Daboll: Daniel Jones will be the guy for the Giants

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone say drafting a QB in the first round or even in the top 5 is a guarantee.
Point is you have a far better chance drafting a high rated QB than waiting til day 3 or later.
It’s not a hard concept that goes back to picking teams on the playground.
No one has ever said drafting a QB in the first round guarantees success but some act like it does. Your best chance of landing a franchise QB is in the top 10 but it’s still probably less than 50% you will. For every first round QB that succeeds there’s at least 2 or 3 that don’t. When you miss on a QB in the first round it sets you a lot further back than if you miss on a QB later in the draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's lying season. The Giants can't go into a season with a 2 time neck injury and last year acl knee of Jones, Drew Lock and Tommy Devito as their QB room.

I dont believe GM Joe Schoen or HC Daboll would trust their future employment to such uncertainty at the QB position.

My bet is they either trade up to #4 for Daniels/McCarthy or stand pat at #6 and draft Daniels/McCarthy if Minnesota doesn't try to jump them to #4.

jmo
I think the Giants will draft a QB, but not in the first round. Williams, Daniels and Maye are probably going 1,2,3. There's only McCarthy. The Giants can just sit at 6 and probably get McCarthy if the Vikings don't trade up for him. I doubt they are interested in that QB at 6. I think they're going OL or WR, maybe take Penix or Bo in the 2nd.

What would be Arizona's motivation? You know they want Harrison. Trading back two spots just gives that WR to the Chargers.

Flamma

Reaction score
If that's true, then the Giants will be last place. So no worries there
Who would they get anyway, McCarthy? Anyone afraid of him? The Giants let their best weapon on offense walk. They'll be picking in the top 10 again next year.

Motorola

Reaction score
She was on Big Brother (2013), Elissa Slater. (I googled it)
Save for a few shows ( < a half-dozen) i've long been gone watching TV on nighty \ weekly basis (other than documentaries and sports) for the since the 21st came into existence.

Went to Google to her images posted - She looks so phony and unattractive (lip augmentation really bad).

Last edited:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one has ever said drafting a QB in the first round guarantees success but some act like it does. Your best chance of landing a franchise QB is in the top 10 but it’s still probably less than 50% you will. For every first round QB that succeeds there’s at least 2 or 3 that don’t. When you miss on a QB in the first round it sets you a lot further back than if you miss on a QB later in the draft.
Missing on any player in the first sets you back. By your logic here, may as well trade out of the first every year so you don't miss and set the team back.

Havic

Reaction score
Giants would be smart to trade back into the 1st late if Pennix is still around, or maybe Nix falls them to them in the 2nd

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Missing on any player in the first sets you back. By your logic here, may as well trade out of the first every year so you don't miss and set the team back.
Missing on a first round QB sets you further back. It’s a lot easier plugging a hole at another position you missed on with a first round pick. We missed with Taco and Mazi in the first round but continued to win. You’re not winning when you miss on a first round QB.

75boyz

Reaction score
Same. Could go with McCarthy or trade up to #3 with NE if one of the two QBs the Pats like are gone.
Yeah Cardinals at #4 and Chargers at 5 are the trading partners.
Minnesota recently got a 2nd 1st rd pick
They've got the 11th and 23rd pick right now.
All the rumor draft activity I've been following has NE staying pat at #3 and taking McCarthy or Maye.

Chicago is a given with Williams at #1.
Washington said to be highly interested in Daniels at #2. As Kingbury's preference in skill set like he had at Arizona with Murray.

NE shipped out Mac Jones for a reason. They're drafting his replacement. One of either Maye or McCarthy at #3.
That leaves the Giants and Vikes to offer trades to get to whomever is left from Maye or McCarthy because the Cards and Chargers are both leaning towards receivers.

My speculation draft opinion on the first 4 picks..

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Giants will 100% lose out on Williams, Maye, and Daniels. JJ McCarthy has a crap ton of momentum as well, so they are quickly looking short on QB options.

I think Penix would be worth the Giants' #7 pick. They would almost assuredly be leaving a mega-stud like Joe Alt or Nabers on the board, but I think you could still justify drafting Penix over those guys. The Giants have one of football's best LTs starting for them already, and how much did that help when Tommy DeVito was at QB? The positional value of QBs is so high there that a middle-of-the-pack passer has at least as much impact as a Pro Bowler starting anywhere else.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
As long as daboll is HC it doesnt matter who the qb is or who the RB is.
Jones imo is a good qb, he has had crap coaches his entire time there. the one playoff year was due mostly to jones getting them there.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Missing on a first round QB sets you further back. It’s a lot easier plugging a hole at another position you missed on with a first round pick. We missed with Taco and Mazi in the first round but continued to win. You’re not winning when you miss on a first round QB.
Then draft another one until you find one. Staying stuck in the mode we're in you never have a shot at a top talent and the current guy isn't good enough to get you anywhere.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Better than setting you back 30 years.

It just always amazes me how so many seem so afraid of missing on a first round QB that they don’t want to risk hitting on one.

And it’s not like other positions cant bust in the first either. Just look at Mazi last year. And in 2012 trading our 1st and 2nd for Claibourne. It was said back then that Bobby Wagner would’ve been our 2nd round pick if we hadn’t traded.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah Cardinals at #4 and Chargers at 5 are the trading partners.
Minnesota recently got a 2nd 1st rd pick
They've got the 11th and 23rd pick right now.
All the rumor draft activity I've been following has NE staying pat at #3 and taking McCarthy or Maye.

Chicago is a given with Williams at #1.
Washington said to be highly interested in Daniels at #2. As Kingbury's preference in skill set like he had at Arizona with Murray.

NE shipped out Mac Jones for a reason. They're drafting his replacement. One of either Maye or McCarthy at #3.
That leaves the Giants and Vikes to offer trades to get to whomever is left from Maye or McCarthy because the Cards and Chargers are both leaning towards receivers.

My speculation draft opinion on the first 4 picks..
Yeah Minny is definitely trying to position themselves for a trade up. I’m surprised to see McCarthy go from a borderline 1st to a possible top 5 pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's true, then the Giants will be last place. So no worries there
As I posted in a few other threads. Even without much happening and the players we lost.
as of now Dallas may be 3rd in the division based on the off season for now.

As no way NYG passed us.

Washington at least closed the gap. And Philly stayed the same.
There is a fine line as to 1, 2 or 3. But right now I say we are 3rd.

Remains to be seen from the draft or when Dallas does sign any FA”s. Not that there are really any difference makers left. Unless we get lucky.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then draft another one until you find one. Staying stuck in the mode we're in you never have a shot at a top talent and the current guy isn't good enough to get you anywhere.
A number of teams are doing that and it can take years of wasted draft picks trying to find one. Just look at Washington and the Jets.

75boyz

Reaction score
I think the Giants will draft a QB, but not in the first round. Williams, Daniels and Maye are probably going 1,2,3. There's only McCarthy. The Giants can just sit at 6 and probably get McCarthy if the Vikings don't trade up for him. I doubt they are interested in that QB at 6. I think they're going OL or WR, maybe take Penix or Bo in the 2nd.

What would be Arizona's motivation? You know they want Harrison. Trading back two spots just gives that WR to the Chargers.
Yeah, I don't know how much the Giants like McCarthy along with not knowing how much Minnesota likes McCarthy.
It probably would be between those 2 competing to have sweeter draft pots to move up to #4 IF they both like McCarthy that is.

Penix had those serious injury issues at Indiana prior to getting to Washington. But that guy can spin it. He's a stronger armed Tua as a lefty.

I am on the fence with Nix as I mainly watch SEC college games, and he definitely stunk it up while at Auburn prior to getting to Oregon. So I'm a little leery on his caliber of competition performance.

jmo