News: CW: Twitter reacts to Mike Zimmer's return to Cowboys as new DC

pitt33

Reaction score
Honestly, I think that was a big factor in the decision.

I am not saying it was good or bad, but Jerry has a history of tunnel-visioning specific problems and focusing on solving those as the priority, which has led to other reliable areas declining.
Exactly what happens when you don’t have a bonafide NFL GM.

Reactionary decision making year in year out.

Zman5

Reaction score
Not saying it's a great pick or a bad pick.

Just asking, "if he's top shelf, why is he available after all the other 31 teams and colleges have picked defensive coordinators?

Just looking for sane, non hyperbolic answers........so Jerry's Kids can let the others field this one.
Ok Mickey. Don't you have a podcast to do or something?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My only real negative reaction to this selection is just that I would have preferred for us to do something other than the expected. Zimmer might do a great job in his second turn here, but it seems more like rinse and repeat than any kind of fresh take.

I would expect fans to be critical no matter what, though. If it was a young guy like Durde or Marquand Manuel, it would be what have they showed? We just hired another Jason Garrett (QB coach to offensive coordinator)! Etc.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
I wouldn't say bad but there's a reason he doesn't have a job. It's my understanding he tried to get his former GM with the Titans fired. Lost the power struggle and his job. It appears he's been blackballed a bit......I mean no GM is hiring a guy they think may come after their job.
Wouldn't that be crazy if he came here and got our GM fired. (LoL)

TooTallEddie

Reaction score
I think we'll like what Zimmer lays on the table. He knows what he's doing.

Quinn was successful at Atlanta when his OC was named Kyle Shanahan, but his teams went 7-9 twice after Shanahan left. He did some good things at Dallas with this backward hat enthusiasm, but not when it really counted.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to this hiring. We need some toughness in this organization and we need a coach that will stay on the players and not like them turn into 'da hot boyz'.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I'm mixed about Zimmer. One of his goals need to include better tackling during training camp. It was worse than horrible if there is such a thing.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
What did you think was better about Vrabel?

From what I’ve seen here at the Zone, it wasn’t really anything on the field but more about perception and image (and the fact that he wasn’t interviewed) that made him a bit of a pet cat choice.

Do you like the “idea” of Vrabel or did he have results that you think make him a great choice?

Zimmer is every bit as no nonsense and tough as Vrabel. He also, like it or not, has a similar rep for being a bit difficult.

Defensive performance it’s not really close. Lots of data earlier in the thread to support that.
I love the idea that Zimmer is difficult. He needs to do away with this country club atmosphere that’s been instilled for the past couple decades. DQ had his player‘s respect but I have a feeling MZ will be a bit of a hard%&@ and his players will not only respect him but also fear getting their @#$ handed to them if they mess up. Sometimes fear is a good motivator if used within good measure.

nobody

Reaction score
I love the idea that Zimmer is difficult. He needs to do away with this country club atmosphere that’s been instilled for the past couple decades. DQ had his player‘s respect but I have a feeling MZ will be a bit of a hard%&@ and his players will not only respect him but also fear getting their @#$ handed to them if they mess up. Sometimes fear is a good motivator if used within good measure.
Getting rid of the country club atmosphere would be nice, but you'd need to get rid of Jerry for that to happen.