Daily reminder that this league is rigged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Teams are averaging about 1 holding call per game this season, and the majority of those are on run plays. The league is going out of its way to protect QBs. I don't think it's a Micah or Cowboys thing, it's an NFL problem. Garrett, Watt all those guys are getting very few holding calls in their favor as well. Now whether that's right or wrong is up for discussion, but it does seem to be a consistent thing throughout the entire league that holding penalties are simply not being called often.
Yet let the Cowboys put together an explosive run play and you can make book that there will be a flag. Witness the hold on Dak's long run against Miami.. or the one that brought back a nice 25 yarder for Rico in a game earlier this year.. They got McKeon on a long Pollard run in a game as well. It just keeps happening. The fact of the matter is the refs have it within their power to affect the outcome of the game with one call at a key moment. They can call the entire game fairly and wait until just the right time to stick to a team, usually the Cowboys, and change the outcome of the game dramatically.

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
Why would anyone watch the NFL or waste time on websites like this if they feel it's orchestrated and predetermined?
Pretty sure everyone watched Game of Thrones and kept their forums busy even though it was orchestrated and predetermined. Welcome to the modern world. Where the NFL is no different than any script other than it’s written by lying cowards. Still entertaining

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sure everyone watched Game of Thrones and kept their forums busy even though it was orchestrated and predetermined. Welcome to the modern world. Where the NFL is no different than any script other than it’s written by lying cowards. Still entertaining
So you watch the NFL like it's a scripted TV show and not a competition?

Do you really think the NFL is no different than the Game of Thrones and it would have the same popularity if fans believed that?

If so, what would the NFL have to lose by publicly saying it is scripted and predetermined?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Just ran these numbers on Zack Martin.

Zack Martin has had consecutive stretches of no holding calls for this many quarters during his career:

181 quarters (45 games!)
118 quarters (29 games)
120 quarters (30 games)

That's a stretch of 2 holds in 104 games, or almost 6 and a half seasons for those of you keeping score at home. How is that humanly possible? He's currently on a 37 quarter streak. 1 less than Parsons. If the above is not odd, yet Parsons is, how do you reconcile that? Martin has pics of all the ref crews doing naughty things I guess, right? Lol.

SHHHHHH..... this is an emotionally based discussion.

Facts have no place here and won't be tolerated. You should know better.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Still only 3. Gotta work up to it I guess.

6 and a half years with 2 holding calls on an OL: nah, not unusual
38 quarters for a top pass rusher just like other top pass rushers during the same period: anomaly! Must be malfeasance!

So to ask you a second time: were you one of those that stated it was fishy that the Philly OL didn't have many holds called on them when we have Martin doing the same thing for longer? Diversion you say?
you have to use more emojis when you respond to him.

that makes your argument more effective and your points more damning. Just trying to help out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It doesn’t take much to look at this game from an objective standpoint and tell how corrupt this league is against the Cowboys. There will be people who tell me I’m crazy for thinking this but those people are indenial! The refs and the league are in cahoots and are sabotaging the Cowboys at every turn. Roger Goodell is a pos and the refs are too. Good on Micah for calling out this bs. Dak and Mike McCarthy should too. We are fighting other teams, the refs and the league itself. Oh I hate it!!
If you believe that crap stop watching the NFL. :thumbup:

Zman5

Reaction score
Martin rarely gets called for holding and IIRC Tyrone Smith doesn't get many holding calls either and both have been part of the OL group past 10 seasons. Yet we were ranked #1 in getting offensive holding calls four times, ranked #3 two times, #7 and #10 once in that time span. That's 6 out of 10 seasons we ranked in the top 3 getting called for offensive holding.

We've had muliple HC,OC,OL coaches. We've had multiple OLinemen, QBs and other Offensive players in that time span. It's not like we had terrible players either. Our OLine has been great to descent between 2014-2023, which means we've had good players. So how is it possible that we are always in the top 3 getting called for offensive holding when 2 out of the 5 Olinemen rarely get holding calls? Am I missing something?

Nav22

Reaction score
Still only 3. Gotta work up to it I guess.

6 and a half years with 2 holding calls on an OL: nah, not unusual
38 quarters for a top pass rusher just like other top pass rushers during the same period: anomaly! Must be malfeasance!

So to ask you a second time: were you one of those that stated it was fishy that the Philly OL didn't have many holds called on them when we have Martin doing the same thing for longer? Diversion you say?
No, I didn't mention anything about the number of holds against Philly.

There, I answered your question.

Now answer mine.

How did Mike McCarthy magically forget how to coach penalties THE SECOND he got to Dallas?

Here's where his teams have ranked in penalties since he won the Super Bowl in 2010 with Green Bay.

WITH GREEN BAY
2010: 3rd
2011: T-1st
2012: T-18th
2013: 8th
2014: 7th
2015: T-14th
2016: T-9th
2017: 8th
2018: T-14th

WITH DALLAS
2020: 22nd
2021: 32nd
2022: T-24th
2023: 31st

Kwyn

Reaction score
It doesn’t take much to look at this game from an objective standpoint and tell how corrupt this league is against the Cowboys. There will be people who tell me I’m crazy for thinking this but those people are indenial! The refs and the league are in cahoots and are sabotaging the Cowboys at every turn. Roger Goodell is a pos and the refs are too. Good on Micah for calling out this bs. Dak and Mike McCarthy should too. We are fighting other teams, the refs and the league itself. Oh I hate it!!
Stop it. This is jus outrageous nonsense.

Our board is better than this.

Hell, seems like a clickbait title

Wait, I fell for it

Still, shame!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it isnt against just the cowboys, it is against any team they want to lose that weekend.
some times they may want to just have them lose a little, and sometimes it may be about the over under, point spread etc.

lopey

Reaction score
So why do you watch.

sideon

Reaction score
Micah is held on every play!!!
So is Nick Bosa. Saying there's a league wide conspiracy against your team is the final sign of a bad team. It's easier to blame the league for the Cowboys failures over the last 2 decades, than to just admit that they're just a popular version of every bottom ranked team in the NFL. Honestly what's the difference between the Cowboys & the Browns over the last 20 years success wise?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe they are keeping it exciting or keeping the point spread. I don’t think it’s just against Cowboys, although they are probably the most viewed team. So maybe that has something to do with it.

Parsons is not helping his case. But no one can say he is wrong. Some of these are really bad. If they called even half of them then these players would quit holding him and his sacks and pressures would double.

If someone like brady would have complained then maybe something would be done. But look at mahomes going nuts and complaining after a game and everyone looked past it. And the refs were in the right for the call. It made the papers that he threw a fit for a day and moved on. Parsons questions a ref during a game because he is allowed 2 steps and only used one before hitting a qb and then calls them out after the game for a blatant choke hold not called and people get unraveled.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Watch the worm turn now and Dallas pulls it off. Just in time for the Netflix special.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So what does the NFL achieve by derailing the Cowboys? Surely, on a financial basis (tv viewing figures alone) isnt it in their interest to get us to the SB?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So what does the NFL achieve by derailing the Cowboys? Surely, on a financial basis (tv viewing figures alone) isnt it in their interest to get us to the SB?
Nope.. The Super Bowl and the playoffs sell themselves. The NFL does not need the Cowboys for those. It needs the Cowboys for the mid afternoon games when people have other stuff going on. Or for some of the early games when the West Coast aint even awake yet. The NFL needs the Cowboys to be relevant for times when there is viable competition for eyes on the telly. They do not need the Cowboys to win a championship.. and the head Ratscum in charge and his ex-Eagles lieutenant (VP of football operations Troy Vincent) will see to it that it never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.