Dak 1 yard short of tying Romo's single season franchise passing record; 2 yards shy of rec

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It was a weird ending. They were shamelessly running up the score and stat padding, leaving the starters in at the end for God knows why and then at the end when a little screen could have kept the clock moving and gotten the record... they take a knee.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
And just as worthless ...not a good stat for Dallas. Means they aren’t doing well.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak Prescott finished the 2019 season passing for 4,902 yards, just 1 yard shy of tying Tony Romo's 2012 single season franchise passing record of 4,903 yards.

Dak was only allowed to pass 1 more time (a 1 yard sideline dump to Tavon Austin) after 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The rest of the offensive plays were strictly running plays. Coincidence? I doubt it. Someone must have known Dak needed 1 more passing yard to tie Romo's 2012 franchise single season passing record, and a mere 2 passing yards shy of Dak breaking it.

It is shameful Dak was only allowed to pass the ball 1 time within the last 9 minutes of the game. He deserved a better opportunity to break the franchise single season passing record. He earned that opportunity this year.

So your saying the team doesn't give him discretion to change plays at the line of scrimmage? The one thing i respect Dak for this season is not trying to go for a team record in a meaningless game in a season where we weren't going to the playoffs. I don't like Dak as a QB but i have always said he is a very classy individual. He could have changed any play he wanted lost last 9 minutes to a pass if he wanted to. he may not have know he was a couple of yards away but he knew he was close with the game he had

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't worry Dak there's a lot more Garbage in the world to be had....

source.gif
If by garbage you mean money? You're right! He's gonna be rich

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Not bad for a QB that the idiots on this board told us would never be the passer that Romo was. In Dak's 4th season, he matched Romo's BEST season ever. Given that Romo is apparently a God to some...and that Dak is a terrible QB to these same idiots...that has got to hurt.

Not bad at all.

Oh, and his contract price in fact went up. Should have signed to a Goff/Wentz contract this off season. Now it will cost the Cowboys a cool $30 million plus.

Rofl, not even close.

Let me know if dak is in the MVP conversation. How many votes for MVP he gonna get? Is he #1 in QB rating?

Be realistic is you're gonna make stuff up.

Blue64

Reaction score
The final question was regarding the Romo record of which he was a single yard short.

He said a few things about when he found out it but his final statement was a very clear, genuine, and succinct “... I didn’t make the playoffs, I don’t deserve to break the record.”

:clap::clap::clap:
No you didn’t and you don’t... can’t blame you fully as it’s a team sport but Romo has far less « talent » than this crop of failures.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sorry but seeing Dak straight arm that DB to the freakin ground while running over people was far better than seeing him break one of Romos records that he could have easily broken . Romo on the other hand rarely ever ran past the line of scrimmage let alone be able to straight arm someone to the ground

Daks all around stats were better anyway more TDs half the Ints and 225 more rushing yrds with 3 rush TDs

But we all know he is a terrible QB because he threw a few balls off target last week while injured . I guess he needed to throw 8 more to the other teams to be as good a QB as Tony

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Not bad for a QB that the idiots on this board told us would never be the passer that Romo was. In Dak's 4th season, he matched Romo's BEST season ever. Given that Romo is apparently a God to some...and that Dak is a terrible QB to these same idiots...that has got to hurt.

Not bad at all.

Oh, and his contract price in fact went up. Should have signed to a Goff/Wentz contract this off season. Now it will cost the Cowboys a cool $30 million plus.

You know they were trying for a while to sign him, right? Around the same time as those guys. If it was up to Dallas he would of been locked up by now. It takes two to tango and well Prescott's agents were in no rush to get him locked unless the cowboys I assume caved on their demands

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
For sure never thought dak would throw for that much tbh.

Itll be very interesting to see if jerry tags or signs dak.

Tagging him and cooper alone takes over half the cap with 24 more holes to be filled.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
more to the point, Put Dak on that 12 team with no reliable running game, a shaky offensive line with a bad interior and see how that works out.....on the flip side of that Give romo this line and running game along with that group of wr.

Just throwing the numbers doesn't really mean much. The Opposing teams in 2012 game planned to stop Romo and Dez, Romo and Witten. The game plans for this current team are to stop the running game and make the qb beat them. There is a severe difference.
Really? Is that all you've got? Did you forget the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2014 seasons???

Romo had 52 more attempts in 2012 than Dak did this season. Give Dak those 52 extra attempts, and I bet he would have passed for over 5,200+ passing yards.

Last edited:

exciter

Reaction score
Dak Prescott finished the 2019 season passing for 4,902 yards, just 1 yard shy of tying Tony Romo's 2012 single season franchise passing record of 4,903 yards.

Dak was only allowed to pass 1 more time (a 1 yard sideline dump to Tavon Austin) after 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The rest of the offensive plays were strictly running plays. Coincidence? I doubt it. Someone must have known Dak needed 1 more passing yard to tie Romo's 2012 franchise single season passing record, and a mere 2 passing yards shy of Dak breaking it.

It is shameful Dak was only allowed to pass the ball 1 time within the last 9 minutes of the game. He deserved a better opportunity to break the franchise single season passing record. He earned that opportunity this year.
Except he threw for an incomplete on 3rd and 9 after the Austin screen!

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Rofl, not even close.

Let me know if dak is in the MVP conversation. How many votes for MVP he gonna get? Is he #1 in QB rating?

Be realistic is you're gonna make stuff up.

Here is one of the said "genius" moving the goal post again. Next time, "Oh so he can win one MVP...I bet he won't go to the HOF"!!!!!

Just stop. A QB that people of your ilk said would NEVER get to 4k in a season...almost got to 5k. Just be quiet and take your L.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't think he cares about Romo's meaningless records. They're both pretty much in the same boat anyways, a lot of stats and nothing to show for it. Hopefully this new Coaching staff will be enough to put the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game.

Romotil45

Reaction score

This is complete nonsense. NFL QB's have the authority to audible when they see the defensive alinement, Dak could have called an audibled. He didn't.