D.Ware being Misused?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1123028 said:
:cool: Freeney? Jason Taylor??

Those are certainly good, undersized 4-3 Ends. I'm not certain what they are asked to do, down in and down out, in their respective schemes.

I'm just saying that's Parcells opinion. He believes Abraham has been misused as a 4-3 End and Ware's body type is almost identical to Abraham. FWIW, I would say Freeney is thicker and shorter and Freeney is taller and rangier than Ware.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1123029 said:
He isn't bashing the player... he is bashing the way he is being used... ala the coaching staff...

u got any tissues?:cool:

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
LatinMind;1123030 said:
abraham has been a injur case from the get go..

what about burgess in oakland, freeney in indy, jason williams in miami..before age got a hold of him..

it can be done..besides..have u seen ware's bottom half of his body? the guy has gotten alot bigger from last yr..he's at what 265?

i would much rather have ware rushing the passer every down, then him wasting his skills in coverage..thats just me tho..

we like to complain about no turnovers or sacks..but when somebody mentions ware at de..the pack comes out and tries to argue every reason in the book about why its a bad idea..

cant have it both ways..dallas really needs pressure, wether its a 4-3.or a natural 3-4..something needs to be done about the lack of pressure

I certainly do not dispute your argument that we need pressure. We've struggled with getting pressure for so long it's almost become synonymous with the Cowboys, like the hole in the roof.

I have to believe it's a scheme/philosophy issue as much as a talent issue since we've seen so many players come and go and the problem remains the same.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1123015 said:
Burnett is better in coverage... no one is gonna argue that...
Not going to either, Burnett has come on very strong since last year, and I'm glad we have him. Kinda think Carpenter is going thru the same thing and hope he comes on next year like Burnett has this year.
However, this thread is about Ware, and as a DE from a small college now to a 3/4 LBer at Dallas, he not only has made the transition, but is also not a one trick pony. Which bodes well for many years to come...

Reaction score
kiheikiwi;1123038 said:
Not going to either, Burnett has come on very strong since last year, and I'm glad we have him. Kinda think Carpenter is going thru the same thing and hope he comes on next year like Burnett has this year.
However, this thread is about Ware, and as a DE from a small college now to a 3/4 LBer at Dallas, he not only has made the transition, but is also not a one trick pony. Which bodes well for many years to come...

of course it does... Ware being able to do all those things is wonderful... but, how many sacks does he have? How many could he have if the scheme allowed it? How many of those deep TDs could be limited with more pressure on the QB? How does pressure effect the game??? Ask Bledsoe... he'll tell you...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He actually gets to rush the passer a bit more than Ellis as teams seem to like to go to 3 WR's and put their slot WR on Ellis' side to make Ellis line up out wide. Problem is that it allows teams to easily double Ware. I've charted only 4 games this year (JAX, WAS, PHI, and NYG), but it seems like we are best off when we rush 5 pass rushers as the stats are pretty excellent against the pass in that situation. Teams can have an answer for Canty, Spears, and Ferguson when they go back to pass, but Ellis AND Ware give them problems.

In order to rush 5, they'll probably have to give one of the safeties more coverage responsibility or bring Aaron Glenn in and take out one of the safeties. I'm interested in how Coleman starting will affect the defense. But given that this is his first start and they are facing Steve Smith, I don't think they'll change their ways on defense too much on Sunday.

YAKUZA

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1123037 said:
I certainly do not dispute your argument that we need pressure. We've struggled with getting pressure for so long it's almost become synonymous with the Cowboys, like the hole in the roof.

I have to believe it's a scheme/philosophy issue as much as a talent issue since we've seen so many players come and go and the problem remains the same.

thats what im saying that the scheme is the issue..but i guess this place is so stuck on trying to defend everything little thing in dallas these days that any mention of a player automatically gets said its "player bashing"

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
LatinMind;1123020 said:
lol i dont think u got the concept of the thread..im not saying ware cant do this or do that..what im saying is IMO i think ware is being restricted with this scheme..

i think some people should read and comprehend the thread before they go out and post in it

Thats funny. I think some people should comprehend football before they post meaningless drivel on this board. :rolleyes:

The thread you've started isn't comprehensive in itself. How could I not be able to comprehend a subject thats been discussed ad nauseam on this board. You're funny...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1123043 said:
of course it does... Ware being able to do all those things is wonderful... but, how many sacks does he have? How many could he have if the scheme allowed it? How many of those deep TDs could be limited with more pressure on the QB? How does pressure effect the game??? Ask Bledsoe... he'll tell you...

i guess anything parcells does is justified..because of his 1985 championship ring

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
tomson75;1123047 said:
Thats funny. I think some people should comprehend football beofre they post meaningless drivel on this board. :rolleyes:

The thread you've started isn't comprehensive in itself. How could I not be able to comprehend a subject thats been discussed ad nauseam on this board. You're funny...

but yet u joined in with your psychobabble..go figure

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LatinMind;1123050 said:
i guess anything parcells does is justified..because of his 1985 championship ring
Who said that?

Trolling isn't a good idea.

Reaction score
tomson75;1123047 said:
Thats funny. I think some people should comprehend football before they post meaningless drivel on this board. :rolleyes:

how is wanting Ware to be used more as a pressure player equate to not understanding football?

Hostile;1123055 said:
Who said that?

Trolling isn't a good idea.

I think it's a valid question... why can't they use Ware more as a pass rusher?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
LatinMind;1122987 said:
i guess ur not seeing ware being more of a liability in coverage..i guess thats why they bring burnett in more for coverage..see where im going here?

ware just doesnt look like a lb'er..

Ware looks very much like a 3-4 linebacker, and if you think he's been a liability in coverage this season, you haven't been watching closely. For the most part, he has been excellent in all three phases of the game this season -- run defense, pass defense and rushing the passer.

Reaction score
JPM;1123064 said:
DE in the 4-3, different position than Ware.

Yes, but it relates to the suggestion that Ware can't play DE because he is too small and would be injury prone at that position... Freeney and Taylor are both small DEs and do not have a history of injuries...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1123070 said:
Ware looks very much like a 3-4 linebacker, and if you think he's been a liability in coverage this season, you haven't been watching closely. For the most part, he has been excellent in all three phases of the game this season -- run defense, pass defense and rushing the passer.

obviously theres much to be desired by his coach if he's being replaced by burnett in passing situations..

theres nothing bad about wanting to see ware strictly with his hand on the ground..

like all the fans who swore not to cheer for TO, but now do..when ware would be terrorizing offensive tackles people would cheer..

and the biggest thing..dallas will actually have pressure on a qb for once

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1123070 said:
Do tell Adam. He says I must not know what a LB looks like.

Open a can if you feel like it. Focus it on me if you want so he can't object. Prove it.

:wink2:

Reaction score
here is my problem with this... BP said he doesn't think Ware is a catlyst... he doesn't think he is a pressure player... I think he is wrong...