Dak ain't going anywhere

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If JJ fully intends to resign Dak, it makes no sense to drag it out until camp.

Neither financially, nor team dynamic wise.

You don't play games like that unless you have a reason to.
Yeah.

It’s called payback.

Try man crying in front of millions on TV.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
My instincts have been spot on so far because I have better insights into our owner and his agendas .
you have "better insights into our owner and his agenda" ? Better than who? The 4 dudes on your bowling team who don't watch football, or everyone in here?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Dak isn't going anywhere.

Your just some rando dude sitting on his couch in a football Message board....

Why the pretentious I HAVE BETTER INSIGHTS statement as if you have some kind of "source" or something?

Hey....in 2024 we'll get all hyped during Sept and Oct, and everyone in here will be talking SuperBowl again, and then we'll get into the playoffs, and either in the WildCard round, or Divisional round, Dak will throw multiple INTs and look like a deer in headlights and we'll get blown out in a national embarrassment. But then the Draft will roll around, and Jerruh be sitting in the "power chair" in the war room, with his Yes Men surrounding him clapping and smiling like idiots around Jerruh as he acts like every pick of his is a stroke of genius as he smiles his creepy old yellow toothed grin and his plastic surgery deformed face glows yellow and red in self satisfaction.

I know this because I have better insights to the team than any of you do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't think hardly any of us here thought he was going anywhere. Jerry thinks RB's are expendable, a dime a dozen, but he absolutely overvalues his QB's. I used to constantly complain about Jerry not addressing a replacement for Romo when he kept getting injured year after year. He just got lucky enough to draft an average to decent QB in Dak in 2016 who was able to step in when, like clockwork, Romo went down in pre season. But no one expected Dak to take the #1 spot his rookie season. He was supposed to be a backup and nothing more. Someone to step in when Romo went down.

And now here we are 8 years later and Jerry is once again overvaluing his QB. He's going to invest and break the bank paying an average QB who can't compete against good teams and sucks in the playoffs. And in the process he will further cripple the team. But so what, Jerry does this every year.
No, all dak has to do is get URT, and the backup will come in and will be too hot to take out!!!! Story repeats itself!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
you have "better insights into our owner and his agenda" ? Better than who? The 4 dudes on your bowling team who don't watch football, or everyone in here?

Why the pretentious I HAVE BETTER INSIGHTS statement as if you have some kind of "source" or something?

Hey....in 2024 we'll get all hyped during Sept and Oct, and everyone in here will be talking SuperBowl again, and then we'll get into the playoffs, and either in the WildCard round, or Divisional round, Dak will throw multiple INTs and look like a deer in headlights and we'll get blown out in a national embarrassment. But then the Draft will roll around, and Jerruh be sitting in the "power chair" in the war room, with his Yes Men surrounding him clapping and smiling like idiots around Jerruh as he acts like every pick of his is a stroke of genius as he smiles his creepy old yellow toothed grin and his plastic surgery deformed face glows yellow and red in self satisfaction.

POST OF THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If JJ fully intends to resign Dak, it makes no sense to drag it out until camp.

Neither financially, nor team dynamic wise.

You don't play games like that unless you have a reason to.
It’s the only leverage Jethro has is to drag it out until the season begins . Dak doesn’t want to go into season without a contract as concerns of injury, a poor season or another disappointing ending could lower his value in FA.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had hope they would use the June 1 cut to give us more cap later.

But the cap is so jacked. Extending Dak just makes it worse down the road.

Dak embarrassed Jerry in front of millions.

Dude was freaking crying with red eyes.

Try doing that to your work boss and see if you get a bonus. 8)
Dak Bizzaro World is only for the selected few.................jeez :muttley:
Here's a kind reminder of why we should give him another massive extension!

Niners 19 Cowboys 12
NFL divisional round
Niners 23 Cowboys 17
NFL wildcard
Niners 42 Cowboys 10
Reg season 2023

Dakko has averaged 13 pts in 3 games vs the Niners.

And the CHERRY on the Cake which has earned him another 4 year 24O million $ extension.............

Last edited:

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t see any original insight in the OP. Seems like a good portion of this forum already knew, and knows that Jerry will cave. Every year he uses players as a bank and this time, it’s a cap withdrawal from the bank of Dak.

That he doesn’t give a crap about fans, only his perception in the media that it’s his hands guiding the success. That he’s in a position of strength. That when there’s failure, is isn’t because he didn’t bring in the right talent. That he is always angry and will make changes when the season ends, until he sense the fans are ready for his “this is a Super Bowl team” bloviating sometime after the draft.

If you start with the premise that this team is really Jerry’s vanity project, which it is, then everything that has happened is predictable. There are some that are just hopeful Dak is done (and I am too), but even most of them I bet know deep down that Dak and Jerry will continue to be a pair.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Better instincts and insights into our owners agendas than most . At least on this site. Because of my earlier history around our owners and the team. And of course 35 years unfortunately following him closely.

If you’d of followed me the last 15 + years on these forums you’d know my history.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand all of the naysayers will continue to call for his ousting and say it’s over but they are in for a rude awakening by the beginning of the season. I’m not here to promote either side but rather state why it’s going a certain way.

The fact Jethro just came out and said there probably wouldn’t be a deal done until Camp or preseason supports what I’ve said from the beginning .

This was basically Option 2 in a thread I posted earlier in the week in why there wouldn't be a deal done by March 13th which also supported my notion we wouldn't be very active in FA.

Waiting until closer to the beginning of season provides Jethro and the Cowboys more leverage. Dak doesn’t want to go into the season without a deal as injuries , poor performance , another playoff disappointment, etc could impact his value in FA.

My instincts have been spot on so far because I have better insights into our owner and his agendas . Jethro has no intentions to move on without Dak. He’s still All In. But this is basically the only leverage he has holding out until the waning hours before the regular season begins.

He knows he’s going to be ripped for caving in to a Market Price type extension and the closer he can push into the beginning of regular season the less time his and Daks opponents have to bash him and Dak before season begins.

It’s his way of attempting to control the narrative in the media which pushing it back is a better storyline for him than caving in. It provides a talking point for those against a resigning that there’s hope.
You have better insight? Can you please describe the inside of the Party Bus and Yacht? Post some pics, if you can....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t see any original insight in the OP. Seems like a good portion of this forum already knew, and knows that Jerry will cave. Every year he uses players as a bank and this time, it’s a cap withdrawal from the bank of Dak.

That he doesn’t give a crap about fans, only his perception in the media that it’s his hands guiding the success. That he’s in a position of strength. That when there’s failure, is isn’t because he didn’t bring in the right talent. That he is always angry and will make changes when the season ends, until he sense the fans are ready for his “this is a Super Bowl team” bloviating sometime after the draft.

If you start with the premise that this team is really Jerry’s vanity project, which it is, then everything that has happened is predictable. There are some that are just hopeful Dak is done (and I am too), but even most of them I bet know deep down that Dak and Jerry will continue to be a pair.
You’d think more would sense what the inevitable outcome is. If I felt they were in this forum then my thread wouldn’t have been necessary. Thanks , good post.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last one was brutal.

Fans were walking out in the 3rd.

Jerry spent Billions $$$ building that stadium.

Jerry crying and SASmith laughing on twitter.

Then Dak asks for more $$$$

Nothing like an angry owner.
Yep, only GB fans were in the stadium after the 3rd Q.:facepalm:
Those hot dog and Beer sales dived for sure for sure!!! :muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
The last one was brutal.

Fans were walking out in the 3rd.

Jerry spent Billions $$$ building that stadium.

Jerry crying and SASmith laughing on twitter.

Then Dak asks for more $$$$

Nothing like an angry owner.
Jerry was completely different after this loss. More lost than I've ever seen him. He has given up, as evidenced by his hiring of Jimmy.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Better instincts and insights into our owners agendas than most . At least on this site. Because of my earlier history around our owners and the team. And of course 35 years unfortunately following him closely.

If you’d of followed me the last 15 + years on these forums you’d know my history.
It’s all about ego.

Jerry likely felt betrayed by Dak.

Dude..try man crying in you own crib in front of everyone.

And Dak was the reason.

Sure Dak.. here’s a big contract extension.

Hahaha

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have better insight? Can you please describe the inside of the Party Bus and Yacht? Post some pics, if you can....
I traveled with the team for most of 5 years.

It’s really amazing why some fans are intimidated by others who may have better insight or instincts.

I have no problem admitting those with better than myself because of the access they had or have.

I have two friends who are writers with bloggin the boys for example with greater access .

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the most misunderstood things this off-season is the belief that Dallas couldn’t sign FAs because of Dak’s contract and cap space. That is false.

In an article for Cowboys Wire, NFL writer and cap guru KD Drummond made crystal clear that the Cowboys could have cleared $65 million in cap space WITHOUT extending Dak’s contract at all. Drummond said in the article:
The Cowboys aren’t beholden to anything here, though clearly a long-term agreement with Prescott would be the best way to create the most additional cap space. Remember though, Dak Prescott currently has two void years on his deal and like what they did with Zack Martin, they likely have language built in to add one or two more void years, allowing them to convert Prescott’s salary into a restructure bonus, adding more cap space.”

In other words, the “void years” language allows the Cowboys to convert this year’s contract money for Dak into a “bonus” then take that amount off their cap space. The Cowboys could have also done this with several other larger contracts like Trevon Diggs, Cedee Lamb, Donovan Wilson, and others. The front office CHOSE not to do that.

Look, I’m as ready as anyone to see a different QB under center for us. But the lack of cap space for free agency was a choice this front office made that is on them and them alone.

Here‘s the article link I was referencing: https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...65m-cap-space-without-extending-dak-prescott/

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I traveled with the team for most of 5 years.

It’s really amazing why some fans are intimidated by others who may have better insight or instincts.

I have no problem admitting those with better than myself because of the access they had or have.

I have two friends who are writers with bloggin the boys for example with greater access .
So, no pics? Just messing with you.