News: CW: Twitter reacts to Mike Zimmer's return to Cowboys as new DC

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not if Vrabel was really interested.
Vrabel had 3 interviews and 4 teams didn't even bother to interview him............that should tell you something. In fact, the latest word is he was willing to take a DC job but still had no buyers.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not saying it's a great pick or a bad pick.

Just asking, "if he's top shelf, why is he available after all the other 31 teams and colleges have picked defensive coordinators?

Just looking for sane, non hyperbolic answers........so Jerry's Kids can let the others field this one.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Vrabel had 3 interviews and 4 teams didn't even bother to interview him............that should tell you something. In fact, the latest word is he was willing to take a DC job but still had no buyers.
So you think Vrabel is a bad coach?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So the Shanahan tree success is how Jerry is going to con the fans lol.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So you think Vrabel is a bad coach?
I wouldn't say bad but there's a reason he doesn't have a job. It's my understanding he tried to get his former GM with the Titans fired. Lost the power struggle and his job. It appears he's been blackballed a bit......I mean no GM is hiring a guy they think may come after their job.

bigE79

Reaction score
Zimmer isn't one who loves a lot of flex, but he instead prefers his players to excel in the position they've been living in for most of their football career.
Hint: It's likely flexbacker Markquese Bell, as one example, returns to the safeties room.

That is from this article.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mike-zimmer-expected-to-become-cowboys-dc

So I like it from the point of, we may get some real LB's in here. FA's and the draft.

I was hoping for a young up and comer type DC. But would anyone come here for what may be only a year.
So they settled for Zimmer. I guess I am ok with it. Can't complain, but not over joyed either.
I do hate that term position flex,it's another way of the saying jack of all trades and master of none..we need more masters and less jacks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Feel free to post the tweets you agree with from the article in this thread :D
look for me I don't care what the article says I don't care what zimmer's done in the past I don't care what queen is done before or after what I care about is results so I'm gonna call myself indifferent and the results come December we'll have an idea whether this is a good or bad move... Opinions are just opinions nobody knows what's really gonna happen hopefully have a really solid draft pick up some good free agents shake up the roster enough on defense to get enough players for what Zimmer might want to do this year..

But from what I've read the dude likes to run multiples he can run any of the standard 3-4/4-3 or zone vs man etc etc other times he brings heavy pressure other times he does not. ..​
it seems to me mike zimmer's not stuck in any one scheme and can design something to fit what we have here in players.​

Kwyn

Reaction score
So the Shanahan tree success is how Jerry is going to con the fans lol.
What does conning the fans have to do with anything?

Do you *not* want a DC who has proven effectiveness against one of the top offensive schemes in the league and one that has beat our pants off repeatedly?

Also, do you think Jerry sent out all those tweets or created all those stats?

bigE79

Reaction score
All kidding aside, Jerry surely could have done much worse here.

Will be interesting to see what immediate impact he has on personnel. Another thing about him, he values good safety play and has had some great ones over the years including Harrison Smith in Minny.
And Woody and Roy here

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They certainly are going to draft and sign some defensive players.
Signing 1 guy and "winning the draft" by signing the highest rated defenders from experts won't mean a thing. They need 3 new productive defenders with leadership. I don't care about any rookie they draft