CW: Through Week 3, Cowboys WRs rank among worst in separation

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We only have one WR in the bottom 10 on that chart and it's the guy who just got THE BAG.

There are other teams doing much worse right now with this including SF. This is no excuse.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Same crap, same smell, just pull up an article from last season saying the same thing. Next thing you know, separation wasn't a big talking point anymore. Maybe McCarthy can change the plays like last season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We are predictable. Dak won’t roll out and. MM won’t call plays that has him rolling out. Use the TE more. Luepke does a great job. Use him. Spread the dang ball around.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another thread where these "men" will throw anyone under the bus to defend Dak.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Here we go again with this separation nonsense.

An accurate passer wouldn't need more than a yard of separation. Aka "NFL open". Aka "had a step on the defender".

Not to mention the timing involved. Slow decision making + slow release = closed window. Add poorly placed ball to that and you get what we got.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you double or bracket Lamb, who else does the defense have to fear? Certainly not the other receivers, none of whom have speed. Not the RBs. That leaves Ferguson. We are not a difficult team to defend if you have a good defense.
Bingo Chuck!
I mean this shouldn't surprise anyone. We only have one receiver with enough talent to separate but teams are taking him out and Cooks is nowhere near as good as we thought.

Blitzen

Reaction score
What’s this huge difference from last season? Same scheme, same receivers, 2 new offensive lineman, and the loss of a 4.0 YPC running back with 6 TDs over 17 games.

This band of nobodies are clearly forsaking the hall of fame talent, national treasure, and glory that is Dak Prescott (praise be to his name). I’m enjoying the almost daily trashing of the rest of the team by the way in new threads with different topics and the same mission. Paints a giant bullseye on your agenda.

quickccc

Reaction score
THAT DAMN stop route!!!!! We live off of that every single game like jeez throw it away do a stop and go or something make the defense think!!
That's all we do is run ..stop routes and comebacks ! .

I can see why McCarthy got flame roasted in GB for his stale, bland offense that does not evolve.

If you closely observe the more imaginative passing schemes you can see those..vs what these stale coaches do here...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What’s this huge difference from last season? Same scheme, same receivers, 2 new offensive lineman, and the loss of a 4.0 YPC running back with 6 TDs over 17 games.

This band of nobodies are clearly forsaking the hall of fame talent, national treasure, and glory that is Dak Prescott (praise be to his name). I’m enjoying the almost daily trashing of the rest of the team by the way in new threads with different topics and the same mission. Paints a giant bullseye on your agenda.
Yeah, the Next Gen Stats folks have an agenda to cover for Dak!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

We all can clearly see who has an agenda.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The distance (in yards) measured between a WR/TE and the nearest defender at the time of catch or incompletion.
There’s a bogus stat, so 1.9 yards at he time of catch is bad, that’s wide open for an elite QB. The stat is very misleading and worthless. All those terrible WR and TE
It is only a bogus stat because it doesn't fit the narrative you want to believe. I don't even know how to argue with this type of nonsense. Your argument is that every WR is open all the time lol.

What metric do you use to evaluate if WRs are open or not? Your eye test? Please.

You should be embarrassed to think this way.

Brax

Reaction score
It is only a bogus stat because it doesn't fit the narrative you want to believe. I don't even know how to argue with this type of nonsense. Your argument is that every WR is open all the time lol.

What metric do you use to evaluate if WRs are open or not? Your eye test? Please.

You should be embarrassed to think this way.
2 yards isn’t open enough in the NFL, you should delete your post to avoid anymore embarrassment