Dak’s Own Words

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't give him any leeway for the calf injury. Quarterbacks play injured. No way a sore calf on the quarterback is shutting a team down for weeks. Skipping the bad teams along the way.
I agree with this, there were a lot of moving parts

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
For all the deniers that paste statistics without context to claim Dak wasn’t struggling or just lazily attribute his struggles directly to his calf injury to excuse his play…

From NFL.com

Dak's play sunk after a Week 6 calf injury, but his struggles ran deeper than the injury. "I wouldn't say it lingered as long as people gave me the excuse of it," Prescott said on The Rich Eisen Show during Super Bowl week. "I went through a period of time during the season where I just didn't play my best ball."

I used the stats after Week 6 in one thread and was still told there was no “slump” and that he was hot. Oh well

shabazz

Reaction score
I personally like the group that wants to blame Daks calf injury for his bad 2nd half season play even AFTER Dak admitted the injury had nothing to do with it…….

terra

Reaction score
That’s not going to happen, although many at least on this board would love to see him stink so they can continue to trash him.
were you not one that was claiming he was never in a slump? Sort of makes your opinion questionable....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So...in order to have a dak discussion, we have to trash the other players FIRST...then we can move on to Dak debates?
That's exactly the way some operate.

Also, we can't forget to bring up other QBs having bad games too. As if Wentz or Goff playing bad somehow excuses Dak playing bad.

I mean, remember the amount of bragging some did because Dak and the Cowboys lost better than Rodgers and Packers against the 49ers?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak just doesn’t trust his arm. He’s too turnover adverse. If the receiver is open he throws it. He doesn’t trust himself to throw the 50/50, back shoulder and tight window throws unless it’s too late. That’s why you see a different Dak in the fourth quarter when they are down. He has no choice but to try those types of throws.

This is exactly right. He has known since 2017 that he wasn't what he needed to be. He worked to improve himself & when things are going well around him, he can play well enough. But when things aren't perfect, he really struggles to get the ball out on time & on target because he knows he has flaws.
At the end of the day, QB play is largely confidence & being able to process information quickly & make a good decision. His ability to process information has always been 50\50 but his confidence is completely gone. Not a good combination.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He was struggling, but I still believe it had to do with the calf injury. His play before the injury and after the injury were starkly different. Sure, some of it may have been because of defensive adjustments, but he also just simply missed throws he was making before the injury.

His mechanics before the calf were the best they’ve ever been. When he came back, they went back to crap. He was back to jumping while throwing, raising his back foot, not getting set.

shabazz

Reaction score
His mechanics before the calf were the best they’ve ever been. When he came back, they went back to crap. He was back to jumping while throwing, raising his back foot, not getting set.

……and by his own words, continued to regress even after the injury was quickly and fully healed.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's accurate to say that the entire offense including players and coaches all sucked it up. The obsession to trash one player on this forum is lazy and tries to escape debate. There are "fans" here actually hopping the QB doesn't succeed.
As a Cowboys fan I want him to be the the best QB in the NFL.I route for him hard, but the fact of the matter is he just hasn’t performed like he should and anybody who says otherwise needs to take the blinders off.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah, this season was Dak playing great
Wait till he stinks

:facepalm::muttley:

it was a tale of two seasons. Played well the first half and then got punched in the mouth by the Broncos and he never got back to form. He did put up numbers against the Eagles 3rd stringers though but regained his lesser form against the Niners and was dispatched without a whimper.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dak just doesn’t trust his arm. He’s too turnover adverse. If the receiver is open he throws it. He doesn’t trust himself to throw the 50/50, back shoulder and tight window throws unless it’s too late. That’s why you see a different Dak in the fourth quarter when they are down. He has no choice but to try those types of throws.

Watching the Kurt Warner show really taught me a lot about this. Early in the season, he was confident and would throw it tight, but I think that was temporary. Dak is so risk adverse that he will just second guess a read for a split second and then it's over. So many times he just needs to let it rip but hesitates. It's frustrating; I mean I love protecting the ball, but sometimes the guy really is open and you have to throw it.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Watching the Kurt Warner show really taught me a lot about this. Early in the season, he was confident and would throw it tight, but I think that was temporary. Dak is so risk adverse that he will just second guess a read for a split second and then it's over. So many times he just needs to let it rip but hesitates. It's frustrating; I mean I love protecting the ball, but sometimes the guy really is open and you have to throw it.
Hammer meet nail.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak played for 4 years on a late 4th round salary. Yes he had endorsements but he made nothing playing football. He earned his money as it’s the going rate for QB’s.

My only problem with Dak is he’s risk adverse. He just won’t let it go and it’s frustrating. I also blame the coaches for trying to make him something he’s not.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As a Cowboys fan I want him to be the the best QB in the NFL.I route for him hard, but the fact of the matter is he just hasn’t performed like he should and anybody who says otherwise needs to take the blinders off.
Your opinion isn't fact. Expecting him to be the best QB in the NFL is one thing, not accepting him being around top 10 QB is the problem. "Like he should" is silly conjecture that varies. And all of this takes away from the point I made, which is par for the course around here.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defenses took away your strengths and left you "holding the football"

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Your opinion isn't fact. Expecting him to be the best QB in the NFL is one thing, not accepting him being around top 10 QB is the problem. "Like he should" is silly conjecture that varies. And all of this takes away from the point I made, which is par for the course around here.[/QUOTE
I don’t expect him to be great, I want him to be great because he’s the Dallas QB.He obviously has physical and mental deficiencies that limit him from being great.Just FYI, I ranked him 8th on my QB list.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no reason to twist what I said, the entire idea is illustrated with my first sentence.
I'm not twisting. I am replying to your WHOLE comment not just part of it. So Dak is the only guy that gets "trashed" eh?

1st off...as the QB, alleged bona fide "leader", certainly defacto leader...it's only natural that he bears the brunt of criticism.

And certainly other players/coaches/owner have had their fair share. "Zeke is fat".....never saw that one? Zeke gets his share! Remember Jaylon? How about Jerry himself? "Fat Mike"....good name for our coach...not disrespectful at all.

I stand by my comment. In order to satisfy you....we need to first go through the whole trash list, then once that is done we can talk about and assess Dak.

Then you make up this "hoping Dak doesn;t succeed"...is pretty silly. As if they would not be happy with a Super Bowl or even deep playoff run? Ridiculous. Even Mountaineer gave Dak credit early in the season. It would be more fair to say they "don;t think THE COWBOYS succeed with Dak".