Twitter: Dak and Kellen Moore worked together to make adjustments at halftime

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I’m going to take some heat and can’t believe it defending Garrett but I always thought the bigger issue was starting slow and having to make a ton of halftime adjustments to start beating teams. It wasn’t adjustments that I thought was a problem. It was not starting the game with any real thoughts on how to play the opponent.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Give credit where credit is due - MM empowers his coordinators to do what they do best. Call plays and lead.

But the facts dictate that the coordinators deserve the bulk if the credit for success of offense AND defense.

Players confirm this regularly.

Ad nauseum, the players LOVE and trust their coordinators.

Watch player interviews and coach pressers, this is clear as day.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So this is what it's like having an actual coaching staff? My apologies as it's been 15 years since I've seen one in Dallas.

waving monkey

Reaction score
All NFL players and coaches admit that by the time you actually get inside, pee, etc, you realistically have about 90 seconds for the head coach to say something and maybe 30 seconds for a position coach before you head back outside. The 12 minute halftime starts when the clock hits zero and ends with teams lined up for kickoff.

So I’m guessing Dak basically said, “The DB is blitzing me with a free run from outside every play. I don’t even have time to throw the slant. You’ve gotta give him someone to cover or give me the RB to block him.”
but if Moore and Dak dont have to piss

lukin2006

Reaction score
It feels like we are a real organization for the 1st in a decade or so. It was maddening watching us not adjust and seeing the other team adjust and then win.

How did JG ever get another job…

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the relationship of QB and OC is critical. As for halftime adjustments I'm sure they went over things but I would add with Moore on the sideline he and Dak talk and go over things when offense is on the sideline through out the game. What do people think they only talk and make adjustments at halftime? You think Moore just stands their with his thumb up his butt when defense is on the field?

nobody

Reaction score
I’m going to take some heat and can’t believe it defending Garrett but I always thought the bigger issue was starting slow and having to make a ton of halftime adjustments to start beating teams. It wasn’t adjustments that I thought was a problem. It was not starting the game with any real thoughts on how to play the opponent.

Uh, except Garrett ran Cowboys NEVER adjusted...offensively or defensively. It was always "BEAT YOUR MAN" and "It's the players. The plan is perfect because I made it"

Name ONE time Garrett stepped up to the podium and said "Yeah, that was on me. I should have done *insert anything else* instead." He always had an excuse or willingness to throw players under the bus.

Scotman

Reaction score
I think the relationship of QB and OC is critical. As for halftime adjustments I'm sure they went over things but I would add with Moore on the sideline he and Dak talk and go over things when offense is on the sideline through out the game. What do people think they only talk and make adjustments at halftime? You think Moore just stands their with his thumb up his butt when defense is on the field?

I wholeheartedly agree. One thing that doesn't get mentioned much is Moore's ability to step into the coaching role. Dak played a role in Kellen Moore not getting another shot as being a QB. He was ahead of Dak on the depth chart. He was right there when Dak when from QB3 to QB1. KM didn't miss a beat. Slid right into coaching without ever looking like he "missed his opportunity." However he worked out as a coach, that always impressed me.