CW: Through Week 3, Cowboys WRs rank among worst in separation

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
My post stands though. The OP is relentless in posting everything DP
thats fine…..but its very predictable

and I say that as someone who doesn't constantly rant about the QB…..positively or negatively

That's fine, but is this the hill to continue that fight on? WR separation is a pretty important indicator of how well your passing game is going to function. And WR's who can't separate make your QBs job much more difficult.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
What on earth does average targeted air yards have to do have to do with this discussion?

Furthermore, it specifies "all passing attempts that the receiver is the target". Let me say that again. That the receiver is the target. Thanks for proving my point.

Very clearly one of us can't read.
The point is that the site clarifies when the actual targeted receiver is part of the individual metric, which targeted air yards is. It does not specify that the target matters for separation, which it does not for separation. If it did, the stat would be "separation per target."

This isn't difficult.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The point is that the site clarifies when the actual targeted receiver is part of the individual metric, which targeted air yards is. It does not specify that the target matters for separation, which it does not for separation. If it did, the stat would be "separation per target."

This isn't difficult.
Ahh, but it does young Grasshopper.

"Average Separation (SEP)The distance (in yards) measured between a WR/TE and the nearest defender at the time of catch or incompletion."

Apparently it is difficult, for some.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Always
always
always

a thread that directly or indirectly props up Dak

never fails
Absolutely ridiculous.

Plug in any other QB, the results of separation from this group of receivers would still be the same. This has absolutely nothing to do with Dak or any other QB. These stats are taken on the receivers, their route running and their ability/inability to get separation from their defender.

Now you, the rest of the clueless Dak hating posters and some of the anti-Dak mods can look stupid and hopefully get a clue before you continue with your absolutely ridiculous rants trying to make this about Dak or attacking me as if this was an intentionally created thread to supposedly make Dak look good.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's fine, but is this the hill to continue that fight on? WR separation is a pretty important indicator of how well your passing game is going to function. And WR's who can't separate make your QBs job much more difficult.
They know this, but their anti-Dak personal agenda does not allow them to keep this simply about our receivers (which this thread and OP article is about).