Dak’s Potential Comptetion Candidate?

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/21/report-broncos-expected-to-shop-trevor-siemian/

I know allot of you wants someone in here that can possibly challenge Dak in training camp. This maybe your best hope.
LOL! Have you informed the Jones' that Siemien will be competing with Dak?

You guys are killing me! The way you BBQ Prescott who is off to a record start to his career, I cannot even imagine the handfulls of suicide pills you would swallow with a mouse like Siemien lining up every sunday for us!

J817

Reaction score
LOL! Have you informed the Jones' that Siemien will be competing with Dak?

You guys are killing me! The way you BBQ Prescott who is off to a record start to his career, I cannot even imagine the handfulls of suicide pills you would swallow with a mouse like Siemien lining up every sunday for us!

For the record, this was never meant to be a bash Prescott thread. I for one don’t believe Prescott needs his own Steve Walsh to be successful. He needs a good team and good coaching to achieve success. Something I fear he will never get the opportunity to to have here. On another team maybe, but not here. Now, there are those who believe competition may cure the woes we all witnessed last season. They want to bring in a veteran QB to push the young QB. Well my OP imo will be the only opportunity for that. Jerry isn’t going to break the bank on a veteran QB some of these posters are clamoring for. Trevor is a veteran still on his rookie contract so......

Last edited:

J817

Reaction score
Sanchez.. lmao did you guys see him plays his last downs here. He looked awful. I think he gained more yards going backwards than forward.. Sanchez... lmao

Sanchez was Prescott’s mentor in 2016. He was the one Dak credits for helping him take the reins when Pro Bowler Romo went down. For that fact he should have never been let go. If anything Jerry and company should have been on the phone trying to convince him to be the QB coach instead of the guy who was on the sideline during the poor play from Dak we witnessed last year.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Moore knows Scott's system and is a very intelligent QB. I'm pretty sure I read that Dak wanted him... butt fumble all the credit due.. lmao..

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

dfense

Reaction score
Romo being a prolific passer has nothing to do with whether Dak can or cannot be a quality starter in the league. Once he finished developing.
I know, but it was amusing. The two passes in Dak's Raiders highlight video were very good passes. The second one cleared the linebacker underneath and was accurate. Passes we need to see a lot more of on a consistent basis.

But then 4 minutes of the same type passes, one after the other as if they were just routine. I didn't know weather to laugh or cry.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Rush is his competition folks. Did you not think he felt a little uncomfortable when Rush was lighting up the preseason? It's human nature that he did.

Dude, we've seen SO MANY qbs light it up in the preseason.

If Rush ever sees regular season action and shows success, then sure...but he's not a viable solution to push Dak. Get him some real competition and may the best man win.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure Trevor is even better than Rush.

We still really don't know a lot about Rush, but at this point my guess is Trevor may be a better player cimply because we have seen him have at least some success, just not consistently. But that's just a guess since we haven't had the opportunity to see Rush. For me the idea of having Seimian isn't altogether a bad one as long as he is viewed as a veteran backup, but I wouldn't trade for him, and I don't understand anyone thinking of him as competition for the starting role. Why would we want to turn the reins over to a guy that has already proven that he isn't starting material instead of giving Dak one more year?

erod

Reaction score
In 2016 he completed 68% of his passes and threw for 3700 yards.
That’s a lot of checkdowns isn’t it?

Facts are a funny thing aren’t they?

LOL, you honestly think the "facts" support Dak's case? The entire league disagrees with you.

The Cowboys couldn't get a 3rd-round pick for him at this point.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I’d be more interested in a mid round pick in the draft.

But if we could pick this kid up for basically nothing I’d be ok with it.

5 or 6 QB expected to go in 1st round.

Just about every year the "draft experts" predict that anywhere from 4 - 6 QB's will go in the first round like last season and how many actually went in the 1st round? THREE. If I had a dollar for every player one of these draft gurus said would go where they said they would go but didn't I could have retired years ago.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If we need to bring in Trevor Siemian to push Dak then we are in bigger trouble than anyone of us like to admit.

Dak hasn’t been around long enough to require a push.
He is aware of the pressure to succeed. This whole notion of a 3 rd year QB somehow improving because he is being pushed is just disguised Dak hate from people that either don’t get it or do get it and just want to make a statement that Dak sucks.

I see zero evidence that a Daks struggles were from lack of being pushed which means lack of caring or effort.
If they want to help Dak then they would do what the eagles did with Foles and what the rams did with Goff...ask him to do what he does well.

LOL ....... not sure how you push 3rd-year player still developing. Especially if we still trying to find his floor AND ceiling.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I just laugh at some of these suggestions. From giving up draft pick(s) for Siemian who in 2 season has 1 more win that Prescott had just for 2016, to signing Sanchez when the vikings release him - often injured QB, to one person even suggested Manziel, the funniest of them all. Before those that are looking to replace Prescott get to carried away just remember there was a 40% change in the offensive line between 2016 and 2017 and including the games Smith missed there was a 60% change. Elliott was lost for 6 games, the Cowboys "#1" receive when he wasn't throwing temper tantrums on the field And sidelines he was dropping passes or a new wrinkle this season fumbling the ball. The defense which in 2016 was number 1 against the rush dropped down to 19th and lost Lee for 5 full games plus 2 other games he left before half time. Yet there are people that want to place all of the Cowboys woes on Prescott. News flash - this is a team sport and it takes every position to play good on all of the snaps for teams to be successful. Yes I know no team does that but the good teams play well on the vast majority of snaps.