Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

erod

Reaction score
Its going to happen. The only thing holding it back is the incompetence of the NFLPA
Football is much different.

Teams matter more than players.

Eliminate LeBron, Kawhi, Durant, and Curry, and the NBA would suffer badly.

Eliminate Zeke, Brady, Watt, Rodgers, Saquon, Brees, Dak, Mahomes, Mack, and 10 others, and the NFL wouldn't miss a beat.

erod

Reaction score
Its going to happen. The only thing holding it back is the incompetence of the NFLPA
Oh, and......

Dak
Wilson
Watson
Newton
Murray
Mahomes
Winston
Haskins
Jackson
Bridgewater
Tua... soon

You're "quarterbacks are white" comment was ridiculous.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
The average NFL career is under 4 seasons, less for a RB and QB. So anyone who thinks they're the authority over another person's career and employment are completely out of bounds. They deserve to get as much as they can.

Exactly right.

I would want to get paid as much as I can while I play as hard as I can with the goal of winning a championship.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Not exactly accurate. Plenty of system guys have produced in various cities and have never gotten paid based on production.

If Zeke and most importantly other organizations in the league believe he is the best in the league at his position then he will get paid as the best in the league at his position.
I haven't seen that Zeke is asking for Demarcus Lawrence money.

RBs are not that important in todays NFL.

You cant compare what Zeke wants to any other position. You have to compare a RBs value to the money you going to invest into this position.

This has nothing to do with Zeke. He is a great player. This is only about RBs will not get payed alot of money. If you do, just ask the Rams and how they feel about Gurley now.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The average NFL career is under 4 seasons, less for a RB and QB. So anyone who thinks they're the authority over another person's career and employment are completely out of bounds. They deserve to get as much as they can.

Yeah let’s pay Dak, Cooper and Zeke so much that they take up 50 percent of the cap.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I've said this before...

Funny how when players sign with the Pats, they do so not with the intention of being one of the highest paid at their position, but to win a championship. And yet with this team, it *feels* more "me first" than team first. Perhaps it's because they don't respect our coaching staff, and they figure "if I'm gonna be stuck in Dallas without any chance of a championship, I may as well get paid." Stephen Jones already said he doesn't want to be a trend setter with these type of contracts, and I agree with him.

This whole issue is an NFLPA problem with the rookie contract structure and salary cap. Why the players aren't taking it out on them instead going after the owners is beyond me.

The owners don't have a cash flow problem, they never have. They have a salary cap constraint, and as far as I can tell, it was not self imposed. Jerry did not want this in 1993, after 2 straight SB titles.

Lastly, the players need to take a long hard look at the players union in major league baseball. Look at the sweet deal those guys get. No salary cap. If a player gets let go, the team must still honor the terms of his contract. Boom. If I were both NFL and MLB material, it would be a simple decision as to which path I'd take.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
that argument cements EE, all he wants is Gurley Money and Gurley guarantees and the fact that TG had that knee coming into the league and the Rams still paid him TOP Market setter, Zeke should deserve 15 , why not its RB money? I mean on his own team hes arguably the best player and will end up 4th or 5th in salary, look around the league at JAGs making 15plus..

Zeke is 25 just turned 25 has 3-4 great years left in him given hes in hims prime, THATS WHY HES HOLDING OUT, IMO IT WORKS FOR BOTH SIDES TO LOCK HIM UP NOW 2YEARS EARLY MEANS 2 MORE YEARS HES EARNING AN DNOT DECLINING..makes too much sense.. Zeke is asking ofr what hes already earned and what he can actually play out..hes top Rb wants top RB PAY..anyone confused , im not..he had no choice but to HO 2 years eft its his only time to get 15 when teams cant use age and mileage as an argument 2 years from not and get the Ft and cut..im on his side when typically im not..

BTW just because you are a good starter at your postion ie Amari and Dak doesnt mean you are lock at next man up to set th market or even get ABOVE YOUR PAY GRADE.. asking for more then 30 on Dak and more then 17 on Amari is way out of line , there are QBs starters making less then 30 and they are both out tof the top 10, hard to understand, not for me.. Dak and Amari are asking for more then they deserve regardless of their position..many QBs making under 30 dak should feel lucky to get 30 when your numbers are below 10 ranked..

zeke is the ONLY player on this team that has EARNED to be top of market at his position.. hes not asking for QB money so your argument is MOOT..he wants top RB money and well he has earned it..

Zeke is not asking for TG money. That was Stephen Jones who said the negotiations will start there. But i am with all the media guys who think SJ didnt mean this year. He was talking about next year.

Zeke already earned 20 mil dollars and is up to another 12 mils for 2019 and 2020. So you cant compare him to Dak who is on an a xxx K dollar contract still.

Zeke is 25. Good RB usually decline by the time they are 27. Thats 2-3 years left for him. Given he wont have any major injuries. But he gets alot of touches. Thats a risk for his longlivity.

Zeke wants the highest RB contract. He has alot of off field issues. And thats a big risk.

He does not care that JJ supported him thru all the crap he did. And he does not show any signs to change his behaviour.

Zeke is all about money. So my example was about that. If you are like Zeke you should have played another position. But you decided to be a RB. Now go live with the consequences. And that is RBs are not of a great value to teams even if they are their best player. You dont pay RBs big money. You replace them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.
I tell you this place is so entertaining. You get to see some of the most stupid and ignorant things ever said about the Cowboys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have terrific options with Dak right now.

This year, plus three franchise tags after that.

Imagine:

Year 1: $2 million
Year 2: $32 million
Year 3: $35 million
Year 4: $38 million

That's only $26.75 million per year average, with no long-term strings attached. You can drop him like a rock if his play regresses or he gets hurt, or a better option comes along. You are not hamstrung at all through that time period.

Or, if suddenly he develops into an elite quarterback, you back up the truck and lock him up.

The best option is actually to let him play out the year and become a free agent. It will bring his value back to reality. Let him come back to SJ begging for that 30 million dollar deal.

superonyx

Reaction score
RBs are not that important in todays NFL.

You cant compare what Zeke wants to any other position. You have to compare a RBs value to the money you going to invest into this position.

This has nothing to do with Zeke. He is a great player. This is only about RBs will not get payed alot of money. If you do, just ask the Rams and how they feel about Gurley now.

Let's compare Zeke's value to what he will produce. Would you rather go into the season without Demarcus Lawrence at 20M per year or Zeke at 15m? Lawrence has been injured every season of his career and these are back injuries which dont tend to go away with age or huge paychecks.

Its cute to try to compare what Zeke wants to make to a JAG like Tevin Coleman ect and come away and say he is a RB so he isnt that important. We have a run first team and I feel more confident that Zeke will earn his paycheck than giving this money to Lawrence or Byron Jones.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Lecturing someone on the wealth gap, spoken from the experienced position of...…...someone who knows someone that knows someone who has money?

um, no - read again (hard, i know).
someone with experience *managing* wealthy people's money.
yes - seeing someone who has ~$50M and someone with ~$100M is a HUGE difference. $50M to $250M isn't even in the same league. it's different worlds.
someone who will never have to make the decision to let go of $20M lecturing the people making that decision...do you not realize how dumb that sounds? not one person here would sacrifice $20M. not. one.

erod

Reaction score
The best option is actually to let him play out the year and become a free agent. It will bring his value back to reality. Let him come back to SJ begging for that 30 million dollar deal.
That would allow us to use the franchise tag on Amari, too, if needed.

Plankton

Reaction score
The owners don't have a cash flow problem, they never have. They have a salary cap constraint, and as far as I can tell, it was not self imposed. Jerry did not want this in 1993, after 2 straight SB titles.

The bolded is absolutely untrue. Jerry Jones was one of the biggest proponents of bringing on a salary cap. All owners want cost certainty.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Who made this salary cap?

Oh that's right ....... The same guys who pretend it handicaps them.

They don't have to "pretend it handicaps them", it DOES handicap them. It makes little difference "who made this salary cap", it still has to be dealt with as long as it's in place. Personally I wish they would take parity, salary caps and free agency and shove it, and return football to a sport instead of a chaotic money grabbing high dollar free-for-all.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bolded is absolutely untrue. Jerry Jones was one of the biggest proponents of bringing on a salary cap. All owners want cost certainty.

Which in hindsight was foolish for Dallas but great for the players. What so many on here don't understand is that you can't have free agency without a salary cap and maintain competitive balance. The big market teams would crush the smaller market teams like GB and Pittsburgh. Daniel Snyder would spend twice the cap allotment if he were allowed while GB would struggle to sign their stars.

The cap era has lead to a huge escalation in player salaries as it obligates teams to spend their cap dollars. Its been great for players..........just not the Dallas Cowboys.