Dak Answers Question "Are You A $40 Million QB"?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I guess it is... sounds odd as past tense lol

I would only use "bet" as past tense as well... This sounds like some of the crap that got added to the dictionary later lol.

EDIT:
LOL I had to look that up more... So it is a word, just not typically considered the correct way. I feel like maybe Dez taught him that word?

Arguing with yourself over semantics?

Language is fluid and arbitrary.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lets be honest, Brady got more "team friendly" because he is currently married to someone who makes far more money then he could playing football which makes the money you get playing football largely immaterial. It also helps that he gets some lets just say creative deals for his outside businesses with the Pats.
It'a been posted thousands of times how women are branded aa gold diggers. Well, karma has a way of finding itself back no matter what. Let it be known, The GOAT is nothing but a gold digger as well. :lmao:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's kind of how the world works. Something is only as valuable as what someone else is willing to pay.

If someone offers me a job at $250,000 a year, then you best believe I am quarter of a million dollar employee.
:thumbup:
That's what some don't seem to get. There is market for everything, and that's what sets the price. Posters merely making a comment about what a player should get paid do not set the market.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe he's trying to cash in because he knows he's reached his ceiling...........money has replaced winning on his priority list.............be gone loser you don't deserve to wear the Star........take Zeke and Dlaw with you........we want real Cowboys here........neither of you could have played the teams of our past.
I’ve always said give me a bunch of solid football players I will win a championship. That’s what San Francisco did. Well almost. But point still remains keep your pre-Madonna’s. I agree

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t deny any player in the entire league wanting his do or even trying to exceed it. What I don’t like is being a franchise giving up the money for the rest of the team. That being said. I think it all starts with Prescott and I think the kid is a winner. It’s Elliott I would not have paid

Section446

Reaction score
Maybe he's trying to cash in because he knows he's reached his ceiling...........money has replaced winning on his priority list.............be gone loser you don't deserve to wear the Star........take Zeke and Dlaw with you........we want real Cowboys here........neither of you could have played the teams of our past.
He hit his ceiling in his rookie year.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It looks like this chic wants to put her foot in his crotch... smh/lol

Swagger

Reaction score
People do not hate Prescott. They, including myself, merely question his actual value.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He made big improvements last year because he continuously works on his game. So why would he think he’s reached his ceiling? Answer is he knows he hasn’t

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Is your thought that McCarthy can be Dak's new Romo?
Lol, IDK about that. Wish I could foresee the future like some posters lol.

I just believe Romo was the reason (Dak) "he hit his ceiling in his rookie year".

shabazz

Reaction score
People do not hate Prescott. They, including myself, merely question his actual value.

Of course your 100% correct. The Dakota hype men here have been slinging the "Hate" word around here for anybody critical of Dakota........Its lame, but its a mechanism perpetuated on social media to silence people........not gonna work here

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak will for sure be the highest paid QB in franchise history.

If he doesn’t live up to it— he will easily become the most hated QB in franchise history.

Hate that we may pay elite money to a good (but not elite) QB— weaken the team— miss out on adding other quality players bc of cap constraints— and wind up right back here in 5 years.... still needing a great QB.
The thing about all of this is that while some think QB is our key to getting back to being elite..

the reality has always been the vast majority of the team MUST be in place, functioning and that includes the coaches.

We just went thru the biggest coaching change since Landry left.

This is going to take time. We are going to need to lose a couple of years to get some high draft picks to add more zip to the team.

Defense is undermanned, ST is completely non-competitive (needs PR, KO return, punter and PK).

Offense despite keeping Moore is switching to WCO.

So..I have throttled back expectations and just waiting to see how he do.

If we were watching another team doing this, we would be writing them off as an easy win on our schedule.

But becuz we are so rabid..we as fans will not accept this. But it's not going to be easy in 2020.

Just being realistic yet hopeful.