News: CW: Kiper's new Top 25 board infers Cowboys may be reaching if they draft defense at No. 10

Hardline

Reaction score
Definitely not. At 10 you have the luxury of getting great talent and need. No way you blow it by drafting a te.
There is no greater talent than Pitts in this draft.
Unfortunately there is no elite defensive talent on defense.
Sucks I know but you have to accept it. The top 10 BPAs are all offense.
And I guess I'll have to say this for the thousandth time.....You don't draft for need unless your need lines up with BPA

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might be one of the worst defensive drafts I've ever seen on paper. That said, #10 is a good spot take a CB and its not like we have much choice. You can't roll into the season with Lewis and Brown starting and hope to compete.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This might be one of the worst defensive drafts I've ever seen on paper. That said, #10 is a good spot take a CB and its not like we have much choice. You can't roll into the season with Lewis and Brown starting and hope to compete.

I agree. I don’t think Surtain at 10 is a reach anyway. I think he is worth that pick. Depending on who else is available.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Can you show me any draft expert in the last 20 years who has not got “some wrong in every round in every draft”?

:facepalm:

No I can't and that's EXACTLY why I don't take what any of them say as any kind of gospel or something written in stone. Again if you like him or any "draft guru" fine but don't think that everyone has to.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But for the season ending injury, Jaylon Smith would have been a top five pick too, Dallas selected him in the second round and has never lived up to the hype.. Be careful with Pitts likely to end up being better than Lamb, you don't know that nor do I..
I think pitts will be better than lamb, he has better hands, is taller, higher reach, and was better at contested catches.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Drat the luck -- Kiper might have a worthy point here but there must be at least ONE defensive player worthy of our #10 first rounder! :omg:

But who? Nobody? You'd think out of all the candidates involved in the upcoming draft, there must be someone worthy of us drafting?! :huh:

As certain as the sun is going to rise in the sky during April, the odds of someone proving himself worthy of our pick would materialize.:thumbup:

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Plenty of quality CB's in the second round the same round they got Diggs.

If Pitts is there at #10 you have to take him.

If we had a quarterback that could hit a 4.4 tight end in stride, I would have to agree.......but since we don’t, I shan’t

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There is no greater talent than Pitts in this draft.
Unfortunately there is no elite defensive talent on defense.
Sucks I know but you have to accept it. The top 10 BPAs are all offense.
And I guess I'll have to say this for the thousandth time.....You don't draft for need unless your need lines up with BPA

not buying the rankings. Offense always gets over hyped. Especially pass catchers.

do love pitts. If he is there it’s perfect time to trade back. If they do draft him I won’t complain until we’re losing 41 to 40.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I watched that , and he looks like a wr to me. good hands.
Trask was impressive, his throws were pretty good.
not saying he will be great But Trask is being overlooked like Tb12 and you just never know we got dak in the 4th round..he might be the QB that falls through the cracks drops big time yet works out..i dont see huge difference in trask and Mac Jones yet ones being talked about as top 5 the others not being talked about at all..might be crazy of the DC see Trask still there say 3rd round maybe 4th, i doubt it, but take him as backup and start his slow transition to the nfl..:)

Motorola

Reaction score
not saying he will be great But Trask is being overlooked like Tb12 and you just never know we got dak in the 4th round..he might be the QB that falls through the cracks drops big time yet works out..i dont see huge difference in trask and Mac Jones yet ones being talked about as top 5 the others not being talked about at all..might be crazy of the DC see Trask still there say 3rd round maybe 4th, i doubt it, but take him as backup and start his slow transition to the nfl..:)
After the now very familiar top 5 QBs, Kyle Trask is listed next, followed by Kellen Mond, David Mills, Ian Book, Sam Ehlinger.

kumizi

Reaction score
Plenty of quality CB's in the second round the same round they got Diggs.

If Pitts is there at #10 you have to take him.
Diggs shows potential to be a starting corner. He was terrible as an actual starter last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Diggs shows potential to be a starting corner. He was terrible as an actual starter last year.
terrible umm no just a rook at cb was thrown to the wolves with nearly no pass rush or support , id say he showed more then potential and at least is ball hawk we need..

fans with their strong words..the defense was horrible hard to tell who played well or not but Wilson and diggs held their won on a horrible unit.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Pitts being better than
terrible umm no just a rook at cb was thrown to the wolves with nearly no pass rush or support , id say he showed more then potential and at least is ball hawk we need..

fans with their strong words..the defense was horrible hard to tell who played well or not but Wilson and diggs held their won on a horrible unit.

Awuzie just got a 3 year, $21 million contract and Diggs had a better season than Awuzie did. Awuzie is around an average starting NFL corner. Diggs was good with potential to be great.