D still wins championships

kskboys

Reaction score
We watched a D win that game and should have been the MVP, just like the Giants D against the 18-0 Pats. The GOAT ain't so great getting his butt clobbered and he wouldn't have been last might if the Chiefs had played him instead of his receivers.

We watched the D, Booger watched a showdown between Brady and Mahomes, the stars.
I'd prolly give the MVP to Suh.

kskboys

Reaction score
I actually will argue differently. Yes, having Brady helps, but they don't beat Green Bay or KC without their defence. That's why they won the title. Brady didn't exactly play great against the Packers. His defence was a huge reason why they won. The defence made a mockery of the Chiefs offense like the Legion of Boom did to the Broncos. The conclusion I took from the game is that we need to make our defence at least competent.
It's the disruptive front.

If we go out and draft more CB's, it'll simply show that we still don't get it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's the disruptive front.

If we go out and draft more CB's, it'll simply show that we still don't get it.

I agree. We have to build our trenches on Def just as we built our oline. That's the quickest way back to the top.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Overall great play by the defense. Suh and Pierre are a force that set the tone for the game. Mahomes never got comfortable, and his third and fourth receiving options never exploited the single coverage.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Overall great play by the defense. Suh and Pierre are a force that set the tone for the game. Mahomes never got comfortable, and his third and fourth receiving options never exploited the single coverage.

Bingo! Would be nice if we had a great def capable of that.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s a good defense.. I’m not denying that. But if Dallas had that defense it’s not getting us anywhere different.

If they trotted Winston out this year then nothing changes for them..

Elite QBs are what change standards and win titles.

If you don’t have one then you better sink your other resources into the entire team and build something like San Fran had last year.
If we had Tampa’s defense in 2020, we would’ve won 4 or 5 more games! That D and next year’s O would win even more! IMHO.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree. We have to build our trenches on Def just as we built our oline. That's the quickest way back to the top.
Until we build the D trenches, nothing else we do is going to matter all that much. And the monstrous problem is that Jerry has ignored them for so long, we have a long way to go. At least Galley looks like a player.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Until we build the D trenches, nothing else we do is going to matter all that much. And the monstrous problem is that Jerry has ignored them for so long, we have a long way to go. At least Galley looks like a player.

Gallimore did look great. Now we need someone to complement him. And better Lb play.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Basically, and I sadly suspect that Jerry may not learn from this game like he should.
Doesn't fit his plans. And I only fault his plans as far as what the team accomplishes on the field.

His plans for ratings and revenue are rock solid. Most football fans are follow the ball and he caters to that.

In the last 20 years, how many O stars have the Cowboys had while amassing a .500 record? 10? How many many D stars? 1

During that period of time Booger has had the most profitable team in the league, a string of sellouts, been in the top 5 of merch sales and seen the value of his franchise double to 6B.

He has his team flexed out of prime time to the early game and that is the most watched early game on CBS all season with a losing team playing a losing team and without his star QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Doesn't fit his plans. And I only fault his plans as far as what the team accomplishes on the field.

His plans for ratings and revenue are rock solid. Most football fans are follow the ball and he caters to that.

In the last 20 years, how many O stars have the Cowboys had while amassing a .500 record? 10? How many many D stars? 1

During that period of time Booger has had the most profitable team in the league, a string of sellouts, been in the top 5 of merch sales and seen the value of his franchise double to 6B.

He has his team flexed out of prime time to the early game and that is the most watched early game on CBS all season with a losing team playing a losing team and without his star QB.

Well, exactly, and DT doesn't generate jersey sales like WR does.

75boyz

Reaction score
TAMPA wasn't going to be denied. Forget the missing tackles..lol just stop. It was such a complete arse whoopin.

Oh, I agree. Although the absence of Mahommes' starting olinemen played a role in the loss, I still think Tampa would have won as well.
My real point was to this year's version of Dallas's O line tackles and their impact on winning/losing.

I am not a big believer in the Jones hope strategy of assuming Smith's and Collins full return to perfect health after surgeries.

So while everyone else is screaming defense, defense my opinion is that Philbin needs a better back up plan than Steele and Knight.

No worries. Just my opinion.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm sure the FO will address defense this off-season. Now, whether or not they go about it the right way is anybody's guess, but I feel like they know they have a major problem on that side of the ball. Started with the firing of coaches.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s a good defense.. I’m not denying that. But if Dallas had that defense it’s not getting us anywhere different.

If they trotted Winston out this year then nothing changes for them..

Elite QBs are what change standards and win titles.

If you don’t have one then you better sink your other resources into the entire team and build something like San Fran had last year.

Just asking, is Garapolo, an elite QB?