News: Dak 7: Prescott still motivated by QBs taken before him

nobody

Reaction score
Players are asked questions and answer them. Take it how you want to, but the proof is in the pudding. What matters is performance, not what's said. He'll put up or he won't. Castigating him now for answering questions is pointless.

Big D

Reaction score
I like Kurt.

He don't sugar coat. He called Dak's play out a lot this season.

I respect his opinions when it comes to QB play, because he was a great QB himself.
So when he directly refutes your claims that Dak "doesn't have great arm talent or the ability to read a defense. " is he high? stupid? or just flat wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He needs to be motivated by the QBs that were taken before him on this team. Two of those QBs have won championships and he will always be judged by what they did at least by Cowboys fans.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He's come a long way......glad to have him. Look no further than 8-10 looking for a new QB. Hell, THREE in our own division but that doesn't mean dilly do unless we take advantage......like now!

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-co...nfl-draft-still-motivates-cowboys-qb-prescott
'Dak 7': Dallas Cowboys' Prescott still motivated by QBs taken before him

Nah , its just gas, $40M can get you nice burritos! LOL

(I’m sorry , not falling for all the words, too much talk and little execution when matters)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So when he directly refutes your claims that Dak "doesn't have great arm talent or the ability to read a defense. " is he high? stupid? or just flat wrong.
I won't refute him.

That's his opinion and I respect it. I respect your opinion also.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'll skip ahead to here because I basically know what was said already without reading it.

Meanwhile, good for Dak. Having a chip on your shoulder can be a good thing, and given the QB's selected ahead of him, he has every right to use that as motivation.

Now excuse me while I duck and run out of here before I get hurt.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Maybe he should worry more that its his 7th year in the league, not like his 2nd or 3rd....his career will be over and he still will be motivated i guess. 7th year, and he has regressed. Not looking good at all, shame dumb and dumber hitched their wagon to this guy. But here we are. :(

Aren’t you normally posting on the Iggles board? They could really use their fans like you to be supportive of THEIR team and not pretending to be a Cowboys fan at the Zone.

:muttley:

GINeric

Reaction score
Maybe he should worry more that its his 7th year in the league, not like his 2nd or 3rd....his career will be over and he still will be motivated i guess. 7th year, and he has regressed. Not looking good at all, shame dumb and dumber hitched their wagon to this guy. But here we are. :(

Actually, Dak has only played in 5 full seasons. With that said, Elway, Marino, Manning, Brees, Stafford, and a host of other quarterbacks never won a Superbowl in their first 6 years, so why should Dak be held to different standards?? If im wrong, I stand to be corrected, but why is there a different standard for Dak?

Trent Dilpher won a Superbowl. Would you go out on a limb and say he was a better quarterback than Dak??? Absolutely not.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lunch
Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Conner Cook

If Dak is using those guys as motivation, he might be clinically insane. There's no reason to even thing about those losers.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If the draft spot was dead on.... why do so many brainless idiots call Dak overrated??? How can a 4th rounder be overrated???

Overrated as far as reputation, production and leadership.

Though I am impressed by his lone playoff win.

Just think, Dak, one more playof win and you will match Tony Romo's 2 wins in the playoffs!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Does he really think he should have been taken earlier based on his play at Miss St his senior year? He showed up on the Heisman list because of his legs and tried to be more of a complete QB in his senior season and I watched almost every game he played and he was all over the field and when he faced the better SECW defenses like AL, AU and LSU and he was boxed into the pocket and sprayed the ball all over the field. When they took his legs away, he was a not a QB worthy of as 1-2 day pick.

It's OK to use that as motivation internally but he should realize it was after he became a NFL player that he showed he had real value. And let's not forget, this is the first QB to have Aikman back off his, and a lot of NFL people, belief that accuracy can't be fixed in the NFL.

If he has a problem with being the 7th QB picked, maybe he should have played better than them his senior year. And maybe if any of them had stepped into the team he had, they might have been more successful?

I wish he'd just shut the hell up because I could care less what he uses for motivation and how he has performed against the better teams, on the whole, since he came into the league has not elevated him in the draft to me. Yep, in a re-draft, I think he's the 1st QB taken but if all the drafts get a re-draft, think the 1st taken would be the same? Not in most of them.
:clap: