News: Dak 7: Prescott still motivated by QBs taken before him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak was a dual-threat QB that doesn't have great arm talent or the ability to read a defense. Did he expect to be taken in the 1st or 2nd round? He's a worse overall QB right now than he was in 2016 because he refuses to use his legs. I'd take 2016 Dak over 2021 Dak any day.

He's acting like he's Aaron Rodgers getting passed up in 2005. Get over yourself, Dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak was a dual-threat QB that doesn't have great arm talent or the ability to read a defense. Did he expect to be taken in the 1st or 2nd round? He's a worse overall QB right now than he was in 2016 because he refuses to use his legs. I'd take 2016 Dak over 2021 Dak any day.

He's acting like he's Aaron Rodgers getting passed up in 2005. Get over yourself, Dak.[/QUOTE]

:facepalm: Here we go...on queue (lol)

fivetwos

Reaction score

He's acting like he's Aaron Rodgers getting passed up in 2005. Get over yourself, Dak.
I agree, but they want him to be a pocket passer.

Jerry has his yes men in place to make exactly that happen.

And Jerry isn't involved anymore....lol.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe he should worry more that its his 7th year in the league, not like his 2nd or 3rd....his career will be over and he still will be motivated i guess. 7th year, and he has regressed. Not looking good at all, shame dumb and dumber hitched their wagon to this guy. But here we are. :(

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'd prefer he be motivated by trying to be better than Mahomes, Rodgers, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Stafford, and Brady instead of Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Hackenberg, Brissett, Kessler, and Cook.

But then again, we are talking about Dak Prescott here, and I can easily see him being satisfied and patting himself on the back with just having the best stats out of a very weak QB draft class.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats Dak, turns out the draft spot was dead on.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He's come a long way......glad to have him. Look no further than 8-10 looking for a new QB. Hell, THREE in our own division but that doesn't mean dilly do unless we take advantage......like now!

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-co...nfl-draft-still-motivates-cowboys-qb-prescott
'Dak 7': Dallas Cowboys' Prescott still motivated by QBs taken before him

Dak has always been motivated.
That is not the issue.
Reading the field quickly seems to be the issue.
They need a different offensive system to fit Dak.

Mannix

Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Early candidate for post of the week

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
There is so much that will be said here:

Why Brady comparison on how many went ahead ?
Motivating him to one playoff win?
Jerry wanted others
Maybe 4th rd was spot on?

:popcorn:
Dak can play at a high level, he has the abilities. He has proven that on the field.
His issue is consistency

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does he really think he should have been taken earlier based on his play at Miss St his senior year? He showed up on the Heisman list because of his legs and tried to be more of a complete QB in his senior season and I watched almost every game he played and he was all over the field and when he faced the better SECW defenses like AL, AU and LSU and he was boxed into the pocket and sprayed the ball all over the field. When they took his legs away, he was a not a QB worthy of as 1-2 day pick.

It's OK to use that as motivation internally but he should realize it was after he became a NFL player that he showed he had real value. And let's not forget, this is the first QB to have Aikman back off his, and a lot of NFL people, belief that accuracy can't be fixed in the NFL.

If he has a problem with being the 7th QB picked, maybe he should have played better than them his senior year. And maybe if any of them had stepped into the team he had, they might have been more successful?

I wish he'd just shut the hell up because I could care less what he uses for motivation and how he has performed against the better teams, on the whole, since he came into the league has not elevated him in the draft to me. Yep, in a re-draft, I think he's the 1st QB taken but if all the drafts get a re-draft, think the 1st taken would be the same? Not in most of them.

Ken

Reaction score

Oh lord.

Maybe just skip one Dak thread? What do you think? Every Dak thread doesn't require you to repeat the same, tired, inaccurate assessment of Dak Prescott.

I know this may be news to you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Does he really think he should have been taken earlier based on his play at Miss St his senior year? He showed up on the Heisman list because of his legs and tried to be more of a complete QB in his senior season and I watched almost every game he played and he was all over the field and when he faced the better SECW defenses like AL, AU and LSU and he was boxed into the pocket and sprayed the ball all over the field. When they took his legs away, he was a not a QB worthy of as 1-2 day pick.

It's OK to use that as motivation internally but he should realize it was after he became a NFL player that he showed he had real value. And let's not forget, this is the first QB to have Aikman back off his, and a lot of NFL people, belief that accuracy can't be fixed in the NFL.

If he has a problem with being the 7th QB picked, maybe he should have played better than them his senior year. And maybe if any of them had stepped into the team he had, they might have been more successful?

I wish he'd just shut the hell up because I could care less what he uses for motivation and how he has performed against the better teams, on the whole, since he came into the league has not elevated him in the draft to me. Yep, in a re-draft, I think he's the 1st QB taken but if all the drafts get a re-draft, think the 1st taken would be the same? Not in most of them.
This x1000.

Dak might not even be in the NFL right now if he didn't get to sit behind the best o-line and best RB in the NFL his first few seasons while he learned. How many other rookie QBs have that luxury?