CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its a process
giphy.gif

Garrett shares "The Process" at halftime

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All offensive coordinators and quarterbacks work together at halftime to make adjustments. This is nonsensical feel good stuff.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s disturbing the lack of respect MM gets. I mean I wasn’t a fan of his hiring and I’m not even sure if I’m a fan now but how do you go 3-1 despite him? He’s the head of the snake…it’s also worth noting he could’ve easily let his ego get in his way and fired Moore.
:hammer:
Fans: Why isn't McCarthy being more of a HC?
McCarthy: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All offensive coordinators and quarterbacks work together at halftime to make adjustments. This is nonsensical feel good stuff.

I would agree, now do you do think they communicate when defense is on the field or after a series when Dak come to the sideline? You do you think they look to make adjustments when they are on the sideline of is this just the 10 min they are in the locker room.

Reactions: BAT

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Brady and Belichick have done this literally hundreds of times, but here it’s celebrated as if it’s innovative.......and of course,historic
yes they have....and both are future HOFers..... and legends and GOATs...

and here it wasn't done for a very long time...more than 10 years....so its nice to see that we caught up to the rest of the NFL

khiladi

Reaction score
You mean Moore decided to feed the ball to Zeke multiple times behind Zach Martin’s blocking to get WRs and TEs wide open, after the Panthers were trying to bandage the wounds Zeke and this front line started giving them…

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Moore is a Linehan guy not Jerry guy at the time.

Linehan loved Kellen, but you are fooling yourself if you do not believe he is a Jerry guy.

And Kellen is beyond Linehan in terms of philosophy. He was practically the OC at Boise State under Petersen.

He is a sponge.

Mike understood this completely when he signed up.

Most importantly, KM is a Dak guy. Dak loves him some Kellen.

For dang good reason.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This is the beginning of the hype machine for our Boys. Four of their next five opponents have just 1 win - NYG (1-3), NE (1-2), MIN (1-3), DEN (3-0), ATL (1-3) & they'll be favored against them all.
200w.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett couldn’t field a RG to save his life. He sucks with the Giants and in 2020, they hardly used pre-snap motion and play-action. It was the same with him over here. We had no real RG in Dallas under Garrett. The delayed draw was basically the only thing we ran and Barber was only a checkdown route in the passing game. And no short passing game.

Dallas under Garrett with Romo basically had to scrap the play and go shot-gun hurry up.

We lucked into Callahan who started rebuilding the blocking schemes to zone with the line and revamping the RG. Guys like Skip Peete were fired and Garrett’s brother, given a PR “not fired, but chance to move on to greater things” departing after 2012-2013 season.

Linehan completely adjusted the offense for Dak. He basically completely eliminated the 5-7 traditional drop step and halfway into Dak’s first season, they used more play-action than Romo did the whole season in 2014, his highest career usage. Linehan multiple times adjusted at half-time by going heavy run, including the GB and Seattle playoff games. Our WR Corp with Dez as the main X didn’t work well with Dak, because Dez doesn’t beat men man on man, he out jumps them. We are loaded at WR now.

khiladi

Reaction score

Probably limited with Tony Romo under Garrett, until he forced it with his new contract…. I mean it was only then that he got input into the game plan preparation, let alone having to try and bail out the garbage game plan preparation after the half:

"I think here going forward, I’ll just be more involved in game-planning," Romo told Jackel. "There are certain things I really believe can help us that we’re going to do some of that. It’s a collective group effort and I think we’re all going to go in there and go to work."

Reports of Romo's role in game-planning initially surfaced in April when ESPN's Ed Werder reported that the 11-year NFL vet would be meeting with the coaching staff twice a week to help in game preparation.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/7/18/4534418/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-game-plan

The amusing thing is, you can see in the Tweet comments how many folks loved Garrett and hated on Romo. These are the same guys most probably saying how trash Garrett was and is, pretending like they never loved him.

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'm guessing Garrett never took the time to do that with Romo or Dak. Lameass HC if there ever was one, and one of the reasons why he's now sucking it up in NY.
TO said he tried to talk to Garrett about adjustments and got ignored. That was yall coach right there. Ignoring football advice from hall of famers lol