Dak > Brady (since Amari)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Well let me clarify for you. Yes Dak won a wild card game so when I said I'll take the guy who wins in the post season I mean more than a wild card game. I mean the guy who consistently wins multiple games in the postseason.

:facepalm:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Maybe not 273. But go back and watch the game. The rams offense was shoving the ball down their throats from the opening snap. 90 yards rushing in two possessions. Our defense was getting its azz kicked all game long. No matter what the offense did.

How about the defense get a turnover to help the offense out? 2 playoff games and no turnovers. That’s not championship level football.

Our running game also sucked. 2.3 yards per attempt it was horrible.

Sure Dak could have gone more. But if you’re listing reasons the team lost that game, he is about #4 or #5.

There are games where he is #1 reason the team
Loses.

That’s football.

All that is true and I agree. I simply made the point that if the offense had been able to do more, the Rams would not have had as many offensive plays and may have been forced to pass more. No doubt the defense fell apart but it sure could have used some help from the offense to get some rest and try to right the ship. With the constant short possessions and lack of points, sadly that never happened.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I guess you quit reading after 2 words and react. Quite common these days. If you would have focused for just another second or so and read on you would have read “(Post Amari)”
No, it says "Since Amari", which is now. Dak is not > Brady now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
All that is true and I agree. I simply made the point that if the offense had been able to do more, the Rams would not have had as many offensive plays and may have been forced to pass more. No doubt the defense fell apart but it sure could have used some help from the offense to get some rest and try to right the ship. With the constant short possessions and lack of points, sadly that never happened.

How many 3 and outs did the defense force? Did the defense get any quick stops themselves to get off the field and get the ball back for the offense in good field position? The offense actually scored a decent number of points for the amount of possessions they had.

The loss was like 90% on the defense and 10% on the offense.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The ">Brady" part doesn't mean quite as much as the "since Amari" part.

Prescott 2018
before Cooper trade
128 of 206 62.1% 1417 yd 6.9 ypa 8 td 4 int 87.4 (24th)

after Cooper trade
270 of 385 70.1% 2960 yd 7.7 ypa 16 td 5 int 101.0 (8th)

CCBoy

Reaction score
The ">Brady" part doesn't mean quite as much as the "since Amari" part.

Prescott 2018
before Cooper trade
128 of 206 62.1% 1417 yd 6.9 ypa 8 td 4 int 87.4 (24th)

after Cooper trade
270 of 385 70.1% 2960 yd 7.7 ypa 16 td 5 int 101.0 (8th)

At least New England's offense isn't producing at 2007 and 2011 levels still...

pansophy

Reaction score
It's the score that matters in the end and the game was never out of reach.
That’s why Romo pushed as hard as he did, because the defense always let the team down, and then when we lost people blamed Romo instead of bad defense (or blamed Ware for not doing enough). I’m not going to do it to Dak. Defense should get its act together if we want to win.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That’s why Romo pushed as hard as he did, because the defense always let the team down, and then when we lost people blamed Romo instead of bad defense (or blamed Ware for not doing enough). I’m not going to do it to Dak. Defense should get its act together if we want to win.

Teams don't have to be the very best on the offensive or defensive sides of the ball...just the overall best with offense, defense, and special teams. Dominating time of clock and yardage doesn't hurt as well.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Or Dak "Love" as the coin falls on both side.........

P.S. How much is Dak's PR rep paying some of you here to keep selling a Dak Prescott that simply doesn't exists in the real NFL.:huh:
No, the longer the offseason the more Dak hate it seems. Hate, hate, hate.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'd say that the Super Bowl matters, and he was not even close to GOAT in the super bowl.

Against the same defense, Brady made the throws on important downs to get the W while Dak consistently failed on third downs and took the L.

That's the difference between GOAT and middling. It is what it is.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, the longer the offseason the more Dak hate it seems. Hate, hate, hate.

Watch for them, Rockport...they are forever attempting to drag someone down to their level and beat them to death with their own ignorance.

I'll take a Shiner...:)

CCBoy

Reaction score
Against the same defense, Brady made the throws on important downs to get the W while Dak consistently failed on third downs and took the L.

That's the difference between GOAT and middling. It is what it is.

Oh carrying a crystal ball are we?

Let's see how this year's Cowboys do against Green Bay, New England, New Orleans, the Rams, Philadelphia, and Chicago...

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Brady is in a class by himself. No QB should ever be compared to him unless they approach his 30 playoff wins and 6 Super Bowl rings.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Or Dak "Love" as the coin falls on both side.........

P.S. How much is Dak's PR rep paying some of you here to keep selling a Dak Prescott that simply doesn't exists in the real NFL.:huh:

Ha, if one can't keep up with the Cowboys winning NFC East for 2 of the past 3 seasons...and a winning season for 3 of the past 5, two being the best records in the NFC. Well, one should not even begin to toss rocks at others.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Brady is in a class by himself. No QB should ever be compared to him unless they approach his 30 playoff wins and 6 Super Bowl rings.

That out classes any decade of Dallas Cowboys' play...lol.

But good can still be appreciated by a fan...and the point.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I have many complaints about Dak’s play, but I can’t put the Rams game on him when we gave up 250 yards in rushing. Anyone know how teams have won a game giving up that many yards?
The Cowboys allowed 273 yards rushing in the game and did not have a takeaway.

Teams that allow 250+ rushing yards and don't have a takeaway are 6-123 all time.