Daily reminder that this league is rigged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, we're not in the same camp.

Extraordinary claims (concerted league wide agenda, ref bias, etc.) require extraordinary evidence.

Example: Me claiming my train should arrive at a given destination by 4:30p because the train schedule shows the estimated time of arrival IS NOT the same as saying "the space aliens that run the train station will ensure that I'll arrive on schedule because they don't want to raise alarms with the humans that something is awry."

It's not my, or anyone else's job to try and prove that space aliens are not running the train station, or treat the person making the claim like we're on operating on the same level.
and by the same token, just because you want to believe aliens don't exist, doesn't mean they don't.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
and by the same token, just because you want to believe aliens don't exist, doesn't mean they don't.
Not the same token.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I’m open-minded to believing in a conspiracy if someone can actually forward credible evidence.

But thanks for sharing your barstool logic.

coult44

Reaction score
Those aren't victim statements. Those are opinions.

And opinions shared by a lot of people on this forum by the way. Myself included

Do you think we're as good as we were in the 90s? If you do, then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona that you should look at. I'll make you a great deal

Do you have as much fire and enthusiasm for this team after watching this parade of mediocrity for near on 30 years? If you do, good for you but it doesn't make you a victim to lose a bit of fire and interest after having your dick knocked in the dirt for 3 decades. Jerry is a top notch owner. He's a far lesser GM. He's responsible for this and pointing out the obvious doesn't make one a victim.

Now, if he said "Jerry has stolen my joy in life and I feel like I should be financially compensated for my internal suffering" then yes, that's a victim. Show me where he said that and I'll agree with you

But stating the obvious about the condition of this franchise isn't victimhood. It's just honest. And accurate
The way I decipher a lot of these statements is typical of most people nowadays. It’s an entitled, “I deserve” better mentality.

Like I’ve told you before. Unless you’ve spent more than a little time once a week watching a game on TV, and like us, some more time in a chat room discussing opinions about the team, you really don’t deserve anything. Nobody is forcing you to give up your time. Why should Jerry and the Cowboys be concerned with the opinions from people who are non-paying customers.
Now on the other hand, if you’re a “paying” customer, you have a significantly more valid right to complain about the service you’re paying for. But even then, some would argue that the entertainment you’re buying could easily be sold to someone else if you don’t want it. Nobody is forcing you to keep allowing Jerry to rub “your D*** in the dirt”.

I’m as unhappy about the three decade long losing streak as any of you. But I’m not going to spend hours every day trying to prove to other Cowboys fans how stupid they are for not being as depressed and miserable as I Am. Or in this case , as y’all are.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Fans of every team state similar things when their team loses.
This is the crux of these charades entirely. When one can't accept something, someone else has to be to blame for this "wrong" they call fate. Because as you see when children in the family get into trouble, it's always "Not my babies! Nuh uh!" Lol.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You're disputing it.. YOU provide the evidence. There are 121 refs in the NFL right now.. Go look them up and report back where they all grew up.
Georgetown CT. They have a club there.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The way I decipher a lot of these statements is typical of most people nowadays. It’s an entitled, “I deserve” better mentality.

Like I’ve told you before. Unless you’ve spent more than a little time once a week watching a game on TV, and like us, some more time in a chat room discussing opinions about the team, you really don’t deserve anything. Nobody is forcing you to give up your time. Why should Jerry and the Cowboys be concerned with the opinions from people who are non-paying customers.
Now on the other hand, if you’re a “paying” customer, you have a significantly more valid right to complain about the service you’re paying for. But even then, some would argue that the entertainment you’re buying could easily be sold to someone else if you don’t want it. Nobody is forcing you to keep allowing Jerry to rub “your D*** in the dirt”.

I’m as unhappy about the three decade long losing streak as any of you. But I’m not going to spend hours every day trying to prove to other Cowboys fans how stupid they are for not being as depressed and miserable as I Am. Or in this case , as y’all are.
I dont think you're stupid and I don't know enough about your posting history to have an opinion on whether or not you're miserable

I do happen to disagree with you that MC has a victim mentality. Simple as that

MarcusRock

Reaction score
To be fair, you can see Parsons being held at least once in every game. Do the refs see it, or think it would have affected the play? I don't know. Maybe he should pirouette, like Eagles (?) DLs did against us, to draw the call.
I hear it's every play, actually. But until I see tapes that prove it, not still shots, I still maintain that people just don't know what a hold is or when it does or doesn't actually apply, even if a hold does take place. Even in that thread with 10 alleged examples of missed holding, none of them were actual holds on Parsons by my account. Even the one Parsons shopped around on Twitter of himself in a still shot wasn't even close to a hold in live action.

So apparently Micah has drawn 3 holding penalties this year (Crosby and TJ Watt have 7). Does anyone actually even know how many holding calls Micah has drawn in previous years to show that this year in particular is an outlier or is everyone just seeing the number of quarters, seeing others outraged and just tidal wave outraging in response? Those are numbers I have not seen. Sounds eerily similar to that Tweet that said Dallas pass rushers haven't gotten a holding call in 8 games, everyone outraged, and no one asked just how rare a feat that was when after I looked, Detroit had a streak of one less game that very same season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not the same token.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I’m open-minded to believing in a conspiracy if someone can actually forward credible evidence.

But thanks for sharing your barstool logic.
Call it what you want. It's true.

So you would poke your fingers into bloody palms to believe it?

But I digress.

What kind of evidence do you need? The NFL to show you their emails, phone calls? Project Veritas to infiltrate?

I am not saying there is some grand scheme to "rig" NFL. But I do believe almost every human endeavor is subject to human error, power, and frankly, greed. Why...HOW...would the NFL be any different?

I still say Zeke suspension was a VERY suspicious act. You don't like him so that couldn't possibly be any significant evidence to you. Fine..whatever.

Multiple game stretches of no holding calls against opponents offense? How many other teams does that happen to? How many BLATANT missed holding penalties photos would it take?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear it's every play, actually. But until I see tapes that prove it, not still shots, I still maintain that people just don't know what a hold is or when it does or doesn't actually apply, even if a hold does take place. Even in that thread with 10 alleged examples of missed holding, none of them were actual holds on Parsons by my account. Even the one Parsons shopped around on Twitter of himself in a still shot wasn't even close to a hold in live action.

So apparently Micah has drawn 3 holding penalties this year (Crosby and TJ Watt have 7). Does anyone actually even know how many holding calls Micah has drawn in previous years to show that this year in particular is an outlier or is everyone just seeing the number of quarters, seeing others outraged and just tidal wave outraging in response? Those are numbers I have not seen. Sounds eerily similar to that Tweet that said Dallas pass rushers haven't gotten a holding call in 8 games, everyone outraged, and no one asked just how rare a feat that was when after I looked, Detroit had a streak of one less game that very same season.
What we need is a league average. How many holding calls per playewr, per series, per game. Get a large sample size and compare.

We also need the tapes to show what is actually be called as holding...not your personal interpretation. Then show them side by side.

coult44

Reaction score

Is this a hold?

coult44

Reaction score

How about this?

coult44

Reaction score

I can do this all day..

Starstruck22

Reaction score
It doesn’t take much to look at this game from an objective standpoint and tell how corrupt this league is against the Cowboys. There will be people who tell me I’m crazy for thinking this but those people are indenial! The refs and the league are in cahoots and are sabotaging the Cowboys at every turn. Roger Goodell is a pos and the refs are too. Good on Micah for calling out this bs. Dak and Mike McCarthy should too. We are fighting other teams, the refs and the league itself. Oh I hate it!!
The Micah stat of no holds for 45 quarters is probably the most obvious evidence of outright corruption. This is a virtual impossibility given the best pass rusher in the NFL and with hundreds of pics and videos showing he is being held and egregiously so. Goodell is a criminal and should be prosecuted for organized corruption. And seeing all of this does nothing? If he is not orchestrating it, he has to be aware what is happening to neuter Parsons. All criminal activty.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah, they're not fixing games, although they are manipulating the outcome.

You absolutely cannot get players involved.
Why not? This is the disconnect I brought up earlier in this (I think) thread. If you're going to go the matchfixing/influencing route because things involve tons of money, why wouldn't you make players offers? There's less of them to have to reach than multiple 7-ref crews whom you'd have to have on the same page. A QB gets fixing done for you easy peasy since he touches the ball every play. You just need 2 people per game to pay versus 7.

Here is where you peoples' advertised logic falls apart. You claim because people are greedy for money, the powers that be do nefarious things to keep it coming. So apparently they tab the refs to influence/fix games. Some of y'all also claim that players are money-hungry, brand-promoting divas who do things like ask for a new contract after just signing a big one (looking at you Zack Martin, getting called for holding 37 quarters ago - and you call yourself an All-Pro?). That makes players the perfect match for influencing/rigging games. If higher ups are corrupt due to money, how in the hell are players immune with those fans' attitudes towards them? They are somehow angels for whom this is beneath them? I mean, if you're gonna go 'spiracy, go full throttle and choose the shortest distance to get there.

And the reason people don't want to go there is what I stated above: "Not my babies! Oh hells no!" Money corrupting people knows no class, color, or culture, bro. When you think about it, it's brilliant. And because so may fans have a block towards their own players throwing games, it works! I'm not saying I think it goes on but just last season made me think. Remember Dak throwing that out against the Commanders that almost got pick-sixed and then the next down he runs the exact same play and it does get pick-sixed? I mean, who the hell does that? That and the '95 Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell (who should be going up on the Ring of Honor with Jimmy today) makes even me think about a few things.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Is this a hold?

Still shot, bro. Holding is a motion penalty. I saw this one live and it wasn't close to a hold. Same as the still shot against the Seahawks people paraded around. Both were laughable examples made to look more dastardly by a point in time. A hand on the shoulder of a WR is not PI either. Gotta see the motion.

coult44

Reaction score

MarcusRock

Reaction score
How about this?

I gotta run but this one I explained in another thread why it wasn't but the thread doesn't exist anymore so I can't copy and paste it. But if you read the wording of the rules and how paths are supposed to be impacted by action, that is my reasoning.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

This one is full of rip moves (Micah's past favorite move) which is a holding rule exception. There's a long list of them I think I posted in this thread where the rule says holding won't be called even if it puts the OL in the position of holding. Gotta know these rules if you're gonna claim to know what holding is. Micah himself seems iffy on that knowledge with posting that still shot of a play that was absolutely not holding when you run the video. But keep running the video! Gotta go, more later.

erod

Reaction score
It doesn’t take much to look at this game from an objective standpoint and tell how corrupt this league is against the Cowboys. There will be people who tell me I’m crazy for thinking this but those people are indenial! The refs and the league are in cahoots and are sabotaging the Cowboys at every turn. Roger Goodell is a pos and the refs are too. Good on Micah for calling out this bs. Dak and Mike McCarthy should too. We are fighting other teams, the refs and the league itself. Oh I hate it!!
Lol. You fear the boogeyman man, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.