Dak ain't going anywhere

kskboys

Reaction score
LOl you folks are all the same. I personally dont care if dak gets paid or not. If he still is going to then waiting this long for the extension was stupid but it isnt the first stupid thing this FO has done. I wasnt aware that dak plays defense though with your dak humbled jerry BS. The entire team didnt show up and that includes Dak
Not true. The D got dominated. Has nothing to do w/ showing up. The effort was there, they lacked talent in the most key of all positions on D, the DLine.

Big_D

Reaction score
LOl you folks are all the same. I personally dont care if dak gets paid or not. If he still is going to then waiting this long for the extension was stupid but it isnt the first stupid thing this FO has done. I wasnt aware that dak plays defense though with your dak humbled jerry BS. The entire team didnt show up and that includes Dak

LOL sure.. we'll just disregard the cap hit of the QB and how that affects the team. He's not worth the money. At what point does the team ever come to that conclusion since we're about to hit 60+. What's the number or is he just worth an infinite amount? He crapped the bed. You can blame the team but when your offense can't cross the 50 while looking lost in the process, that's on the QB. And it seems to be an ongoing problem once the playoffs start. You think next year he finally figures things out? Sounds like wishful thinking. I guess some fans really don't care about playoff wins because Dak simply isn't good enough!

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak humbled Jerry in front of Millions of fans in that playoff loss.

Dude ain't giving him anymore $$$ than he has to.
We'll see. Jerry has never shown that he has had a spine stronger than a yellow banana. I'll believe what you say when I see it. He coughs up a hairball in every one of these situations.

starfan1

Reaction score
In all fairness....as much as we've been buried in dak threads....this IS still a dak thread. Not a this defense sucks and humbled jerry thread.

As i have said before....we shouldnt have to rip the rest of the team in preface before ripping dak. And just because someone rips dak we shouldnt assume they love the rest of the team.

Its tough being top dog....gotta take the heat as easy as cashing big checks.
checks aint got jack to do with it. Thats just a way for fans to justify their discontent. dak has been getting ripped by the same people since on rookie contract. It has increased i get that as the team continues to fail.QBs get to much credit too much blame.

and Ill be completely transparent here my only reasons at this point for wanting to see the extension is to make the team better using his reduced cap hit mainly (which they failed to do) and to tick off the malcontent that have been whining on this site to an unbearable level otherwise i could care less . That will make me smile seeing the constant whiners leave 1 by 1

Dak didnt cost us the game by himself in fact he less of an issue than the defense. His pick 6 was terrible but what type of dumbarse coordinator runs 2 slants within 10 yards of one another. Im sick of seeing the deer in the headlights look as much as the next guy and Im sick of him being a selfish prick but I get athletes trying to get their bag when they can.

This team is worse the second Dak is gone But i guess thats what many want. It takes less to fix the issues we have then to totally tank this thing and hope these dingbats in the front office know how to build it back. If you have watched for as long as we have there is plety of evidence to the contrary

starfan1

Reaction score
LOL sure.. we'll just disregard the cap hit of the QB and how that affects the team. He's not worth the money. At what point does the team ever come to that conclusion since we're about to hit 60+. What's the number or is he just worth an infinite amount? He crapped the bed. You can blame the team but when your offense can't cross the 50 while looking lost in the process, that's on the QB. And it seems to be an ongoing problem once the playoffs start. You think next year he finally figures things out? Sounds like wishful thinking. I guess some fans really don't care about playoff wins because Dak simply isn't good enough!
neither was romo neither was anyone under center for the last 30 years. The main problem is in the press box. and yes I think QB salaries has escalated too much and no i dont think anyone not named Mahomes is worth it. dak should give the team a reduced rate.If Kirk cousins can sign for 40 mil so can dak but the selfish SOB wont. No run game no run defense in playoffs for years and those 2 things have been an issue.

Do I think he figues it out next year? I dont know if he does or not do you think the defense will stop anyone next year? More importantly do you think Jerry figures it out? I dont and you cant go all in and change nothing so well see what the rest of FA and the draft brings

starfan1

Reaction score
That normally comes with being the highest paid player on the team.
thats because fans focus on that when its rarely the only issue. Thats why fans are in forums and not in draft rooms or make key team decisions. Most are just over emotional knowing very little who played ball back in the day

Brax

Reaction score
“ change “ would ultimately require finally (nearing age 82 )stepping down as official GM.

Anything besides that is more playing to public perception. I’d say things appear to be more the same than changed.

But like I said naming Jimmy on Advisory Board( whatever the hell that means which sounds like he’s jerkin us off ) is a hopeful sign. I wouldn’t describe as totally changing .
Just think Al Davis and how sad it was at the end with his overhead protector holding a press conference and speaking incoherently that’s the way Jerry will be until he is totally incapacitated, funny how I keep seeing Jerry isn’t involved and Stevie is running the show. After his off season cruise he will be back um’en and ah’en and talking Jerry speak about the importance of a great QB and the championship team he has assembled yet again. Nothing is changing anyone who believes differently is just fooling themselves

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Some folks claim that Dak has all the leverage because of a season where he came in 2nd for the MVP vote - which fails to indicate that he received 1 vote, which essentially shows how lopsided the vote was.

I do think what is not being talked about is how much his awful performance in that first half against GB hurt his stock. He knows it, his agent knows it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
These seem to be pretty important aspects of this dance that maybe aren't getting enough attention.

Teammates & their families publicly calling out the face of the franchise. Why wouldn't CD & Micah just tell Jerry they will go elsewhere if the QB is reupped if they truly feel that way? Do you alienate your other players over something that is already public knowledge?

If the plan is to play 2024 with a bare cupboard & no Dak extension, Dak is going to take the bulk of that heat. The writing would be on the wall as to his future here. Why would he not be motivated to navigate his own exit and avoid that?

NotForLong

Reaction score
checks aint got jack to do with it. Thats just a way for fans to justify their discontent. dak has been getting ripped by the same people since on rookie contract. It has increased i get that as the team continues to fail.QBs get to much credit too much blame.

and Ill be completely transparent here my only reasons at this point for wanting to see the extension is to make the team better using his reduced cap hit mainly (which they failed to do) and to tick off the malcontent that have been whining on this site to an unbearable level otherwise i could care less . That will make me smile seeing the constant whiners leave 1 by 1

Dak didnt cost us the game by himself in fact he less of an issue than the defense. His pick 6 was terrible but what type of dumbarse coordinator runs 2 slants within 10 yards of one another. Im sick of seeing the deer in the headlights look as much as the next guy and Im sick of him being a selfish prick but I get athletes trying to get their bag when they can.

This team is worse the second Dak is gone But i guess thats what many want. It takes less to fix the issues we have then to totally tank this thing and hope these dingbats in the front office know how to build it back. If you have watched for as long as we have there is plety of evidence to the contrary
So sad

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Some folks claim that Dak has all the leverage because of a season where he came in 2nd for the MVP vote - which fails to indicate that he received 1 vote, which essentially shows how lopsided the vote was.

I do think what is not being talked about is how much his awful performance in that first half against GB hurt his stock. He knows it, his agent knows it.
Yep, if GB first half doesn't happen we'd be ALL-IN on whatever contract Dak wanted. GB1, brought up the ghosts of end game failures in SF1, SF2 and the realisation that maybe, just maybe, we don't have, in Dak, a QB that can make up for the defensive woes.
I get it's not Dak's fault (really), but we can't give him a Defense that gives him an armchair ride against the better teams and his biggest weakness always tends to appear when he needs to get out of the chair.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
These seem to be pretty important aspects of this dance that maybe aren't getting enough attention.

Teammates & their families publicly calling out the face of the franchise. Why wouldn't CD & Micah just tell Jerry they will go elsewhere if the QB is reupped if they truly feel that way? Do you alienate your other players over something that is already public knowledge?

If the plan is to play 2024 with a bare cupboard & no Dak extension, Dak is going to take the bulk of that heat. The writing would be on the wall as to his future here. Why would he not be motivated to navigate his own exit and avoid that?
Yep, IF players are blaming Dak, paying him Market Setting is going to create a schism, and CeeDee and Micah 'negotiations' will turn into a nightmare. At some point Jerry has to stand his ground, unfortunately for him it's now.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He had plenty of chances and man he blew it.
Avg 13 pts vs the Niners in 3 games and do you want to talk about the GB game?
If they're not carrying your Dakko we are LOSING!!! :facepalm:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yep, IF players are blaming Dak, paying him Market Setting is going to create a schism, and CeeDee and Micah 'negotiations' will turn into a nightmare. At some point Jerry has to stand his ground, unfortunately for him it's now.
Exactly. If I truly didn't believe in my teammate & ownership gave them an extension, why would I tie my future to that organization? It would make my decision easy, even if I otherwise wanted to stay.

Also, you can bet other players feel the same way even if they haven't spoken it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Okay...so we disagree about pay scale vs accountability and responsibility. Thats fine.

But id also throw in "leader". A good leader has himself prepared as well as helping in the rest of the team being prepared. Its fine if we disagree on that too.

Im standing my ground though....in dak threads....rip dak. If we need to see the rest of the team get ripped more, we will have to make more separate threads.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Waiting until closer to the beginning of season provides Jethro and the Cowboys more leverage. Dak doesn’t want to go into the season without a deal as injuries , poor performance , another playoff disappointment, etc could impact his value in FA.
See Kirk Cousins why this won't work. Dak and his agent know this as well.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yep, if GB first half doesn't happen we'd be ALL-IN on whatever contract Dak wanted. GB1, brought up the ghosts of end game failures in SF1, SF2 and the realisation that maybe, just maybe, we don't have, in Dak, a QB that can make up for the defensive woes.
I get it's not Dak's fault (really), but we can't give him a Defense that gives him an armchair ride against the better teams and his biggest weakness always tends to appear when he needs to get out of the chair.
Yep, we'd be having a different conversation if they barely got beat out by GB or if we beat GB and were competitive against SF. But getting absolutely gobsmacked like they did against what everyone considered to be a weaker opponent really showed and as much as the Church of Dak wants to claim that the defense sucked, no one in their right mind who saw that game could claim that Dak Prescott played a major part of that loss.

starfan1

Reaction score
He had plenty of chances and man he blew it.
Avg 13 pts vs the Niners in 3 games and do you want to talk about the GB game?
If they're not carrying your Dakko we are LOSING!!! :facepalm:
as did Romo as did any other QB you want to throw in there. You havent liked him since day 1 and have been a malcontent on this site. The biggest problem is in the press box period.
Okay...so we disagree about pay scale vs accountability and responsibility. Thats fine.

But id also throw in "leader". A good leader has himself prepared as well as helping in the rest of the team being prepared. Its fine if we disagree on that too.

Im standing my ground though....in dak threads....rip dak. If we need to see the rest of the team get ripped more, we will have to make more separate threads.
you do you and yes we disagree not so much about dak getting ripped but the frequency of it and the absence of accountability for the rest of the team.