Dak and Comebacks

McMicah

Reaction score
Yep.. can cut and paste my response to this tired trope that Dak was 'better' before the injury or how it is EVERYBODY elses fault. Dak was never great.. not once.. not ever. His biggest claim to fame was that he competently drove the bus in his rookie year. I will happily state that he played exceptionally well as a fourth round rookie QB in 2016 and it allowed us to win and save the season. The only thing that went wrong was our stupid FO (and some of our fanbase) misunderstanding his skill level and then dumping Romo.

Dak has never, ever, never ever been a franchise caliber QB. On a rookie contract.. he was great value and you could make an argument for building a list around him (maybe) but paying him elite QB money was crazy then and it is looking really bad now.

This is not about his injury.. he was never the guy that so many wanted him to be. Luckiest man in football.
If so, theI truly wonder what Romo could’ve done if they had benched Dak. The one drive he got was so easy and masterful on his part. I still remember his smirk running off the field on the back shoulder toss in the end zone for the one drive he got. Maybe he knew then

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak is not the same QB he was before his ankle injury.

He lost all of his mobility, his speed, his power, everything is gone now and he is strictly a pocket passer.

I am afraid that Dak's best days are behind him and what is left is just a shell of his former self.