are some talented young RBs that can be had for A LOT less than a 1st rd pick.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
no way they do a sign and trade. This isnt baseball. Pollard will be a free agent if they dont tag or sign him. Why would he possibly agree to let Dallas do his negotiations for him?

reddyuta

Reaction score
you guys are crazy,after what we went through with zeke where he held us in a hostage situation and forced us to resign him to a ridiculous contract but you want to go through that again.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m against paying RBs but I’m not against drafting them in the first.

Just use them for 5 years and get rid of them.

After year 3 if you can trade for a first then do it.

Had we just used Zeke for 5 years we’d be sitting pretty but the Jones’s still think football is played like it was in the 90s.
I'm a fan of this too, especially with a later 1st. The issue is getting handed a top 5 pick where you can land a top prospect at a premium position, or trade down to grab multiple premium picks.

If you're picking in the 20s though it's really not that bad plus you get a 5th year option. It's weird to me that some have the strict stance that pick 32 is a no go for a RB, but 33 is perfect?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would take him in a heartbeat where we are picking ....... This isn't like the 4th overall ..... This is a very late one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cut Zeke, Sign and Trade Pollard, Draft Bijan Robinson at 26​

Screw the RB committee, save cap money, get another pick, and draft B.Robinson as the featured back. He has size and speed, and makes a nice target for any QB.....Thoughts?
My thoughts are you should be prepared to go 0-3 on your wishes.

Zeke won't be cut (unless a unforeseen miracle happens), Pollard isn't getting traded (why would you trade an injured player when he value is the lowest???) and the Cowboys aren't drafting Robinson or any other RB at 26.

JayFord

Reaction score
So you are absolutely sure Robinson will be there at #26 and there isn't any other team interested in drafting him? Not very good logic. If someone takes him before #26, where does that leave you?
he wont be there at 26 and if this team trades up to get a RB even though I think Robinson will be excellent and have many great years i would be angry.....RB isnt the difference in us getting over the hump

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score

This will not go well for you but if he is still there on our pick, this will get interesting. Some mocks have the Ravens taking the USC WR.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That is too much draft capital to burn on a player you play to only keep 5 years.

1st round picks should be a 10-12 year franchise type player.
Why?

Do we have to resign LVE to a 5 year deal just because he was a 1st round pick? Did we screw up by letting Byron Jones walk? I get the logic you want quality players that can be around for a decade plus, but that isn't always realistic, especially picking in the 20s.

I'd rather go RB than reach and whiff on another Taco Charleton just because of an unwritten rule that you can't use one of the top 32 picks on a RB.

At 26 I think you play your board and take the best player. By this time in the draft the blue chip players are gone, and it's completely possible you don't even have a 1st round grade on anyone still available.

blueblood70

Reaction score
and if Bijon gone? lol nice plan until its not even available. do all that get nice RB in the 2nd or third get physical LG at 26

Shane612

Reaction score
No. That's what Jerry would do.
Cowboys need to target the best DT they can find.....or a badass LBer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why?

Do we have to resign LVE to a 5 year deal just because he was a 1st round pick? Did we screw up by letting Byron Jones walk? I get the logic you want quality players that can be around for a decade plus, but that isn't always realistic, especially picking in the 20s.

I'd rather go RB than reach and whiff on another Taco Charleton just because of an unwritten rule that you can't use one of the top 32 picks on a RB.

At 26 I think you play your board and take the best player. By this time in the draft the blue chip players are gone, and it's completely possible you don't even have a 1st round grade on anyone still available.
assuming..

you understand what blue chip means and you believe its only in the 1st and assuming BJ IS THERE at 26

YOU KNOW WHAT ASSuMING means LOL

dude plenty of starters, PBers, and HOF players COME FROM ROUNDS 2-7.. you dont consider Pollard blue chip? hes close , right? 4th rounder.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That is too much draft capital to burn on a player you play to only keep 5 years.

1st round picks should be a 10-12 year franchise type player.
Would Zeke have been worth it for 5 years?

We essentially only got 5 good years and the last 2 have just been him being a progress stopper to Pollard.

J12B

Reaction score
Robinson is really good but I hate taking RB in round 1.

If we were in top 15 I wouldn't like it either.

But #26 overall is good value for Robinson.

Doubt he's there when we pick though. He's being compared to Saquan who went #2 overall a few years ago.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
assuming..

you understand what blue chip means and you believe its only in the 1st and assuming BJ IS THERE at 26

YOU KNOW WHAT ASSuMING means LOL

dude plenty of starters, PBers, and HOF players COME FROM ROUNDS 2-7.. you dont consider Pollard blue chip? hes close , right? 4th rounder.
A blue chip prospect is one that is generally perceived as "cant miss" and tend to have more proven skills that translate right away than untapped developmental potential. By that definition you could consider Bijon blue chip, but that's up for debate. Coming out of the draft Pollard wasn't a blue chip prospect by any means, that's why he went 4th round, and had to build on his skillset and didnt see consistent playing time until the last couple years. Tom Brady wasn't a blue chip prospect in the draft either. He's now considered the goat by 90% of NFL fans, but also had a pretty lackluster 30-17 TD/INT college career.

Great player from all positions come from all over and often times dont even get drafted, that's not the point. We are talking about the draft...typically you only have a couple blue chip prospects in the draft where you know they can plug right in with both high ceilings and high floors. Then you get into 1st round grades, 2nd round grades, and so on.

Maybe I'm completely missing your point here, I'm not super confident in what your argument actually is.

btcutter

Reaction score
Robinson is really good but I hate taking RB in round 1.
I don't understand the concern.
At 26 you have to let the draft fall to you. We need a PLAYMAKER. Robinson is one of the best in this draft that will have a BIG impact on our offense. Chances are he will be more productive and more impactful than any WRs in the 1st round during his first year.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a great target.
If we waste another 1st on a RB we're daft.

Zeke ring any bells?
Draft a QB!