Dak and Comebacks

McMicah

Reaction score
I went down a rabbit hole and looked at all QB comebacks on pro football reference.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=PresDa01

I looked at almost every one of the top 100 QBs for all-time comebacks. Dak sits just outside the top 100, but something is off.

Almost every QB has a relatively consistent amount of comebacks annually. Maybe you find a two year stretch with low or high comebacks, but regardless of team, every qb is relatively consistent, except Dak…

Dak’s first 3 years he had 14 comebacks (5, 4, 5). That’s pretty impressive. The last 5 seasons? A whopping 5. There were injuries and I’m sure other factors to consider, but Dak has never had more than 2 comebacks any given year since 2018.

I really do think when we look back someday, we are going to admit that injury hampered him more than anyone thought.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I went down a rabbit hole and looked at all QB comebacks on pro football reference.

I looked at almost every one of the top 100 QBs for all-time comebacks. Dak sits just outside the top 100, but something is off.

Almost every QB has a relatively consistent amount of comebacks annually. Maybe you find a two year stretch with low or high comebacks, but regardless of team, every qb is relatively consistent, except Dak…

Dak’s first 3 years he had 14 comebacks (5, 4, 5). That’s pretty impressive. The last 5 seasons? A whopping 5. There were injuries and I’m sure other factors to consider, but Dak has never had more than 2 comebacks any given year since 2018.

I really do think when we look back someday, we are going to admit that injury hampered him more than anyone thought.
Ya know. Dak just seems different during tough/difficult games lately.

And I mean like. Early in his career. Dak’s body language and just demeanor in those situations seemed different and he played really well.

However since the 2020 season and particularly the injury. It has gotten worse. I do think moistmayonnaise is right. He’s regressed in that area. Mentally he just isn’t the same.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did you also look to see many games they were ahead in, and did not need a comeback?

McMicah

Reaction score
Dak is a front-runner. Always has been.

He plays just as poorly as Justin Fields, when the Cowboys arent favored

I guess what I’m saying is…it’s worse than Justin Fields, because statistically all his good underdog play came in his first 3 years. If you just did the last 5 I think he would show miserably low in that stack

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This is the same man who claimed that he wouldn't take a discount like Brady because he wasn't married to a supermodel. Pretty much knew he was done then and here is the proof of it.
the putridly embarrassing thing is that the Dak Davidians are still parroting this nonsense

I had a guy use this nonsense not two days ago in a discussion about Dak's salary

As if it's some valid justification for his bloated and undeserved contract.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
the putridly embarrassing thing is that the Dak Davidians are still parroting this nonsense

I had a guy use this nonsense not two days ago in a discussion about Dak's salary

As if it's some valid justification for his bloated and undeserved contract.
I always liked that one.

As if Brady would be in the poor house by not being the highest paid player ever every time contract time came around.

LysleE

Reaction score
Great players are not motivated my money…they continue to work, practice and hone their craft; they continue to hold themselves, and their teammates to that higher standard. See Brady and Mahomes.
Dak got paid…he has regressed since then and has not put a he work into correcting his deficiencies…he stands in front of the Mike game after game and tells everybody he will play better…but thus far has failed to do so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s had some good comebacks in the past, but he’s lost confidence and good luck coming back with the dink and dunk offense we have now. We have no explosiveness or quick strike ability and we suck in the redzone. When we get behind with this offense we’re in trouble. We’ve been behind in two games this season, and were beaten decisively in both of them.