Dak at 38 Million vs Tom Brady at 30 Million

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The people of Boston started a revolution when they wanted to tax their tea, would do you think would happen if the QB that won them 6 Super Bowls would do if the team let Brady walk.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
The smartest move for the Cowboys is to Franchise Dak with the transition tag. This will let us all know what his value really is. If another team wants to pay him $38 million, we can either match it, or get two first round picks. If we choose the latter, you bring in a guy like Brady or Rivers for two years and draft your future QB with one of those number 1's.

Jenky

Reaction score
Give me Brady and two Super Bowls with these weapons please

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I’ll play QB for the Cowboys for $3 million per year for as long as they’ll have me but that’s not getting them any closer to a championship.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Brady is just about done.

I agree but it’s ok.. You put him behind our Oline, Zeke, our WRs, and in a dome and you can squeeze a couple more years out of him.

You also get similar at worst QB play and you allow yourself to get out of paying a slightly above mediocre QB long term.
We
This is the move.. We can be the Denver Bronco’s in this situation if we so choose. Or we can go status quo.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowherd has said this before. Just a couple of weeks ago we had that thread. Doesn't make any more sense today than it did back then.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Dak is better than Brady at this point, and we wouldn't have a long term answer at qb. I'd rather pay Dak and use our draft picks to build up the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The smartest move for the Cowboys is to Franchise Dak with the transition tag. This will let us all know what his value really is. If another team wants to pay him $38 million, we can either match it, or get two first round picks. If we choose the latter, you bring in a guy like Brady or Rivers for two years and draft your future QB with one of those number 1's.
The challenge with that is timing. By the time Prescott gets shopped around Brady and Rivers will be gone unless they're demanding a lot.

The real question is what FA QB best fits Big Mike's O? And what do they do for the next QB? Hope that Love falls to them at 17?

willia451

Reaction score
I agree but it’s ok.. You put him behind our Oline, Zeke, our WRs, and in a dome and you can squeeze a couple more years out of him.

You also get similar at worst QB play and you allow yourself to get out of paying a slightly above mediocre QB long term.
We
This is the move.. We can be the Denver Bronco’s in this situation if we so choose. Or we can go status quo.
Denver had a much better defense than we do.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Denver had a much better defense than we do.

Yeah. So what though... Dak needs that level of defense anyways.

Manning went to 2 Superbowls in Denver.. I don’t remember how good their defense was when they lost to Seattle.

willia451

Reaction score
I would offer Brady 20m for 2 years at this point in his career. He's 42 and about to fall off a cliff. If he has 2 good years left in him I'd be surprised. But it would give us time to fix the defense and ST and draft our new QB while he's out there flailing around.

And he would put butts in the seats. The media storm would be epic.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would offer Brady 20m for 2 years at this point in his career. He's 42 and about to fall off a cliff. If he has 2 good years left in him I'd be surprised. But it would give us time to fix the defense and ST and draft our new QB while he's out there flailing around.

You could offer...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Give me Tom but we have to push for a top QB in the draft while he is here.
sorry you cant have both if we get Tom we need resources to better strengthen the payers around him not give up a draft for the top QB.. you might want to think deeper on what that means to have qb with 2 years left, aging like PManning but make sure you have a draft to fix 2019s team while you are at it..meaning top 3 picks most likely defense..so a 4th round QB yes but Tom scares me hes not the old tom not even 5 yrs aging tom, he struggled mightily and needs as much help as dak to succeed..This Team ie the Defense needs to be rebuilt and thats lot of draft and FA resources, we cant get a qb in the top 10 we cant afford what it would cost like the entire draft lol 17-5 would cost a bundle plus some..Tom Barely made it through 2019 had it not been for SPECIAL special teams, great defense and coaching. he needs that and at the moment we do not have it..

Dak not worth 38 but id take dak at 30 over TomB..lol if Dak could see the reasons why then this could get worked out quicker..thats the conundrum dak needs a great team around him as well and why its tough too imagine him getting 38..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It would be so fun and it would instantly raise the bar. The players on the team wouldn’t have time to sulk about Dak leaving because the moment Brady walks through that door everyone knows they have to raise their level of play.

You sink everything into a 2 year plan to win a championship...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
sorry you cant have both if we get Tom we need resources to better strengthen the payers around him not give up a draft for the top QB.. you might want to think deeper on what that means to have qb with 2 years left, aging like PManning but make sure you have a draft to fix 2019s team while you are at it..meaning top 3 picks most likely defense..so a 4th round QB yes but Tom scares me hes not the old tom not even 5 yrs aging tom, he struggled mightily and needs as much help as dak to succeed..This Team ie the Defense needs to be rebuilt and thats lot of draft and FA resources, we cant get a qb in the top 10 we cant afford what it would cost like the entire draft lol 17-5 would cost a bundle plus some..Tom Barely made it through 2019 had it not been for SPECIAL special teams, great defense and coaching. he needs that and at the moment we do not have it..

Dak not worth 38 but id take dak at 30 over TomB..lol if Dak could see the reasons why then this could get worked out quicker..thats the conundrum dak needs a great team around him as well and why its tough too imagine him getting 38..
Good stuff.