D.Ware being Misused?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
LatinMind;1123076 said:
obviously theres much to be desired by his coach if he's being replaced by burnett in passing situations..

theres nothing bad about wanting to see ware strictly with his hand on the ground..

like all the fans who swore not to cheer for TO, but now do..when ware would be terrorizing offensive tackles people would cheer..

and the biggest thing..dallas will actually have pressure on a qb for once

Could it be that Ware is being replaced at times to take some of the wear and tear off him and give him some rest and not because he isn't as good as another player at a particular phase of the game?

At Parcells PCs that's what he says is going on...but what does he know? :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1123102 said:
Could it be that Ware is being replaced at times to take some of the wear and tear off him and give him some rest and not because he isn't as good as another player at a particular phase of the game?

No it can't be that. We need to pay attention to the author who has never earned a dollar playing or coaching the game. School's in session. Shhh.

Reaction score

How to put a .500 team on the field with the Cowboys, so far... might it be that Parcells is going about things the wrong way in some cases? I personally think he is with Ware... He hold faith in Ellis... lets him rush quite a bit... but, Ellis always seems just on the cusp of getting there... yet, he holds Ware back?? Why not the other way around? Let the beast loose...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
LatinMind;1123076 said:
obviously theres much to be desired by his coach if he's being replaced by burnett in passing situations.

Ware isn't "replaced" in passing situations. He either stays at his same position in the 3-4 or his position disappears in the 4-2-5 when he moves to end. If Burnett comes in, he replaces Ayodele, not Ware.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score

When has Ware ever not been on the field, except in garbage time? I can't recall it ever happening this season.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1123120 said:
Ware isn't "replaced" in passing situations. He either stays at his same position in the 3-4 or his position disappears in the 4-2-5 when he moves to end. If Burnett comes in, he replaces Ayodele, not Ware.

True, but Parcells has been saying that he's got to get Ware and Ellis off the field more often so they can be stay effective.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
How is Ware not being properly used as an OLB...

I think Ware was one of the better ones on Monday night

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Zaxor;1123144 said:
How is Ware not being properly used as an OLB...

I think Ware was one of the better ones on Monday night

That's a great sig pic.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
i agree we were better suited to draft someone else, i.e. a playmaker or an o lineman than to get ware if we werent going to use him right...shoot we had al s who can stop the run and cover the pass...also have burnett too...could have used both of them and had a serious LG or RT in there right now that would have blown people out...maybe bledsoe would still be in there too

JPM

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1123072 said:
Yes, but it relates to the suggestion that Ware can't play DE because he is too small and would be injury prone at that position... Freeney and Taylor are both small DEs and do not have a history of injuries...

So you want to scrap the 3-4 ??

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1123058 said:
I think it's a valid question... why can't they use Ware more as a pass rusher?

probably because teams are going 3-wide alot so that Ware has to cover, since they know that he's the only real good pressure player at LB

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think BP said its best the other day in his PC. He said the Ware is a fulltime player... he really doesnt get relieved and BP is trying to get those players ready(to relieve him and Elllis).... what you are looking for from Ware is what you would get from a specialty player that doesnt play fulltime.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
zrinkill;1123443 said:
Wow ...... another ******** post from The Answer/Latinmind.

The sad thing is...I miss the 3rd person stuff. At least it made it interesting to read.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
tomson75;1123447 said:
The sad thing is...I miss the 3rd person stuff. At least it made it interesting to read.

That Bob Dole guy took over that gimmick ....... at least when he remembers to use it.

odog422

Reaction score
Hostile;1123027 said:
A liability in coverage? Are you serious? He has sniffed out screens several times this year and made plays. Tell me when you've seen a successful screen to the right side of our defense this year.

Know what you're talking about before you start another meaningless thread to bash one of our players. Is that too much to ask?

Either that or know what a LB looks like I guess, because you haven't got a clue in this case.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1123128 said:
True, but Parcells has been saying that he's got to get Ware and Ellis off the field more often so they can be stay effective.

I've never heard him say that about Ware. When do you think you heard him say that?

Reaction score
JPM;1123316 said:
So you want to scrap the 3-4 ??

Nope, not saying that at all... I just think it is silly to say someone can't do something when it has never even been tried... he is a good player... good players are good in any scheme... and the fact that he isn't being used toward his strengths tends to make me believe he IS being used in the wrong fashion...

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1123322 said:
probably because teams are going 3-wide alot so that Ware has to cover, since they know that he's the only real good pressure player at LB

well, they are getting beat deep playing it they way they are often by good teams... why not try something new... you think a pass rush would help?