Dak ain't going anywhere

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are going to let Dak play out the year on his current deal and move on next year......I think the conversations after the playoff debacle was on whether Dak is the answer going forward and that conclusion was that he isn't, so let him play for the 59 mil cap hit and deal with the 36 million next year cap hit next year when he walks.....extending him in training camp makes no sense because it doesn't help signing free agents now, if we were ALL IN as the dimwit owner states..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are locking him up for another 4 years at 250 million. This is 100% gonna happen. Not sure why anyone would ever think otherwise.
I haven’t really put a number on it. But I’d expect it to be closer to 55+ per. That’s not really an insight I have. Just the notion that Jethro will cave in. The longer he waits perhaps provides the opportunity Dak would be willing to negotiate.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There was basically no incentive to get a deal done by March 13th with no intentions for activity in FA.
W/o a deal done, can't be active in free agency, and we've basically wasted a year of Dak the Fantastic at QB.

If we think Dak is so great that we should spend top QB money on him, should we be that unconcerned about wasting a year we have him under contract? Wouldn't we want to make the most of it?

And wouldn't we be a little more concerned about protecting our franchise QB?

We let Tyron go instead of beating 6.5mil. For Tyron, that's nothing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I understand all of the naysayers will continue to call for his ousting and say it’s over but they are in for a rude awakening by the beginning of the season. I’m not here to promote either side but rather state why it’s going a certain way.

The fact Jethro just came out and said there probably wouldn’t be a deal done until Camp or preseason supports what I’ve said from the beginning .

This was basically Option 2 in a thread I posted earlier in the week in why there wouldn't be a deal done by March 13th which also supported my notion we wouldn't be very active in FA.

Waiting until closer to the beginning of season provides Jethro and the Cowboys more leverage. Dak doesn’t want to go into the season without a deal as injuries , poor performance , another playoff disappointment, etc could impact his value in FA.

My instincts have been spot on so far because I have better insights into our owner and his agendas . Jethro has no intentions to move on without Dak. He’s still All In. But this is basically the only leverage he has holding out until the waning hours before the regular season begins.

He knows he’s going to be ripped for caving in to a Market Price type extension and the closer he can push into the beginning of regular season the less time his and Daks opponents have to bash him and Dak before season begins.

It’s his way of attempting to control the narrative in the media which pushing it back is a better storyline for him than caving in. It provides a talking point for those against a resigning that there’s hope.
You seem to post a "Dak isn't leaving" thread at least once a week. You just keep pushing back the time table every time your predicted date passes.

It's going to be funny to revisit these when your QB doesn't get a new contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stop it
Many of us remember that your were a die hard Garrett apologist for years and years and years after many here knew he was utter garbage
No, I presented a narrative to combat the attacks on Garrett which on many fronts I’d argue still hold true.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Then I’d argue your instincts were off . There was basically no incentive to get a deal done by March 13th with no intentions for activity in FA. Which I presented .
But that's not completely true though, or at least comes with a ton of speculation. It's been reported they were in on guys like Zach Moss, AJ Dillon, and even staying close to Tyron Smith as well as Gilmore currently. If they had a Dak deal in place and an extra $20M there is a good chance they would be willing to offer a guy like Moss $5M instead of $4M which has been reported to be their ceiling on an RB. In previous years they signed Zeke and just paid tag money to Pollard so I struggle with them all of a sudden completely having strict budgets at the RB position. Still doesnt mean that they are going shopping for a Derrick Henry or DJ Reader, but I think its extremely likely they would not be this far into free agency having done this little.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are you ok bud?
Jeez, so what is accomplished by me risking my favorite internet forum for what is in Jerry's head?
Are you 12 years old?
I have given you my opinion on the matter plain and simple as my life will not be altered by whatever Jerry does.
Just the fact after 8 years and 2 playoff wins that there are folks like yourself wishing for Dak's extension to proclaim victory proves the sad state of our Franchise after 29 years of hunger.
GL bud gotta a feeling you're going to need it..............
Everytime one of his "Dak will be signed by this date" date passes he becomes more unhinged.

But remember, and never forget, he's neutral on Dak! lolol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But that's not completely true though, or at least comes with a ton of speculation. It's been reported they were in on guys like Zach Moss, AJ Dillon, and even staying close to Tyron Smith as well as Gilmore currently. If they had a Dak deal in place and an extra $20M there is a good chance they would be willing to offer a guy like Moss $5M instead of $4M which has been reported to be their ceiling on an RB. In previous years they signed Zeke and just paid tag money to Pollard so I struggle with them all of a sudden completely having strict budgets at the RB position. Still doesnt mean that they are going shopping for a Derrick Henry or DJ Reader, but I think it’s extremely likely they would not be this far into free agency having done this little.
Yes , speculative . But so far correct . I haven’t discussed those other scenarios.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to post a "Dak isn't leaving" thread at least once a week. You just keep pushing back the time table every time your predicted date passes.

It's going to be funny to revisit these when your QB doesn't get a new contract.
One of the biggest Dak Homers here.
Hides in the closet but his Dak love runs deeper than the Marianna trench.
It's cool as it's a free country but at least other Dak lovers don't try to hide it as he does therefore I have very little respect for anything he posts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One of the biggest Dak Homers here.
Hides in the closet but his Dak love runs deeper than the Marianna trench.
It's cool as it's a free country but at least other Dak lovers don't try to hide it as he does therefore I have very little respect for anything he posts.
I’m about proving my instinct about Jethro are right.

But yet you’re here cause it takes on your agenda. The agenda that was wrong 4 years ago too. And will be again.

If you truly believe it you’ll put your time where your mouth is.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yes , speculative . But so far correct . I haven’t discussed those other scenarios.
Possibly correct, but you're creating your own narrative on why things are happening the way they are. You may end up being spot on in the end too, I'm not saying your wrong, but this is all speculation. The crowd that believes Dak is basically gone is also thinking to themselves that they are 100% correct and thing are happening exactly as they thought they would.

Perfectly fine with your opinion on the matter, but the confidence here may be a case of setting yourself up for a major fall too.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not going to play Guru here or do I speak to Jerry Jones on a personal level so all we can be sure of is.............

It's March 17th, 2024 and Dak is a Free Agent at the end of the Cowboys season kicking off in Sept.

P.S. Unless by then he is traded or extended, or becomes a post-June 1st, cut to save us 34 million in cap $.
I had hope they would use the June 1 cut to give us more cap later.

But the cap is so jacked. Extending Dak just makes it worse down the road.

Dak embarrassed Jerry in front of millions.

Dude was freaking crying with red eyes.

Try doing that to your work boss and see if you get a bonus. 8)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve taken on the Dak homers. And I certainly can take on the Dak trolls.

But my agenda is about what Jethro will do.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It makes no sense to resign him right now. That time was before the 13th if they wanted to create space. They completely missed the boat on free agency and if they do give him a deal it would be a typical moronic move from this front office. Make him a June 1st cut and move the hell on already. He’s not worth the money. It’s really time to end this charade.
Dak = playoff failure.

Jerry had to cry in his private club room.

Crying boss = no pay raise

kskboys

Reaction score
If JJ fully intends to resign Dak, it makes no sense to drag it out until camp.

Neither financially, nor team dynamic wise.

You don't play games like that unless you have a reason to.
Yeah, but you said "Jerry" and "sense" in the same sentence!!!!!