Dak Answers Question "Are You A $40 Million QB"?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe he's trying to cash in because he knows he's reached his ceiling...........money has replaced winning on his priority list.............be gone loser you don't deserve to wear the Star........take Zeke and Dlaw with you........we want real Cowboys here........neither of you could have played the teams of our past.
Did you listen to the clip? He didn't say he was a $40 MM QB, he dodged the question.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, and greed and disloyalty to the team puts it in the express lane.
I haven't seen either. He is letting his agent handle the contract, as he should. That's the process. And he has never said anything other than he wants to remain a Cowboy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
IMO, what he should have said is something along the lines of, "I'd rather keep the money discussions between the Team and my Agent." To me, one of the biggest mistakes a player can make is to try and leverage public opinion in a negotiation like this. I just don't see where it does anybody any good. Don't get me wrong, if I woke up tomorrow and read that the Cowboys paid Dak 40 annually, over three years, I'd be pissed as all get out but it would be lessened because it would not have been discussed for months etc. Less discord among the fan base etc. I just think it's better if you keep that kind of stuff under raps.

JMO

Whyjerry

Reaction score
To be fair. I’ve never once seen a quote from Dak that said he expects 40.

not once.

In this video. It appeared that he was just doing his best to deflect the question without directly answering it.

I love the guy. They need to get a deal done with him that makes sense for both sides. He can't get Russell Wilson money. He just can't.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, what he should have said is something along the lines of, "I'd rather keep the money discussions between the Team and my Agent." To me, one of the biggest mistakes a player can make is to try and leverage public opinion in a negotiation like this. I just don't see where it does anybody any good. Don't get me wrong, if I woke up tomorrow and read that the Cowboys paid Dak 40 annually, over three years, I'd be pissed as all get out but it would be lessened because it would not have been discussed for months etc. Less discord among the fan base etc. I just think it's better if you keep that kind of stuff under raps.

JMO
He essentially did say that. He said he trusts his agent and he trusts the Cowboys and he is confident they will get something worked out.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He essentially did say that. He said he trusts his agent and he trusts the Cowboys and he is confident they will get something worked out.

If, in fact, he did say that, then good for him. I don't know, I can't get the feed.

sean10mm

Reaction score
His words are empty......I'm watching his actions.

What do you think you're watching, exactly?

His agent and the Cowboys are negotiating out of our view.

Hard to get more "empty" than extrapolating on a message board from twitter rumors.

Wapp5200

Reaction score
Not worth 40 mi . Not too many are. He's good, not great . Not much out there to pick from so they will sign him. As for the number he gets, we'll see soon!

zerofill

Reaction score
If you're referring to Zeke and Dlaw yes I do...........and their performance has done nothing to change my opinion.............I can't stand the get paid then retire mentality.

I liked DLAW at first... but now, after actually paying more attention to the person, I think he retired mentally at birth.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep, when asked if he's a 40 million dollar QB, he responded, "you tell me."

Now, that's anything but a direct response, imho. :rolleyes:

Just business, as usual . . . ;)
I wish I was doing that interview I would of looked at him and said why did you turn down 33 mil?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
His words are empty......I'm watching his actions.

A little off topic but towards your point..It's actually pretty crazy but there are a lot of people that can sit at a table with 10 people for an hour. Once that hour is over you could ask all 10 of them these 2 simple questions..

1) Who was the most uncomfortable
2) Who was the most bored

I bet at that table 1 MAYBE 2 people would know the answers. The crazy part...the other 8 or 9 people would be shocked that those 1 or 2 people were spot on on their answers. A lot of people in this world are so self absorbed in their own thoughts and actions that what is happening around them is the last thing on their mind. I am not very talented at anything in this world, but I will brag till my death that I can read people very well through actions and responses and how they are even sitting. It's actually a curse because anywhere I go I'm always worried about the person who isn't having a good time so I try harder to make them have fun ( even if I don't know them well ).

What my point is boiling down to is I agree 100% with what you are saying about reading his actions. He thinks he is worth a lot more then he is. I don't know if it's 40 million but he is a lot higher on himself then he should be.

starfan1

Reaction score
If you're referring to Zeke and Dlaw yes I do...........and their performance has done nothing to change my opinion.............I can't stand the get paid then retire mentality.
that's the 2 and that fair. I respect your consistency.