Dak ain't going anywhere

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well Dak has no idea who his coaches will be next year. A new offense to learn with an entirely new coaching staff.

So he has some things to consider himself. He has to be disappointed with free agency and not improving the roster to make a deep run in the playoffs. As of today we have a significantly weaker team. Time will tell, but GM Jeruh is in no rush to free up money.

So if you are Dak, and if you had the option to keep playing for GM Jeruh, or test the market and see what teams are interested, what would you do?

Jerry dragging this out and intentionally not improving the team has to be a frustrating factor for Dak to consider.
I’d argue there’s a comfortability factor with Jethro . No real pressure from him for more success. And no other team likely to value and pay him as much. Who’s your daddy dakko. Lol

DCwarrior

Reaction score
JJ wants to do it his way. You only need to look at the TL trade that he pulled off without anyone’s knowledge. To me, that’s his plan to do it his way. Get Lance some playing time asap and hope he takes off. JJ will look like a genius.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
How the hell are we supposed to know what is going on.. its not like we can take Jerry at his word.

A month ago I was 99% certain Dak would be re-signed.. now I have splinters in my bum from sitting on the fence.. I'm about 50/50 now.

The whole thing seems like a cluster **** to me right now.. but hope springs eternal I guess.

Motorola

Reaction score
That said, one could argue with where Dallas has been in the standings over the 3 years has been darn good. Out of curiosity, one could argue Jerry's "meathod" works as over the last 7 years since the dumpster fire of Wentz, as both Rosemans team and Jerry's team has almost identical records.
Roseman's team has won two NFC Championships and one NFL Title over the last seven seasons___2017-23.
Jones' team over that same stretch___ two playoff wildcard wins.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
See Kirk Cousins why this won't work. Dak and his agent know this as well.
Exactly................a 35 yr old Cousins with a shredded Achilles just banked $180 million on the open market.

And people here act like Dak is going to have to sign for practice squad money on the open market because he sucks so bad, LOL.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Roseman's team has won two NFC Championships and one NFL Title over the last seven seasons___2017-23.
Jones' team over that same stretch___ two playoff wildcard wins.
Point well taken.

Perhaps one could argue that as long as Dallas stay's relevent in the division race, their "brand" per value isn't hurt?

As bad as Jason Garret was considered, he still went 87-70 (2 playoff wins vs 3 losses). Can only assume their "brand" wasn't hurt that bad even then (I honestly don't know). That said, I'm curious how one judges the "value" of a NFL team when you can't even buy one now for less than a couple of billion dollars. Seems very subjective to me.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Then I’d argue your instincts were off . There was basically no incentive to get a deal done by March 13th with no intentions for activity in FA. Which I presented .
this is what posters dont understand...none of this is out of the ordinary for this FO.."I'm all in" was just the diferent saying used for the last playoff letdown...it sounded better than "We are going to get on the boat during FA and sign some low hangin fruit, then we will draft for need and THEN we will extend CD and Dak"....I'm not sure how any of this looks so "Diferent" than what they have done for the last 10 years...

Chasing6

Reaction score
this is what posters dont understand...none of this is out of the ordinary for this FO.."I'm all in" was just the diferent saying used for the last playoff letdown...it sounded better than "We are going to get on the boat during FA and sign some low hangin fruit, then we will draft for need and THEN we will extend CD and Dak"....I'm not sure how any of this looks so "Diferent" than what they have done for the last 10 years...
We love our comp picks.

Jayinem

Reaction score
"Dak ain't going anywhere"

You mean in the playoffs right?

that70s-show-burn.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak ain't going anywhere, especially the super bowl, unless he buys a ticket. dak garret will never be in a super bowl, mark it down.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak ain't going anywhere, especially the super bowl, unless he buys a ticket. dak garret will never be in a super bowl, mark it down.
GM Jeruh goes to the SB every year and he has apparently has no problems with that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
GM Jeruh goes to the SB every year and he has apparently has no problems with that.
he's just keeping your boy for jersey sales because they are that many weak-minded guys buying into the choker. shrugs, it is what it is. good for you and your jersey, do they come in orange? I wonder if they will start throwing a toy ankle monitor for free after each orange jersey is sold.