Dak can make every throw

Nav22

Reaction score
The myth that he couldn’t make every throw has been completely busted.

I’m so sorry, haters. I am so, SO sorry.

His career completion % was 66.1 entering today. His career yards/attempt was 7.4 entering today. Both very good figures.

His haters bleated all offseason that those numbers meant nothing.

“EYE TEST!”

“JUST WATCH THE GAMES!”

“HE CAN’T THROW DEEP!”

“DINK AND DAK!”

Oh, and “it was just the Giants!” is not any kind of valid excuse. Dropping DIMES is dropping DIMES, no matter who’s in coverage. It’s not like he was throwing screens out there that our receivers were taking to the house.

I’m sure most of his haters feel like complete dummies right about now... at least the ones who have a shred of football knowledge in their bodies. Because even if they still want to argue that Dak was “average” from 2016-18, they were also SO SURE that Dak could never take that next step.

Welp, it’s early, of course... but it looks like Dak is poised to have a fantastic year in Moore’s pass-first offense.

Now, if these Dak haters are true DALLAS COWBOYS fans, they’ll learn to embrace our franchise QB instead of looking to tear him down every chance they get.

It takes a big man to say, “I was wrong.” I’m sure most of us will be gracious about it. I was dead wrong when I said we shouldn’t bench Drew Bledsoe for Tony Romo, because I thought we’d be throwing in the towel in 2006 by going with Romo. Whoops!

Nav22

Reaction score
Have never understood it. Basically self loathing. Heck I rooted for Quincy Carter. I cannot bring myself to not root for the people on the team I love.
I don’t get it either. But after seeing the level of hate that a stud like Tony Romo received from SOME Cowboys fans, nothing surprises me anymore.

I supported Quincy, Chad Hutchinson, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, Anthony Wright, etc. etc. etc. when they were the Cowboys QB.

Because I’m a Cowboys fan.

Unlike those guys, Dak is actually an effective NFL starting QB. He wins most of his games, he puts up good numbers, he’s clutch and he’s a fantastic leader whose teammates love him.

Makes no sense for a COWBOYS fan to not root like crazy for this guy to succeed.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I don’t get it either. But after seeing the level of hate that a stud like Tony Romo received from SOME Cowboys fans, nothing surprises me anymore.

I supported Quincy, Chad Hutchinson, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, Anthony Wright, etc. etc. etc. when they were the Cowboys QB.

Because I’m a Cowboys fan.

Unlike those guys, Dak is actually an effective NFL starting QB. He wins most of his games, he puts up good numbers, he’s clutch and he’s a fantastic leader whose teammates love him.

Makes no sense for a COWBOYS fan to not root like crazy for this guy to succeed.
tenor.gif

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I'm firm in my belief that Dak is the next great thing. I saw that in 2014 and I'm sticking with it. Just like I will hold that belief on Kyler Murray.... who had a great first game today might I add.

I think it's still logical to state that this is just the first game. I'm not gonna berate people who'll placate today's effort with that. However, one thing I can conclude for sure is that Moore REALLY trusts Dak. One HUGE difference between Linehan and Moore that can make all the difference between how good Dak could become is as simple as that..... the trust-level of his offensive coordinator.

His numbers will inevitably rise if he gets that many more attempts. Although today's (32 attempts) weren't a lot, I believe that'll increase in this offense, in a game that ends up being closer score-wise and Dak is asked to play all 4 quarters.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Combination of Moore and Kitna has really opened Dak up. Dak looked way more confident in his throws. Almost everyone knew Linehan was holding this entire offense back.

I’m interested to see how Moore can gameplan against top 5-7 defenses.

foofighters

Reaction score
The myth that he couldn’t make every throw has been completely busted.

I’m so sorry, haters. I am so, SO sorry.

His career completion % was 66.1 entering today. His career yards/attempt was 7.4 entering today. Both very good figures.

His haters bleated all offseason that those numbers meant nothing.

“EYE TEST!”

“JUST WATCH THE GAMES!”

“HE CAN’T THROW DEEP!”

“DINK AND DAK!”

Oh, and “it was just the Giants!” is not any kind of valid excuse. Dropping DIMES is dropping DIMES, no matter who’s in coverage. It’s not like he was throwing screens out there that our receivers were taking to the house.

I’m sure most of his haters feel like complete dummies right about now... at least the ones who have a shred of football knowledge in their bodies. Because even if they still want to argue that Dak was “average” from 2016-18, they were also SO SURE that Dak could never take that next step.

Welp, it’s early, of course... but it looks like Dak is poised to have a fantastic year in Moore’s pass-first offense.

Now, if these Dak haters are true DALLAS COWBOYS fans, they’ll learn to embrace our franchise QB instead of looking to tear him down every chance they get.

It takes a big man to say, “I was wrong.” I’m sure most of us will be gracious about it. I was dead wrong when I said we shouldn’t bench Drew Bledsoe for Tony Romo, because I thought we’d be throwing in the towel in 2006 by going with Romo. Whoops!
Dak is still underthrowing the ball.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol at anyone especially a Cowboys fan that wants Dak to fail at this point.
You and others have to really stop using the bogus language y’all do. Who the expletive wants Dak to fail? Nobody does people just think he’s average but that isn’t wanting him to fail. 2019 has too many people on this stupid team this or that bs. Nobody hates or wants this dude to fail by saying he’s been an average qb up until this point.

Bigdog

Reaction score
No that is wrong. He still can throw ball 50 yards down the field and catch his own pass for a TD like this guy in Philly can or so I have been told by some on this board, lol.