Dak at 38 Million vs Tom Brady at 30 Million

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It would be so fun and it would instantly raise the bar. The players on the team wouldn’t have time to sulk about Dak leaving because the moment Brady walks through that door everyone knows they have to raise their level of play.

You sink everything into a 2 year plan to win a championship...
If only...
I dream of gold bars raining in my backyard too.

snapper

Reaction score
Wow! I have two things in common with Tom Brady!

I would look good in a Cowboys uniform, and I'm too old to be an effective QB. :thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just get it done with Dak already.
6 years 240Mil
60mil Sign On 192 Mil Guaranteed. These yearly cap hits won't be horrible with the growing cap.

Year 1 Base 18m Cap Hit 28m
Year 2 Base 24m Cap Hit 34m
Year 3 Base 27m Cap Hit 37m
Year 4 Base 30m Cap Hit 40m
Year 5 Base 33m Cap Hit 43m
Year 6 Base 48m Cap Hit 58m Have a team option to restructure or release after year 5. To release him after year 5 would only be the 10mil cap hit if the base is not guaranteed.
HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? that's a ridiculous amount of guaranteed money, thats not happening..so Goff and wentz got 110 and you are giving Dak 192? *** kind of math is that, maybe you meant 92?

Corso

Reaction score
He doesn't have to take it. Either way ok.

Just for clarity. That's 20m per year for 2 years. Not 20m total. :)
I know.
Trust: If he may not sign for 30 in New England, he ain't signing for 20 in Dallas.

Edit: and then he has to work an extra year to get an extra 10?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If only...
I dream of gold bars raining in my backyard too.

This is called going for it... Just like Denver did, the Eagles did, and how the Rams attempted too go for it.

You want to stay mediocre then keep signing your do nothing vets and try to fill holes in the draft.

Or go sign Tom Brady and load up on vet deals you can get out of in 2 or 3 years.

This is a championship move.

Corso

Reaction score
This is called going for it... Just like Denver did, the Eagles did, and how the Rams attempted too go for it.

You want to stay mediocre then keep signing your do nothing vets and try to fill holes in the draft.

Or go sign Tom Brady and load up on vet deals you can get out of in 2 or 3 years.
Yeah... you didn't even get my point.
You go for it by asking your dream dudes to come for a relative pittance and see what happens.
He doesn't even like Dallas.

He can play for 1 year in the place he's a God with the coach he's always known, or he can go to Las Vegas for probably much more, or he can go to Dallas and have to work for 2 years for an extra 10 milly.

Yeah... that's going for it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah... you didn't even get my point.
You go for it by asking your dream dudes to come for a relative pittance and see what happens.
He doesn't even like Dallas.

He can play for 1 year in the place he's a God with the coach he's always known, or he can go to Las Vegas for probably much more, or he can go to Dallas and have to work for 2 years for an extra 10 milly.

Yeah... that's going for it.

Yeah... I get that...

I do think Belichick and Brady both would like to cement their legacy without each other and Brady has a better chance here then he does anywhere else if he can just get a commitment from the Jones’s to go for it.

willia451

Reaction score
I know.
Trust: If he may not sign for 30 in New England, he ain't signing for 20 in Dallas.

Edit: and then he has to work an extra year to get an extra 10?

Well. If you put it like THAT. Of course its going to sound bad. :(

Corso

Reaction score
Yeah... I get that...

I do think Belichick and Brady both would like to cement their legacy without each other and Brady has a better chance here then he does anywhere else if he can just get a commitment from the Jones’s to go for it.
30 milly per for 2 years all guaranteed could get it done.
That's going for it.

Big_D

Reaction score
It would be weird to see Tom Brady in a Cowboy uniform that's for sure.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Just get it done with Dak already.
6 years 240Mil
60mil Sign On 192 Mil Guaranteed. These yearly cap hits won't be horrible with the growing cap.

Year 1 Base 18m Cap Hit 28m
Year 2 Base 24m Cap Hit 34m
Year 3 Base 27m Cap Hit 37m
Year 4 Base 30m Cap Hit 40m
Year 5 Base 33m Cap Hit 43m
Year 6 Base 48m Cap Hit 58m Have a team option to restructure or release after year 5. To release him after year 5 would only be the 10mil cap hit if the base is not guaranteed.

You need some explanations. Normally as the years go by on a contract the cap hit goes down but on your example it's doing the complete opposite and goes up. If you're counting bonuses, those are averaged out over the life of the contract and don't continue to climb. Then the Cowboys aren't going to put the majority of Prescott's pay in the form of bonuses - that gives the Cowboys no, zip, nada protections.

Corso

Reaction score
You need some explanations. Normally as the years go by on a contract the cap hit goes down but on your example it's doing the complete opposite and goes up. If you're counting bonuses, those are averaged out over the life of the contract and don't continue to climb. Then the Cowboys aren't going to put the majority of Prescott's pay in the form of bonuses - that gives the Cowboys no, zip, nada protections.
Maybe restructures that weren't explained fully?
I'm just spit-balling here.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Belichick trades Brady to San Fran for Garopollo. San Fran plays New England in the Super Bowl. It’s ratings gold.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I agree but it’s ok.. You put him behind our Oline, Zeke, our WRs, and in a dome and you can squeeze a couple more years out of him.

You also get similar at worst QB play and you allow yourself to get out of paying a slightly above mediocre QB long term.
We
This is the move.. We can be the Denver Bronco’s in this situation if we so choose. Or we can go status quo.

Agreed. Brady doesn’t have to be elite with a route runner like Amari, burner like Gallup, slot man with Cobb, and the bowling ball of Zeke behind our Oline.

I just don’t think Brady wants to be a part of this JJ circus.