Video: Dak’s contract will cripple the Cowboys

csirl

Reaction score
The draft is a crapshoot for every skill position...

But, I feel we are far better off investing that $42 mil a year in multiple positions than one average QB.
With the offense being built here, I would take Blake Bortles right now over paying Dak $42mil a year.
I would most definitely play Dalton over him at that price.

The right play calling, the right scheme, the right players, we can do more with that money.

:hammer:

John813

Reaction score
Holy hell, someone actually wants Blake Bortles here?
And as a starter?

jags.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Oh really, because the Giants played 14 other opponents last year and no other QB put up more numbers.

Kyler Murry (since you like rookies so much) did 104 yards with no TDs
Haskins 107 yards 3 ints | 133 yard at 2TDs (both meetings)
Tom Brady 334 yards 0TDs & a pick
Wentz 325 2 TDs | 289 1 TD

He also put up
397 3TDs against Minnesota which was a top 5 defense (highest yard total against them)
444 3TD against Detroit.

Ya'll making this too easy :cool:

Still a big yawn from me.

Step up against good teams.

14 of 30 TDs coming against 2 teams is a big red flag.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To state the obvious. If you dont draft a QB your odds of finding a franchise QB in the draft are zero. I'll take 50/50 over zero any day.

Yet you missed the obvious point that if you are able to retain your strong veteran QB you don't have to roll the dice on 50/50 odds or worse.

Aside from that, the 50/50 I mentioned still applied only to a high draft pick. If drafting mid to late 1st round, or later in the draft than that, the odds are well below 50/50.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Two teams that most other quarterbacks didn't even face to massage their stats against
lol, most QBs didn't even face? What the heck is that supposed to mean?

You know there is a set number of games in the NFL?

I swear. Some of you don't think before you speak.

dogberry

Reaction score
Given the current economic uncertainty combined with the possibility of restricted or no stadium revenue, the 2021 salary cap could take a breathtaking hit.

Wouldn’t be prudent to make large commitments.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Let Dak twist in the wind...

Roll with Andy if necessary..

Dak is delusional if he thinks he should get a cent more than $35M... Go play for some other crappy team, Dak - you fool...

If he'd pull his head out of his *** he'd see what guys like Aikman, Roger, and Tony were financially able to obtain as the Cowboys QB#1...

It's time to set the precedent that we're not going to give into these holdouts anymore. D-Law, Zeke, Dak.... Enough, Jerry - nip it in the bud..

Xeven

Reaction score
Dalton could take us all the way. Maybe Dak is better but Dalton is good enough with this coaching staff at the helm.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Oh really, because the Giants played 14 other opponents last year and no other QB put up more numbers.

Kyler Murry (since you like rookies so much) did 104 yards with no TDs
Haskins 107 yards 3 ints | 133 yard at 2TDs (both meetings)
Tom Brady 334 yards 0TDs & a pick
Wentz 325 2 TDs | 289 1 TD

He also put up
397 3TDs against Minnesota which was a top 5 defense (highest yard total against them)
444 3TD against Detroit.

Ya'll making this too easy :cool:
This is the inconsistency we talk about. What the heck happened against the Jets, Bills, Bears, Saints , Eagles

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Still a big yawn from me.

Step up against good teams.

14 of 30 TDs coming against 2 teams is a big red flag.

43% winning percentage against winning teams. Elite level record.

Any other dumb comments?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Name a QB who you think is consistent
Most have their ups and downs but Daks couldn't find any ups in those games. It all coincides with the defenses were harrassing him to the point where he couldn't get anything going. But that's the difference between average and very good.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Most have their ups and downs but Daks couldn't find any ups in those games. It all coincides with the defenses were harrowing him to the point where he couldn't get anything going. But that's the difference between average and very good.

Gotcha. So all QB have games where they struggle, but Dak is the only one it counts against.

I don't like making excuses, but he was injured in the Chicago, LA Rams, and 2nd Philly game.