Twitter: Dak ahead of schedule with Rehab

MrPhil

Reaction score
Or Penei Sewell

I would be perfectly happy with Sewell. But, if the team is expecting Smith and Collins back AND healthy (per the tweet), they wont take him. They will focus on defense. I am going to assume that they are happy with the LBs (I am not, for the record) so that takes Parsons out, unfortunately. With Gregory and Smith (assuming they can keep him) I dont think they will see DE as a huge need so Rousseau is likely out. That leaves DT, CB and S. They dont seem to value DT or S and the young DTs, especially Gallimore, are playing well. At CB, Lewis and Awuzie are both FA after this year so an early pick at CB could make some sense.

jrumann59

Reaction score
"Cowboys VP Stephen Jones says Dak Prescott is ahead of schedule with his rehab. There was no infection or setbacks after his ankle surgery"

Ahead of schedule? Were they expecting infection and setbacks? I'm glad there was no infection or setbacks, but fractured bones still only heal just so fast Stephen. In fact I can't help wondering if that ankle can actually be back to full strength by next season. I'd hate to see him reinjure that same ankle.
See Alex Smith. Those type of injuries where bones are displaced and pierce the skin there is a lot of room for infections to develop. Throw in issues with plates and/or screws you never know until the healing starts.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would be perfectly happy with Sewell. But, if the team is expecting Smith and Collins back AND healthy (per the tweet), they wont take him. They will focus on defense. I am going to assume that they are happy with the LBs (I am not, for the record) so that takes Parsons out, unfortunately. With Gregory and Smith (assuming they can keep him) I dont think they will see DE as a huge need so Rousseau is likely out. That leaves DT, CB and S. They dont seem to value DT or S and the young DTs, especially Gallimore, are playing well. At CB, Lewis and Awuzie are both FA after this year so an early pick at CB could make some sense.

I would prefer we focus on defense. But I'd also prefer that we make better use of the resources we have.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I agree, and I'd like to focus on D. I'd prefer a trade down and D the most tbh.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I'm not sure Tyron will ever be fully healthy again. He might not have the same injury, but the last few seasons have shown us that he will have some injury.
I think he will be better. He had a herniated disk in his neck he should have surgery long time ago. I think him at 90% for 16 games is still better than the 70% of the other options.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think he will be better. He had a herniated disk in his neck he should have surgery long time ago. I think him at 90% for 16 games is still better than the 70% of the other options.

He hasn't stayed healthy for a full season since 2015. Not saying we should get rid of him, but we need to really work at developing a replacement instead of hoping players like Cam Irving can be a stopgap.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He hasn't stayed healthy for a full season since 2015. Not saying we should get rid of him, but we need to really work at developing a replacement instead of hoping players like Cam Irving can be a stopgap.
Yes but most of the issues revolved around the neck and that disc they kept managing. I think that disk will be cleaned up and I think the issues will be gone. His neck was never a matter of if but when.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
source.gif

Qcard

Reaction score
You know you have a damn good QB when he can win around half his games despite complete garbage on defense and the OL.

2021 can’t come soon enough.
We are witnessing how an injured player's stock keeps rising with every game.

Oh my how the narrative has changed.

They almost had me 2nd guessing myself about Dalton in the off-season. "Dalton has never had this Talent":lmao2::huh::facepalm::lmao2:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
See Alex Smith. Those type of injuries where bones are displaced and pierce the skin there is a lot of room for infections to develop. Throw in issues with plates and/or screws you never know until the healing starts.
If there was an infection it would be apparent by now. Dak's injury was a month ago. Alex Smith showed signs of an infection days after his injury.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Tyron and La’el also doing well:

Oh, goodie we can't wait to go back to just beating Dog teams and watching Dak pad his stats in Garbage time while the team is going nowhere once again!!!:omg:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Great news. I’ve seen first hand how post surgery infections can drag out recovery. I’m very happy for the young man that he has passed that phase.