Twitter: Dak "a little sloppy" per Bobby Belt

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I’m just trying to understand some of the stuff you guys say I can’t tell if it’s hyperbole or what. I know what certain. I’m curious if you think he’s a bad QB who are good ones?
Well i am on my phone right now. So typing is hard. But to name a few good ones the league has to offer in 2024:

Rodgers
Mahomes
Herbert
(Jackson)
Allen
Burrows
(Lawrence)

This of course is a wide range of being "good". Lawrence or Jackson are not as good as rodgers for example.

Right now i dont see any elite ones in the league. Rodger Was before his injury. I dont think he will be this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well i am on my phone right now. So typing is hard. But to name a few good ones the league has to offer in 2024:

Rodgers
Mahomes
Herbert
(Jackson)
Allen
Burrows
(Lawrence)

This of course is a wide range of being "good". Lawrence or Jackson are not as good as rodgers for example.

Right now i dont see any elite ones in the league. Rodger Was before his injury. I dont think he will be this year.
Yeah this is just an interesting take Mahomes isn’t elite? Dak is bad but Lawrence and Herbert are good? Interesting.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yeah this is just an interesting take Mahomes isn’t elite? Dak is bad but Lawrence and Herbert are good? Interesting.
I like it that you think my opinion is interesting. Hope it gives you enough food for thought.

And yes Mahomes to me is not elite.
I would want to watch him without his physical ability first. Right now that gives him a too big advantage. But that may be will take another 5 years. Then we will all have a better impression about his real QB skills. Right now i am not totally convinced about those.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like it that you think my opinion is interesting. Hope it gives you enough food for thought.

I would want to watch him without his physical ability first. Right now that gives him a too big advantage. But that may be will take another 5 years. Then we will all have a better impression about his real QB skills. Right now i am not totally convinced about those.
lol it’s just funny man you’re grading on a completely different scale if the goal is to win rings and he has 3 of them….

If he loses his physical ability he’d no longer be elite lol. Who gets better when they lose physical abilities?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Every QB throws more INT's in practice. They take more risks because it is practice. They try things in practice they would never dare to do in the regular season. Testing the limits of your abilities is something a player is supposed to do in practice.

I would rather they find out something doesn't work during practice than in the actual game.

No story here, just another media analyst going for the easy layup.
This shouldn’t even have to be said…. But, apparently it does.

Well said.

khiladi

Reaction score
People forget how trash the “Texas West Coast” offense was, until mid-season when it was dumbed down even more. The defining feature of it was to simplify the decision making process for Dak, with breaking pocket becoming a regular feature is the early reads weren’t there. I’m pretty sure the bad defenses were taken off-guard by some of the wrinkles.

By the end of the season, Dak threw 5 picks in his last ( games, 2 of them in the play-offs and he really should have had a third when the GB LB dropped an easy pick after baiting Dak when Dallas got that TD.

Dak got destroyed by the 49ers in the same manner the Packers destroyed him later in the season, by simply throwing different looks at the real MVP of the offense, Lamb.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not necessarily chew them out, but get in somebody's face, uplift them, tell them a joke, point out a celebrity in the stands, anything to wake them up. Too many times when the team is in the dumps he stays there with them and leaves them to climb out on their own and goes and sits by himself trying to work out his issues. I don't think the QB can do that. At least not all the time. Sometimes he's got to pull them out of the tailspin. I know nothing works 100% of the time.. but I do know that sitting in the corner trying to remain calm while the walls are tumbling down fails more often than not.
Someone told mad Aikman didn't do that...and I showed them a clip Aikman chewing their ***. They never responded.

A "leader" doesn't just give butt slaps and cool Nikes. It's a hard job.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think what Mahommes relies on is those freaky plays he does. Where as say..Montana, Marino, Aikman, even Rodgers...relied on SOLID (say traditional?)QB, Mahommes bails out the team with freak plays.

Not certain that is sustainable. But we'll enjoy it along the way.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But WRs don't fall for Trey Lance Passes and the defense will stop the run for Trigger Trey

Dak Haters Narrative/Off :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There's Dak haters and then there's Trey Haters. Either are despicable.

(inserts 12 emojis to prove I'm right)

Qcard

Reaction score
There's Dak haters and then there's Trey Haters. Either are despicable.

(inserts 12 emojis to prove I'm right)
I don't Hate Trey Lance!!

I know Dak Haters would love worse like Andy Dalton :laugh:

I hate Dak Haters.....the Father's of the Participation Trophy Era :lmao:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't Hate Trey Lance!!

I know Dak Haters would love worse like Andy Dalton :laugh:

I hate Dak Haters.....the Father's of the Participation Trophy Era :lmao:
The words you spew say otherwise. You tear down Trey to prop Dak.

If you want to fight the people you think (in your wee head) are Dak haters...fine. Have at it. If that gives you joy in this world...do it up.

You can do that and not bash Trey.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yet if Dak was perfect and on target the narrative would be "it's only 7 on 7 drills and not a real practice or a game situation".

Personally I would rather see it this way. Some good plays by Dak is good news for the offense, some bad plays by Dak is good news for the defense. If there was just one side winning every rep that means the team has a big weakness.

But again, this does not fit the agenda of several people here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think what Mahommes relies on is those freaky plays he does. Where as say..Montana, Marino, Aikman, even Rodgers...relied on SOLID (say traditional?)QB, Mahommes bails out the team with freak plays.

Not certain that is sustainable. But we'll enjoy it along the way.
Yes.

He is able to produce such "freak" plays because of his athleticism. I dont see that he is a really sound QB.

But until he proves that to me i cant give him the elite status.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Since when has Greg Ellis been a DL coach? Always liked him as the strong side 34 OLB…that’s where I see Kneelsnd ending up in a few years hopefully

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Someone told mad Aikman didn't do that...and I showed them a clip Aikman chewing their ***. They never responded.

A "leader" doesn't just give butt slaps and cool Nikes. It's a hard job.
Exactly... Troy was not a vocal leader for the most part. He and Emmitt were very much the lead by example type while Mike was the firy one who exploded on the sidelines, on the field, in the locker room, wherever he thought the team needed it. But every once in a while we saw both Troy AND Emmitt get on their teammates. Challenge them to step it up. And because it was something the guys didn't see a lot, it generally resonated. I think Dak has an opportunity to replicate that. Maybe 2-3 times a year is all he really needs. This team doesn't have a lot of games that it fails to show up for but history has shown it DOES have 2-3 every year. And when that happens Dak needs to be the one to bring them out of it. Yes other guys CAN do it but the QB is the one who SHOULD do it. At least that's the way I see it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Exactly... Troy was not a vocal leader for the most part. He and Emmitt were very much the lead by example type while Mike was the firy one who exploded on the sidelines, on the field, in the locker room, wherever he thought the team needed it. But every once in a while we saw both Troy AND Emmitt get on their teammates. Challenge them to step it up. And because it was something the guys didn't see a lot, it generally resonated. I think Dak has an opportunity to replicate that. Maybe 2-3 times a year is all he really needs. This team doesn't have a lot of games that it fails to show up for but history has shown it DOES have 2-3 every year. And when that happens Dak needs to be the one to bring them out of it. Yes other guys CAN do it but the QB is the one who SHOULD do it. At least that's the way I see it.
Michael was the most vocal, but it’s just a myth that Troy wasn’t when he wanted to be. Troy put it out there too: