Dak (and young Tony) vs elite pass defenses

HungryLion

Reaction score
I've never had any interest in Wentz.

I'm truly saddened that people jumped on the Dak bandwagon and benched/retired a hall of fame quarterback who gave everything to this franchise. Dak isn't NEARLY as good as Romo and I'm not just talking about 2014 Romo, he isn't as good as 2007 Romo either.

I don't know if Dez has take a major dive in his ability, but much of his decline revolves around not having an elite quarterback. The same can be said for Cole Beasley who is terribly underutilized under Dak.

Prescott is 19th in the league in passing yards and 25th in yards per attempt... there isn't a team in the nfl afraid of his arm.

“People” didn’t bench/retire Romo. His body did. The guy was injured for a season and a half straight. He couldn’t stay healthy anymore.

He was physically done.

Cope with it.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
“People” didn’t bench/retire Romo. His body did. The guy was injured for a season and a half straight. He couldn’t stay healthy anymore.

He was physically done.

Cope with it.

Huge myth. He played a great 2014 season, nearly perfect. He had unrelated injuries in 2015 and 2016. During the 2016 season people said he looked better than ever in practice when he came back from his injury. People got caught up with Dak winning games against bad teams.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Huge myth. He played a great 2014 season, nearly perfect. He had unrelated injuries in 2015 and 2016. During the 2016 season people said he looked better than ever in practice when he came back from his injury. People got caught up with Dak winning games against bad teams.

People have been reporting about how great Romo looked for years. They were saying the same thing before he got his back hurt (yet again) during the Seahawks pre season game.

It’s easy to look good physically when you are working out every day and not getting hit.

Romo couldn’t take a hit anymore.

Gator88

Reaction score
People have been reporting about how great Romo looked for years. They were saying the same thing before he got his back hurt (yet again) during the Seahawks pre season game.

It’s easy to look good physically when you are working out every day and not getting hit.

Romo couldn’t take a hit anymore.
That Seahawks hit was a crazy fluke hit. It didn't matter what QB was in there, they were going to be injured as well. Romo was just extremely unlucky to be the QB in a preseason game no less.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Romo was a better quarterback than Prescott in so many different ways. Prescott is more cautious with the ball to this point, and wouldn't make many of the throws that Romo did.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That Seahawks hit was a crazy fluke hit. It didn't matter what QB was in there, they were going to be injured as well. Romo was just extremely unlucky to be the QB in a preseason game no less.

And what about all the previous injuries before that?

Crazy/fluke hits?

Gator88

Reaction score
And what about all the previous injuries before that?

Crazy/fluke hits?
Most of his injuries didn't stop him from playing other than broken collarbones.

His games missed due to injuries from pro football reference, ignoring last year are:

Take out the 2 times where he had a broken collarbone and he had 5 missed games in 8 seasons before last year, so yeah I'd say unlucky.

Rodgers has had 2 seasons with broken collarbones as well, is he pretty much ready to retire?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Most of his injuries didn't stop him from playing other than broken collarbones.

His games missed due to injuries from pro football reference, ignoring last year are:

Take out the 2 times where he had a broken collarbone and he had 5 missed games in 8 seasons before last year, so yeah I'd say unlucky.

Rodgers has had 2 seasons with broken collarbones as well, is he pretty much ready to retire?

Let’s ignore the fact that he has a season ending back injury, that would have cost him a full season, had it not happened in the15th game. And it pretty much did cost the cowboys the playoffs basically because in a win or go home final game. They were stuck with Kyle Orton at QB.

Also, listing Romo’s games missed when he was 25 is pointless. The guy couldn’t stay healthy the last two seasons in the league. Period.

Gator88

Reaction score
Let’s ignore the fact that he has a season ending back injury, that would have cost him a full season, had it not happened in the15th game. And it pretty much did cost the cowboys the playoffs basically because in a win or go home final game. They were stuck with Kyle Orton at QB.

Also, listing Romo’s games missed when he was 25 is pointless. The guy couldn’t stay healthy the last two seasons in the league. Period.

:rolleyes: I guess Rodgers, Luck, and Watson might as well retire if 1 or 2 flukey injuries means that you can't stay healthy, period.