News: CW: Stephen Jones downplays 'all in' talk and normalizes Cowboys 2024 offseason

Wildcat711

Reaction score
He didn’t even say “We’re going all in this year.” When he was talking ”all in” in regards to a question he meant signing his own top tier free agents. The Cowboys have never gone all in. Do you sacrifice 3 or 4 years of mediocrity after going all in for the chance to win the Super Bowl? Just for the chance? You can argue both sides of the question.
Absolutely YES.. I would put up with mediocrity for 3 or 4 years for the chance to win a SB... who wouldn't?

MikeT22

Reaction score
Anyone who thought this offseason would be any different than the last 28 hasn’t been paying attention. The Jones’s have zero intention of winning titles unless it can somehow be done cheaply
And with the Jones family in full control.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No we don't sacrifice 3 or 4 years of mediocrity for the chance to win a superbowl. Instead we mire in it for going on nearly 30 years without getting anywhere.

At this point I would just love to see them try something else. Succeed? Great. Fail? Oh well, at least they took a different approach and its not the definition of insanity. I don't see how anyone can defend the same old same old year after year regurgitation, no matter what they say about it.

2022-01-07-18-26-09-917-61d885c10c51c30c300710b3.jfif
You’re right, it’s more like 4-5 years at least. And that’s if you hit on drafting a QB.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
This dude is was worse than Jerry. He’s very arrogant and full of himself.
The only improvement he offers over Jerry is you don’t have to worry about him going “squirrel” mode and getting off track with the bs that is said. Stephen keeps it straight forward and arrogant. Jerry sometimes requires a translator to say essentially the same nonsense.

1942willys

Reaction score
You always notice the posters who are satisfied with the status quo
claim all in was not what was said
cry about the risk of going all in
whale about the so called mediocrity of the attempt of doing so might cause; or even worse

Those are the so called fans who are losers in life and want the boys to remain the losers they truly are

They are the ones who beat their chests about winning twelve games a season and brush off playoff failure year after year

If you are not tying your best to be the best you are a loser

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup. Stephen isn't dipping into his inheritance to fix this team any time soon.

LysleE

Reaction score
All is well…they’re evaluating team needs from a “holistic” standpoint…wonder how many times us fans will be hearing that buzz word…

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The question should be "all in" to what ????
It isnt building a championship team, with a winning culture, so maybe it is all in to selling fans and the spineless media more crap ?
The media is so scared of Jones they never ask hard questions that might offend someone!
That would be awful if someone were offended.

stiletto

Reaction score
It's amazing that people still take anything either of them say seriously. It's been obvious forever that they have NO CLUE what they are doing.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yes, we know you're not about to pay anybody to make this team better Stephen. Now, go enjoy your helicopter ride.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
LMAO, you guys believe whatever the idiots Jones tells you. Just blame the lazy choking players on Jerry and call it a day. Don't hold anybody to standards.

phildadon86

Reaction score
San Fran hit on Mr. Irrelevant. Philly, Detroit and LA all are losers in the eyes of you Cowboy haters.
LOL. Who said I hate the Cowboys.

I am just pointing out that those teams took less than 4 years to rebuild. Philly has won a SB, tore it down, and went to another in the same time this team hasnt been able to get to an NFCCG.

Stop saying people with critical thought are Cowboys haters. I love this team. Deeply. However. Jerry and his son dont care. As long as seats are full and they are in the news (Jerrys words) they DONT CARE!

And Mr. Irrelevant? Hes a part of a MACHINE. That team runs well top to bottom. Because they use FA, trades and the draft to build. Chase Young ( a deadline day deal) probably would have been SB MVP if Mahomes didnt Mahomes.