Dak and the offense carried the defense again

MS17

Reaction score
Dak is playing the best football of his career. Losing Kellen Moore was addition by subtraction.
Yeah he is. He told the media after the game that he had "prepared his ___ off" for this game. I guess he was serious.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Had to double check, thought @Risen Star posted that....lol
Bland is doing his growth towards a shut down corner. He needs his responses honed more by esperience and field location vulnerability. He observes well. Now fully anticipate to deny receptions beyond an interception. He's already in the NFL record book.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Despite attacking the Seattle offensive line and initiating pressure, Smith and the rest of the Seattle offense operated at a much quicker pace post-snap than what they had throughout the season, which made the Dallas defense work on-the-fly both up front and in the secondary.

"I feel like I was doing a good job getting there fast all game," Parsons said postgame. "Geno was doing a great job getting the ball out fast, and that's not something we had on film. When they did throw it deep, it was max protection. There were some untrained looks that we didn't see on film. It's definitely something to look at again."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/micah-parsons-credits-geno-smith-seahawks-for-big-game

While the Seattle offense scored touchdowns on five of their first seven drives to take an eight-point lead in the fourth quarter, the Dallas defense stood tall in the latter stages of the game and forced a turnover on downs on the Seahawks' final three possessions to come away with the six-point victory.

I assure you the the defense will see parts of this next week...they better start getting ready for similar attacks.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I assure you that the defense will see parts of this next week...they better start getting ready for similar attacks.

FRISCO, TX — There was a narrative swirling over the head of the Dallas Cowboys that claimed they couldn't defeat a team with a winning record, and that they couldn't win a close game against a good team, and that Dak Prescott couldn't set fire to the scoreboard when facing an elite defense; but all three of those allegations were dropped into an open grave on Thursday night.

The gutsy and fiery 41-35 victory over the Seattle Seahawks serves as a message for all.

"Well, I told the team after the game, we need games like this," said head coach Mike McCarthy who called a masterful offensive game from the sideline. "This is what December football looks like. And, you know, we all understand what's in front of us. Because you have to win the close games.

"To get to where you want to go, you have to win these kinds of games. And this was a great example of how you just keep hanging in there and keep playing. At halftime, we were frustrated."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mccarthy-dal-needs-games-like-nailbiter-vs-sea

CCBoy

Reaction score
"You know, we had a lot of penalties called and I think our guys just knuckled down and played, and they had some big plays there in the third quarter," McCarthy added. "But once the fourth quarter came, you know, our guys got it done at the most important time." About that fourth quarter, folks. On a night wherein the heralded Dallas defense struggled for much of the evening against the firepower of D.K. Metcalf, Tyler Lockett and Jaxon Smith-Njigba — Geno Smith doing a masterful job for much of the game in avoiding sacks and creating explosive plays — it was Dak Prescott and the Cowboys' offense that carried the team in a wheelbarrow all the way to victory.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mccarthy-dal-needs-games-like-nailbiter-vs-sea

cowboyed

Reaction score
On vertical routes. Maybe he is a better slot corner.
Before we minimize his capabilities Bland is only in his second season and then has had to cover injured Diggs' territory in the secondary. Donovan Wilson didn't help matters either.

Stak78

Reaction score
Before we minimize his capabilities Bland is only in his second season and then has had to cover injured Diggs' territory in the secondary. Donovan Wilson didn't help matters either.
I agree, Wilson should have been there on that first TD pass to Metcalf. It was very reminiscent of the one Hooker blew earlier in the year that looked like it was all on Diggs. I’m just says perhaps Bland is not as strong against the vertical passes as he is against the crossing and out routes.