Dak beat GB in post-season, Dallas’s defense lost it

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Pretty sure you could add some catches and yards to these totals also. I guarantee every defensive coordinator in the league is telling his team if we shut down Zeke we win the game. Dak shuts down all by himself for long periods of time.
Hasn't been too hard to shut Zeke down. The only thing defenses have to worry about Zeke is the punishment they take while tackling him. The dude has moved like molasses since his rookie year.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak bears the responsibilities for his mistakes. I don't make excuses for him. I am not overly obsessive about hating him like you do.

How does one hate someone they never met? I, along with many others, do not have an emotional attachment to Dak like the Dak lovers do but rather see Dak for what he is: an average QB who is seen as 'elite' because he puts up a lot of passing stats that do not equate to deep playoff runs. People can blame the defense or special teams or coaching or groundskeepers.....but there is something amiss with Dak wherein this team is not successful so for me and others, we feel it's time to blow up this organization from the top down as the culture is one of showboating me first players who see this as a business and not as football.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
How does one hate someone they never met? I, along with many others, do not have an emotional attachment to Dak like the Dak lovers do but rather see Dak for what he is: an average QB who is seen as 'elite' because he puts up a lot of passing stats that do not equate to deep playoff runs. People can blame the defense or special teams or coaching or groundskeepers.....but there is something amiss with Dak wherein this team is not successful so for me and others, we feel it's time to blow up this organization from the top down as the culture is one of showboating me first players who see this as a business and not as football.
Drop the BS man. You know dang good and well we are discussing Dak the QB and not Dak the human being you never met. You spend most of your time here railing against Dak as our QB. Good Lord.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Gregg go back and look, it's the same guys who post the same crap every day. where were you at when they were saying he was better than troy and Brady? in the basement checking out the garrett pictures?
Yea, they post the same crap but I’ve never seen them make the claims you have stated as such.

"He's the best quarterback ever, better than Rodgers, the Manning brothers, Troy, and well every quarterback to ever play"

Show me one post where someone said that .

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Drop the BS man. You know dang good and well we are discussing Dak the QB and not Dak the human being you never met. You spend most of your time here railing against Dak as our QB. Good Lord.

Well considering hate is a human emotion I am confused on how you first claim I hate Dak and yet now claim it's not about Dak the human being.

As for Dak the QB, no I do not approve of the job he has done so far in Dallas and no I do not support giving him a big new contract or $37M franchise tag but rather allowing him to find a deal elsewhere and recouping the draft picks so this team can rebuild. I also support moving on from Jaylon Smith, Ezekiel Elliott, and Demarcus Lawrence too as that is my right as a football fan and human being.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well considering hate is a human emotion I am confused on how you first claim I hate Dak and yet now claim it's not about Dak the human being.

As for Dak the QB, no I do not approve of the job he has done so far in Dallas and no I do not support giving him a big new contract or $37M franchise tag but rather allowing him to find a deal elsewhere and recouping the draft picks so this team can rebuild. I also support moving on from Jaylon Smith, Ezekiel Elliott, and Demarcus Lawrence too as that is my right as a football fan and human being.
Because constantly bashing someone in an online forum is called hating or being a hater.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Yea, they post the same crap but I’ve never seen them make the claims you have stated as such.

"He's the best quarterback ever, better than Rodgers, the Manning brothers, Troy, and well every quarterback to ever play"

Show me one post where someone said that .

Shouldn't be hard to find, happens daily. He's constantly elevated to Mahomes/Rogers/Brady status by some posters around here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Shouldn't be hard to find, happens daily. He's constantly elevated to Mahomes/Rogers/Brady status by some posters around here.
But not better than them and the rest of the league. And why I called out this post .

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
...or someone that simply points out through statistics rather than emotions the error in offering Dak a contract extension.
I do the same thing with Zeke. It’s still a hater. I am fine with the label. Not sure why you guys have an issue with it. You’re constantly against our QB. Would you prefer we call it a peach instead?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
...or someone that simply points out through statistics rather than emotions the error in offering Dak a contract extension.
Yes, logic and reason tend to be a struggling position in social media attempting to endure the tribal emotions offered by those spinning their alternative views.

This generations definition of hater is basically anyone who continually criticizes or attempts to hold accountable.

The labels intent is to discredit the messenger since they don’t approve of the message.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I do the same thing with Zeke. It’s still a hater. I am fine with the label. Not sure why you guys have an issue with it. You’re constantly against our QB. Would you prefer we call it a peach instead?

I see: so if we are 'against' signing Dak or wanting to clean house with the likes of Zeke, J. Smith, or DLaw we are called haters. I guess the same approach is done for those that use emotions to support re-signing Dak in that they are called Dak lovers.

This group is a reflection of this nation today: when people disagree on a topic debate is not allowed but immediately going to name calling and insults.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see: so if we are 'against' signing Dak or wanting to clean house with the likes of Zeke, J. Smith, or DLaw we are called haters. I guess the same approach is done for those that use emotions to support re-signing Dak in that they are called Dak lovers.

This group is a reflection of this nation today: when people disagree on a topic debate is not allowed but immediately going to name calling and insults.
Yes, it’s a lazy means of surrendering the argument by insulting or attempting to discredit the messenger.

And in most social media forums could be considered against the rules depending on the extremes members go to.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

No, if you are against it you are not a hater. When you spend the amount of time you do being a broken record on the subject, you become a hater. Yes, the ones who constantly defend Dak are lovers.

Let me throw this at you, I am a Dak lover who is against signing him. LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well I am not a fan of dak, I used to be back in 16, but he has a lot of flaws, and while great at time, he is also really bad at times.
He also doesnt seem very smart or cool while on the field under pressure. He is smart off the field, but not during the games.

ONe thing that makes rodgers great and brady too, is they stay cool and smart during the game, rodgers is great at this.

And I dont blame the losses on Dak solely , maybe a few, but it is a team sport, which includes coaches, and there are always many to blame
in losses. Heck JG lost some games just with game mgmt flaws, so did MM this season lol.

But the same thing applys to stats, dak fans go on and on about his stats, and # 1 offense when team was 1-3 lol , and that is crazy.
A qb gets stats with the help of the OL, the RB, the guys who catch the passes etc.
I see guys catch what to me is a bad pass, but they make a great catch, and the qb is then glorified on that, and that pass will become a + part of the stats,
even though it was a bad throw.

Dak is a decent QB, and at times he been very good, but he isnt worth the amount he is asking for. And I dont think he will
lead the team to a SB, I dont know that any QB could do that here , with our gm and our coaches.

And more on topic, both GB games, dak did not play all that good until team was way behind, but JG also had some boo boo's in game mgmt that hurt,
so I cant put it all on dak. But at times he could have and should have ad libbed to get the score in red zone to overcome his coaches, but he didnt.

The ram game I dont remember that one much , would have to watch it again.

And let me point out that dak knows very well what our defense is like, and he has still said he thinks they can win a SB , that he can lead the team to wins
in playoffs, but he hasnt, so is he not smart enough to know he cant do that with our defense, or is he just BS'ing people?

With our defense dak would have to be really great to get to a SB, and honestly he just isnt good enough to do that, not consistenly good enough.
And on top of the defense there is our coaches lol, so those 2 things are going to make it hard for any qb to lead team to a SB.

To be honest again, I get tired of hearing about dak, the dak contract thing last year wore me out and made me like him even less.
And when people glorify him with stats etc, that too is irritating, and just makes me like him less.

I figure jerry will sign him, overpay, and he will be the main guy here for at least 3 more years, I have accepted that. And with dak and all the other
problems with this team and org, I am not expecting any SB's lol, they will be doing good to ever get past div round.

It took tom brady 1 year to get past div round, just think about that lol. His HC isnt that great, and actually tom did it in spite of arians being a bozo.
Tom didnt play all that great every game, but I think the brady effect on the whole team made them go this far.
TB were losers who could not even make playoffs, add brady and gronk and presto !! they are in NFC champ game, in one season!!!!!!!!!
Do they do that without brady??? I dont think so, take what you want from that, but qb's cant win games by themselves, but they can make a difference.
this was long, but appreciated....one thing. no one claims Dak is Brady...Brady is GOAT. Brady played for Bilicheck and became the GOAT under him.....you are laughing and faulting Dak because he is not the GOAT? can anyone you can think of compete with that? you are talking about Brady a multi generational player.....find me one of those and I will shut up.....and to your point, Brady hasn't been his greatest, but Tampa was 7-9 last season, with a QB who threw as many interceptions as TD (30)....adding Brady, his influence, his calm and Gronk as helped them get over the top. allowing them to manage tough in game situations.

I also disagree, I think Dak is good under pressure, he raises his game, seemingly becoming more focused, making the tough plays, that's why he has had so many comebacks and he has made so many come close in the end....that sense of urgency needs to be displayed for 4 quarters, but in a way that's tough to do. the challenge for him is to overcome the dysfunctional organization that's the Cowboys and that's a very tall task.

also, you mentioned WRs making a tough catch etc. no one denies they do...but how often. is that the norm? if the QB is not accurate, doesn't make the right throws etc. how long before he doesn't make completions, etc. ....that's why looking at a season, two season or 4 season's worth of stat, those kind of spactacular tough catches tend to get normalized. so we can't pick a catch here, a throw there and make generalizations.

I am also glad that you mention wins/losses are a team accomplishment and failure, with QB included, but I get tired of everyone harping on records and tying it to Dak and only Dak. at least you have some sense. To say the cowboys TEAM has underwhelmed, specially the coaching is an understatement. Since you mentioned brady, I will ask you the same question I have asked others and gotten no response but one. How many superbowls would Brady have won if he was in dallas being coached by Garrett, Linehan and Moore?

and I totally agree, until we fix the defense, we can't really compete. I don't care who...2018, KC averaged 35 pts per game. that's insane. they didn't make it to the superbowl. in 2019, they averaged 28 pts per game, but the defense went from 31st to 15th...you don't need a great defense to win a championship (although it helps)....but you need good defense, good coaching (who can make crucial decisions during the game) to make it. Frankly, our coaching has lagged. Garrett has been solely responsible for so many losses with bad ingame decision making, which was his knock all along.

and although now I am being called a dak fanatic, two years ago I was a critic. I advocated for us not to sign him to an extension at that time, because I had concerns on several areas and wanted to see improvements. My concern was that if he doesn't improve, and we have given a large contract, then that's going to set us back several years. I also said at the time if he improves then giving him a contract and paying more is fine, since we would have our QB and everyone over pays for QBs given its the easiest path to the superbowl....a QB gives us a chance to be competitive, it never guarantees it, but without a QB, we are guaranteed not to be competitive. so if we overpay a little, by a few million even, its not the difference between having the ability to build a superbowl team or not.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Russ disagrees w/ you. Vehemently. As do several others.

Honestly, who are these QB's who were paid huge money and then won a super bowl? Eli maybe. Mostly, they fade into oblivion as their salary eats up the money that should be spend on backups and bettering your team in general.
Eli. Brees. Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, all of them got huge contracts at the time of the contract. biggest/largest in the NFL and won eventually. Ryan made it to the superbowl and if not for a coaching blunder, they would have/should have won. Brady proceeded to take lesser than market value after his first large contract, but his situation was also different, he had a wife that made more than he did so he could do so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We must remember this is a Cowboys forum. There is going to be emotion attached to players fans love.

It would be much like attacking or calling out your children. It’s going to be a sensitive subject for many fans.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the biggest reason some people dislike dak is the nauseating crap over and over about his stats, this stats that, which leads to no wins. "He's the best quarterback ever, better than Rodgers, the Manning brothers, Troy, and well every quarterback to ever play" They continue to blow this up in their tiny minds, not one day but every day. My posts were at first sarcasm but now I can not stand Dak because of these posters.
who has claimed he is better than those QBs you mentioned above?