Dak > Brady (since Amari)

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ok I'm sorry. I see why some people get antsy about Dak. Everyone wants to compare and promote post Amari Cooper Dak. No one wants to talk about pre Amari Cooper Dak. So here's the question, is pre Amari Cooper Dak worth 25 million? Because if this team talent level begins to drop. (For whatever reason) Then the pre Amari Cooper Dak is what we maybe paying for.

The future isn't set in stone for anyone so Dak Prescott could become Dak Sanchez or Dak McNabb.
You nailed it! Too many people using post Amari like its etched in stone. It was only a year ago Amari was dropping balls like crazy and Dak was under scrutiny for having a about 8 games ina row with under 200 yds passing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet somehow the Patriots scored more points. Curious given that we have the leading rusher in the league.

While clearly Dak did his part, better than Tom Brady did his. He threw for more TD's 14-13, and then ran for four more, giving him 18 scores to Brady's 13.

Once again, thank you for continuing to help illustrate the point.

Or were you trying to blame everyone else's issues on Dak while giving Brady credit for it on his end? Is that the lengths of desperation people are now grasping for? No, it couldn't possibly be that pathetic.

pansophy

Reaction score
While clearly Dak did his part, better than Tom Brady did his. He threw for more TD's 14-13, and then ran for four more, giving him 18 scores to Brady's 13.

Once again, thank you for continuing to help illustrate the point.

Or were you trying to blame everyone else's issues on Dak while giving Brady credit for it on his end? Is that the lengths of desperation people are now grasping for? No, it couldn't possibly be that pathetic.
QBR rankings from last year would argue differently. It’s not about how many TDs Dak has but how many points the offense has, or is that only when we talk about Aikman.

But sure let’s say I’m wrong and Dak played better than Brady, then you are basically saying Brady at 40 has finally declined into an average QB because all of Dak’s numbers last year put him in the middle of the pack.

Silly

Reaction score
Okay. you guys win. Dak is better then brady. Just give Dak a 20 million dollar a year contract and let the super bowls rain down on dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QBR rankings from last year would argue differently. It’s not about how many TDs Dak has but how many points the offense has, or is that only when we talk about Aikman.

But sure let’s say I’m wrong and Dak played better than Brady, then you are basically saying Brady at 40 has finally declined into an average QB because all of Dak’s numbers last year put him in the middle of the pack.

However you have to twist it to where "Dak can't win", your motives couldn't be made any clearer.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Rams had the ball exactly one more time than the Cowboys did.

Maybe if Dak could have made even one more third down conversion the disparity in plays and top would have been closer.

Without going back and rewatching I can recall three instances when Dak missed on plays that were there for the taking. Converting even one of those plays could have made the difference in that very close game.

Blaming the defense entirely is simple minded. Inspite of the terrible stat line they held the fort when it mattered and kept the score down. Only to have the offense put them right back on the field again.

This is what we're going to get from Dak for as long as he is here. Win their share of regular season games and falter against the top competition in the playoffs.

Dak could have and should have won that Rams game.
Your 100% correct! Dak went cold for too long. I believe he missed a wide open TE badly underthrown that would of been a TD. The defense needed time to figure out the Rams but before they could look at tablets they were right back out there. Continuously Dak kept going 3 and out. The thing is we saw this coming but didnt know it. The Colts did the same thing to Dallas.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I've seen this story play out for 10 years with the KC Chiefs and Alex Smith. He was good enough to get the Chiefs to the playoffs but never good enough to win anything. For everyone who wants Dak signed for 30 mil or even 28 mil would you be ok with a team that's goes 10 more years with a playoff win here and there but nothing more? Smith might even be a little more accurate than Dak. The chiefs worked hard trying to build the defense and had some good RBs and had Travis Kelce. All that talent couldn't get Smith to the SB.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It's a discussion between these two individual player's stats between the specified time span. It's regarding what's happening currently, not in the past.

Some can understand this, others can't.

I understand clearly...and still find it irrational

HungryLion

Reaction score
You’re right but they also don’t get 273 yards rushing if the offense would have done something with the ball. Keeping the ball and scoring some points would have kept them from running so much and wearing down the defense. The defense totally sucked but Dak didn’t help them by not doing much when we had the ball.

Maybe not 273. But go back and watch the game. The rams offense was shoving the ball down their throats from the opening snap. 90 yards rushing in two possessions. Our defense was getting its azz kicked all game long. No matter what the offense did.

How about the defense get a turnover to help the offense out? 2 playoff games and no turnovers. That’s not championship level football.

Our running game also sucked. 2.3 yards per attempt it was horrible.

Sure Dak could have gone more. But if you’re listing reasons the team lost that game, he is about #4 or #5.

There are games where he is #1 reason the team
Loses.

That’s football.

pansophy

Reaction score
However you have to twist it to where "Dak can't win", your motives couldn't be made any clearer.
I actually do think he can win. I just don't think he is as good as Brady and other top tier QBs as a passer, and considering Brady makes half as much as we are talking about paying Dak I'm also concerned about whether we can put enough guys around him to make him successful if we actually pay him what people are saying we will.

For the record I thought Dak was turning the corner as a passer towards the end of the year. He only has to be average in what has been weaknesses for his many strengths to make him a very good starter in this league.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Repeated threads like this one makes you wonder if folks are getting paid to post hate.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Brady didn't have a great season last year - it was, for him, considered a down year. Still the GOAT when it mattered.

superonyx

Reaction score
he's won a wild card game. you wanna say he's better than brady go ahead.
The wildcard game isn’t post season now?

I didn’t say anything about Brady. You made a failed point and need to put words in my mouth to try to win an argument on the internet. another fail.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually do think he can win. I just don't think he is as good as Brady and other top tier QBs as a passer, and considering Brady makes half as much as we are talking about paying Dak I'm also concerned about whether we can put enough guys around him to make him successful if we actually pay him what people are saying we will.

For the record I thought Dak was turning the corner as a passer towards the end of the year. He only has to be average in what has been weaknesses for his many strengths to make him a very good starter in this league.

For the record, I’m not thrilled about the money part either.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I have many complaints about Dak’s play, but I can’t put the Rams game on him when we gave up 250 yards in rushing. Anyone know how teams have won a game giving up that many yards?
It's the score that matters in the end and the game was never out of reach.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The wildcard game isn’t post season now?

I didn’t say anything about Brady. You made a failed point and need to put words in my mouth to try to win an argument on the internet. another fail.

Well let me clarify for you. Yes Dak won a wild card game so when I said I'll take the guy who wins in the post season I mean more than a wild card game. I mean the guy who consistently wins multiple games in the postseason.