Daily reminder that this league is rigged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooksey

Reaction score
The #1 pressure defense in the league can't get a holding call because it's subjective?

It's Subjective, not reviewable and there's 300M on the line each week through Vegas apps who are now sponsoring the NFL,
plus there's heavily promoted Fantasy Football bets, not to mention game incentives/ contracts for players.
This is above and beyond the Cowboy fan frustration of 27 years of no NFC championship and extraordinary calls against us at key times.

You're blaming and mocking the Zoners, fans, bettors and players? That's odd, what's in it for you?

Blame the league and their process and SHUT IT. You sound like a clown

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Call it what you want. It's true.

So you would poke your fingers into bloody palms to believe it?

But I digress.

What kind of evidence do you need? The NFL to show you their emails, phone calls? Project Veritas to infiltrate?

I am not saying there is some grand scheme to "rig" NFL. But I do believe almost every human endeavor is subject to human error, power, and frankly, greed. Why...HOW...would the NFL be any different?

I still say Zeke suspension was a VERY suspicious act. You don't like him so that couldn't possibly be any significant evidence to you. Fine..whatever.

Multiple game stretches of no holding calls against opponents offense? How many other teams does that happen to? How many BLATANT missed holding penalties photos would it take?
Yeah, that’s not how that works.

If someone is making a claim to knowledge (ex. ref bias, conspiracy, agendas, et cetera) they have the burden of proof to demonstrate the validity of their claim.

Further, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Pointing to a bad call or appealing to some general notion of human frailty is not extraordinary evidence.

You know what would be extraordinary?

A referee or two coming out and admitting some sort of concerted and coordinated effort, providing names, dates, times, et cetera.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
NFL games can be manipulated a lot easier than the average fan thinks. Not even every official or every player needs to be "in on" it.

Think about how many times a crucial call "could" have been made and how many times a ticky-tack penalty HAS been called at the worse possible moment. Ever since Jerry Jones spoke out against Goodell and suggested he be removed from his post it's gotten worse.

How else can you explain why Micah Parsons has gone over nine games without drawing a hold? How else can CeeDee Lamb literally get pantsed in the endzone at Miami with no flag thrown? How can PRO officials miss so much? The answer is they aren't missing it. They are simply following orders not to call it because Goodell wants to show nobody messes with him.

And add this to the gambling aspect going on. Officials can call anything they want at any given time to either negate a play or allow a team a fresh set of downs.

I know it's easy to find conspiracy anywhere if you look hard enough, and sometimes it is just happenstance. But the fact it's been happening so often now to so many teams means something is going on. We can deny it all we want but the NFL now identifies itself as an entertainment industry.

And from a legal standpoint, in entertainment industries the outcomes CAN be controlled.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I can't believe some adults don't understand the concept of "burden of proof".....In what universe do you make a wild accusation then demand that somebody prove you wrong? My gosh adults are so disappointing..

Brooksey

Reaction score
A referee or two coming out and admitting some sort of concerted and coordinated effort, providing names, dates, times, et cetera.
Yeah like that's never happened before in Sports history. You're missing the point bud, it's not the fans fault for feeling like they do.
You can't have subjective and non-reviewable calls with Hundreds of Millions on the line weekly, with the betting Apps sponsoring the league etc and not expect this.

The league is responsible, stop blaming the fans. Especially Cowboy fans, it sounds foolish.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I can't believe some adults don't understand the concept of "burden of proof".....In what universe do you make a wild accusation then demand that somebody prove you wrong? My gosh adults are so disappointing..
Unless someone in the NFL comes out and blows the whistle on games being fixed, there will be no proof one way or another.

So yes, this is all speculation. But the reality of it now is there is more reasons to believe games are being manipulated; and the reasons to suspect it are growing by the week.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s not how that works.

If someone is making a claim to knowledge (ex. ref bias, conspiracy, agendas, et cetera) they have the burden of proof to demonstrate the validity of their claim.

Pointing to a bad call or appealing to some general notion of human frailty is not extraordinary evidence.

I guess my response to this would be one simple question. Why? Why does there need to be some "black book" listing all the details before we can believe what our eyes are telling us? Remember when all the refs in the NBA came out and named names and dates and times before that one (Donaghy?) got sent up the river? Yeah me neither.. Yet we had all been watching the dude for years and could conclude for ourselves that he was dirty before the feds ever caught up to him. What about the one who has had a running feud with Chris Paul? Or the one who used to screw Tim Duncan every chance he got? We have eyes dude.. We can SEE that a lot of this stuff simply is not on the up and up. Remember Spygate? Goodell rushed to have those tapes destroyed before anybody could review them. Why do you suppose that was? What was he trying to cover up there? What would have been the harm in letting the world see the extent to which the Patriots had been cheating? Of course we all know the answer.. It probably would have exposed the whole farce is why. Eric Mangini was actually a pretty good coach. Has dude gotten another opportunity since he was with the Jets? Ever ask yourself why that is? Could it be because he almost blew the lid off the whole thing when he turned the Pats in for their sanctioned cheating? I mean I know he got exiled to Cleveland where he was gifted with Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace as his QBs but damn. By and large dude was never given another real opportunity to succeed after the whole Spygate mess.

The upshot of this is there is evidence all around that the NFL does people and teams dirty. Ask Colin Kaepernick. If you refuse to see it unless it's written in 3 inch letters in the New York Times.. well.. that's on you. to each his own.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I guess my response to this would be one simple question. Why? Why does there need to be some "black book" listing all the details before we can believe what our eyes are telling us? Remember when all the refs in the NBA came out and named names and dates and times before that one (Donaghy?) got sent up the river? Yeah me neither.. Yet we had all been watching the dude for years and could conclude for ourselves that he was dirty before the feds ever caught up to him. What about the one who has had a running feud with Chris Paul? Or the one who used to screw Tim Duncan every chance he got? We have eyes dude.. We can SEE that a lot of this stuff simply is not on the up and up. Remember Spygate? Goodell rushed to have those tapes destroyed before anybody could review them. Why do you suppose that was? What was he trying to cover up there? What would have been the harm in letting the world see the extent to which the Patriots had been cheating? Of course we all know the answer.. It probably would have exposed the whole farce is why. Eric Mangini was actually a pretty good coach. Has dude gotten another opportunity since he was with the Jets? Ever ask yourself why that is? Could it be because he almost blew the lid off the whole thing when he turned the Pats in for their sanctioned cheating? I mean I know he got exiled to Cleveland where he was gifted with Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace as his QBs but damn. By and large dude was never given another real opportunity to succeed after the whole Spygate mess.

The upshot of this is there is evidence all around that the NFL does people and teams dirty. Ask Colin Kaepernick. If you refuse to see it unless it's written in 3 inch letters in the New York Times.. well.. that's on you. to each his own.
Also kind of funny that in the same season as Spygate, the Patriots somehow lose the Super Bowl to a Giants team that really had no business being there to begin with.

Almost like the NFL used a Cinderella story to show that the cheating really didn't have any effect and it's time to sweep it under the rug and forget about it.......

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
How about Von Miller still playing? The league just whacked a Colts player immediately for the exact same thing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude...I understand the , that’s not how that works.

Dude...I fully understand "burden of proof".

The problem is you have ZERO credit in what constitutes proof. "pointing to A bad call"?" How about a dozen? How about ZERO calls for several games?

You made the claim that Dallas isn't an exception to these no calls.

So prove it.

Do what you demand of other people.

So you expect a GUILTY person to freely admit their guilt? What in the entire _____.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah like that's never happened before in Sports history. You're missing the point bud, it's not the fans fault for feeling like they do.
You can't have subjective and non-reviewable calls with Hundreds of Millions on the line weekly, with the betting Apps sponsoring the league etc and not expect this.

The league is responsible, stop blaming the fans. Especially Cowboy fans, it sounds foolish.
In almost every case...either follow the money...or the exploitative power.

Scams are EVERYWHERE...from politics to priests to business to mainstream media to technology to music and entertainment industry to gambling etc etc. .EVERYWHERE!

But SOMEHOW....the NFL is immune.

Really? Who ARE these people that say that? I don't mean names...i mean who ARE they?

They are either very stupid or straight up lying just to have fun on the internet. Or both.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
It doesn’t take much to look at this game from an objective standpoint and tell how corrupt this league is against the Cowboys. There will be people who tell me I’m crazy for thinking this but those people are indenial! The refs and the league are in cahoots and are sabotaging the Cowboys at every turn. Roger Goodell is a pos and the refs are too. Good on Micah for calling out this bs. Dak and Mike McCarthy should too. We are fighting other teams, the refs and the league itself. Oh I hate it!!

It doesn’t take much to look at this game from an objective standpoint and tell how corrupt this league is against the Cowboys. There will be people who tell me I’m crazy for thinking this but those people are indenial! The refs and the league are in cahoots and are sabotaging the Cowboys at every turn. Roger Goodell is a pos and the refs are too. Good on Micah for calling out this bs. Dak and Mike McCarthy should too. We are fighting other teams, the refs and the league itself. Oh I hate it!!
It is not just Dallas. It is the league corrupt with gambling. Every game is flawed with the worst officiating in the history of the NFL getting worst and subjective every game.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Lol. You fear the boogeyman man, too?
I understand. You think the league does no wrong and the refs are saints. You choose to live in ignorance. I choose reality. I’m not crazy nor are the people who agree with me in this thread. We have the ability to think with an objective mind.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
There’s way too many moving pieces that all have to be on the same page to stop 1 team from winning.

A holding call here or there is not making a franchise fail for 3 decades running.
You mean, ‘Fail to go to an NFCCG or SB’. The Cowboys haven’t ‘failed’ for 30 years, just like they haven’t failed the past 3 years.

You SB or bust people make me laugh.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just because you can't prove does not mean it did not happen.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Let’s all admit the NFL is corrupt. The only opinions that would matter to the league are the opinions of people who are not fans, but people the league would like to be fans. If you’re an NFL fan, and you recognize the evidence the league is corrupt, and you remain a fan, it means you don’t care about the corruption. Why should the NFL care? We’re all going to remain fans, we’re all going to continue to buy Pepsi, Budweiser, and Ford pick up trucks. The point is, it apparently doesn’t matter. However the NFL manages its affairs, it is a wildly successful pro sports league.

EST_1986

Reaction score
It's possible, but I doubt very much that the "corruption" is as prolific as some are claiming and/or believing.

There may be a few refs who get a bug up their butts now and then, but I don't think they make premeditated decisions to screw over a particular team or player.
A few make Tim Donaghy look like an angel

coult44

Reaction score
This one is full of rip moves (Micah's past favorite move) which is a holding rule exception. There's a long list of them I think I posted in this thread where the rule says holding won't be called even if it puts the OL in the position of holding. Gotta know these rules if you're gonna claim to know what holding is. Micah himself seems iffy on that knowledge with posting that still shot of a play that was absolutely not holding when you run the video. But keep running the video! Gotta go, more later.
Funny, every analyst, broadcaster, nfl player, and nfl coach must be wrong and not know what holding is. Perhaps you should go teach a class to all of them. And do you think the refs have enough time to watch every player and what move they performed .

I’m honestly not trying to sound douchey. But seriously everyone is saying the same thing. They all can’t be wrong.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Just ran these numbers on Zack Martin.

Zack Martin has had consecutive stretches of no holding calls for this many quarters during his career:

181 quarters (45 games!)
118 quarters (29 games)
120 quarters (30 games)

That's a stretch of 2 holds in 104 games, or almost 6 and a half seasons for those of you keeping score at home. How is that humanly possible? He's currently on a 37 quarter streak. 1 less than Parsons. If the above is not odd, yet Parsons is, how do you reconcile that? Martin has pics of all the ref crews doing naughty things I guess, right? Lol.
Plenty of video of Parsons getting held and no call. You got any video of Zach Martin holding and the refs not calling it? Don’t think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.