Dak, “We don’t need a 1 WR”

Cmac

Reaction score
That's real funny......so funny we're about to watch a team disintegrate right before our eyes, again and soon Kellen will be the HC.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Anyone remember this quote from a few years ago? It still holds true.
"I don't know if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver," Prescott said via Pro Football Talk. "It's about getting the ball out, spreading the ball around, keeping the defense on its toes."

This is what has been drilled into Daks head since he came into the NFL. This is our style of football. From JG, to KM, and now from Big Mike. Spreading the ball around is all Dak can do. Distributing the ball to 10 different guys is why it doesn't make since to pay any WR big money in Dallas. Get ready guys, because if we still have the same philosophy in a couple of years, CeeDee will walk also. I love Coop, but he’s better off now to spend the rest of his career someplace where he is allowed to dominate at a WR1.

Leader!
Cowboys on three...not four.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Let’s see, why did the Cowboys see the need to go get Cooper in the first place? Someone remind me.

Oh that’s right, it’s because they actually tried this slop and it was an abject disaster.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The cowboys done NEED a #1 receiver. The issue I have is they traded their #1 receiver because they have to pay the second best RB on the roster.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Anyone remember this quote from a few years ago? It still holds true.
"I don't know if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver," Prescott said via Pro Football Talk. "It's about getting the ball out, spreading the ball around, keeping the defense on its toes.".

Prescott said this in 2018.

You know, the season where we went into it thinking we could win with a disgusting mess of Gallup, Beasley, Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson.

We even actually envisioned Tavon Austin as a "Lance Dunbar-type" to finish off the vaunted attack.

Then we had to trade for Cooper to salvage the season.

I do not think that many QBs are smart enough to entrust that level of input.

Win a Super Bowl? Then start dictating what talent comes in and out.

That is part of the issue. We actually let our QB decide what needs to be done.

That should not happen.

Even Hall of Famer Troy Aikman thought drafting David LaFleur was a good idea.

kumizi

Reaction score
Not this BS narrative again. I remember when we hired Sanjay Lal and had no #1 WR. Blah blah Dak will spread the ball around. How did that work out?